Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ugly win...but, oh well...moving on to the Bucs...
Gotta recognize that there weren't a lot of highlights...but the D held up...for the most part...and even though Tee and Boyd left early, we pulled it off. But IF they are still out next week...will we prevail against the Bucs?

Thoughts...? Cool
Reply/Quote
Yep. TB is still having trouble putting up points. This was a tougher game than next week will be.
Reply/Quote
Today snuffed out any bit of light and any chance for the Stains or the Stealers to sneak into the playoffs. So it's us and the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Offense looked alright even after losing Tee and Boyd

Burrow is just on another level with QB IQ.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Offense looked alright even after losing Tee and Boyd

Offense stumbled early and late but overall did adjust to no Higgins and no Boyd and no Hurst. OL actually held up pretty well with the Stains cheating up to the line a lot since only Chase two worry about deep. Even with that they ran for 5.1 YPC and 136 yards while throttling Chubb on defense. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Offense looked alright even after losing Tee and Boyd

Tee, Boyd and Hurst all MIA.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Ugly wins in a five game win streak are a good thing. Fle flicker was a helluva call.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’m very happy with an ugly win vs a team we usually get crushed by. 9 wins on the year and in great shape with a nice streak going. Winnable games coming up too these next two weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ugly wins in a five game win streak are a good thing. Fle flicker was a helluva call.

Yes,. one awesome call and one laughably bad one (the Chase pass). 
Reply/Quote
The Chase play was supposed to be a reverse. Zac said there were problems mechanically from the start. Bluntly said "it didn't work"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes,. one awesome call and one laughably bad one (the Chase pass). 

Zac just said it was a reverse all the way, which explains why no one ran a route. It was just a  joke by Chase, I guess…
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
We gonna have to take the deep threat moniker off of Jamarr because he’s deadly ANYWHERE. He’s not just a streak guy

Dude runs every route. He really should be getting more love for best WR in the game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Good win. The refs made the game a lot harder to watch, but it was good to finally beat Turd. We kicked them out of the wildcard hunt and assured ourselves a winning season at the least. I cant overlook the Bucs, but we should beat them.
Reply/Quote
Yes, we gotta beat the Bucs next week, it's "HYPER CRITICAL"!!!! Lol, couldn't resist........
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:14 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Gotta recognize that there weren't a lot of highlights...but the D held up...for the most part...and even though Tee and Boyd left early, we pulled it off. But IF they are still out next week...will we prevail against the Bucs?

Thoughts...?  Cool

I think you only think offensive for good,tell me what was vmbad on defense
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:24 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: Zac just said it was a reverse all the way, which explains why no one ran a route. It was just a  joke by Chase, I guess…

He had three defenders in front of him, he knew he wasn't going anywhere, so why not throw it if there was someone open. Unfortunately, there wasn't
Reply/Quote
I don't know how much longer my heart can handle the Myles Garrett vs Jonah Williams matchup.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think you only think offensive for good,tell me what was vmbad on defense

wut

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yes,. one awesome call and one laughably bad one (the Chase pass). 

I think when the Browns blew up the play, Chase quick-wittedly decided to throw an incompletion so as not to lose yardage and then very smartly realized the offensive linemen were downfield and would be a penalty. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 06:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yes, we gotta beat the Bucs next week, it's "HYPER CRITICAL"!!!!  Lol, couldn't resist........

And even a glancing look at the standings shows the truth of this. Had the Stealers been even minimally competent today we would have gotten into a much better place - now if the Rats beat the Stains next week we lose all the AFCN tiebreakers. 
Reply/Quote