Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
It’s like some of you are new to sports fandom lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I kind of feel bad for him now especially if he read this thread at any point since game one against the Bears.. 

He'll tell his grandchildren about how admired he once was for one preseason game . Then the bitterness will come along. . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Two missed balls batted in the air for picks in 2 weeks? How do you justify keeping him around? He'll have to have a big game against Indy.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Maybe tate's errors work in our favor, no other team may want him so we can put him on the practice squad with no worries.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A bad performance (or a couple in a row) is a bigger deal when it’s a player already on the bubble. He could be playing his way right off the 53 with games like this.

I agree, but the potential is still there.  Yesterday was not a good look for him at all.  He may still make the roster, but it's an uphill climb now.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
"Body of Work". Tate has had a great camp, and 2 good games. 1 bad game will not doom him.... he needs to show up for #4 though....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "Body of Work". Tate has had a great camp, and 2 good games. 1 bad game will not doom him.... he needs to show up for #4 though....

It's possible the boxscores are wrong and I didnt watch enough of the 2nd ams 3rd games 4th quarter to see if they are accurate but according to ESPN through the 3 games Tate has had 1 catch for 33 yards on 5 attempts. Now I remember one being a near catch in one of the games but he has by no means had 2 good games for someone fighting for a spot on the team. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree, but the potential is still there.  Yesterday was not a good look for him at all.  He may still make the roster, but it's an uphill climb now.

(08-27-2018, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "Body of Work". Tate has had a great camp, and 2 good games. 1 bad game will not doom him.... he needs to show up for #4 though....

I don't think he's in grave danger of not making the team.  While I do agree that he's been showing his "rookie" a little, lately, overall I'm not ready to dismiss him.  The good qualities that he brings to the table far outweigh a couple of fluky mistakes, in my opinion.

For those ready to write him off?  Who ya keeping over him?  Looks like Erickson has continued to show he belongs.  Cody Core?  Doubtful, but that's just my opinion.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
My guess is Core is out the door.....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My guess is Core is out the door.....

Which would be fine with me tbh. I was hopeful for Core, but it’s not like he hasn’t had a chance here.

Reply/Quote
Tate is raw like i said. he doesnt have to be thrown in fire and be expected to produce.
he can practice learn watch.
let him learn and figure what he needs to work on
it hes willing to be a student of the game wants to be great hes in a great spot
hes already out played recent 7th rd guys like Alford and Urrita.
even TJ was a 7th rd pick
ive seen too many WRs drafted and expected to produce out the gate and it only brought the offense down.
hes got a solid veteren room to learn from. no divas
Reply/Quote
Think Tate will get plenty of work in week 4 of preseason to let him play his way on or off roster.

Think he is still barely hanging on presently.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tate is raw like i said. he doesnt have to be thrown in fire and be expected to produce.
he can practice learn watch.
let him learn and figure what he needs to work on
it hes willing to be a student of the game wants to be great hes in a great spot
hes already out played recent 7th rd guys like Alford and Urrita.
even TJ was a 7th rd pick
ive seen too many WRs drafted and expected to produce out the gate and it only brought the offense down.
hes got a solid veteren room to learn from. no divas

He can develop on practice squad if he is not going to give a edge to team this year over another position player not worth it, we need to win this year not waiting for future, 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He can develop on practice squad if he is not going to give a edge to team this year over another position player not worth it, we need to win this year not waiting for future, 

He's competing with Core for the #6 WR spot, and Core has done nothing in TC or preseason.  Core is a better ST's guy, though.  The big question is if they would dress Core for teams or Erickson as a returner and as the better WR as the 5th.  The 6th WR doesn't typically dress.  If Core won't dress, it makes no sense to keep him and expose Tate to waivers.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's competing with Core for the #6 WR spot, and Core has done nothing in TC or preseason.  Core is a better ST's guy, though.  The big question is if they would dress Core for teams or Erickson as a returner and as the better WR as the 5th.  The 6th WR doesn't typically dress.  If Core won't dress, it makes no sense to keep him and expose Tate to waivers.  

I see Core going on pup list but I'm not sure we keep 6th wr
Reply/Quote
Practice squad at best at this point and it's not like every team is licking their chops to grab a 7th round practice squad player who hasn't shown up on special teams yet.. If he doesn't make our PS he's unlikely to make other teams PS's either   ..
He might latch on with another team if their receiving groups are decimated by injuries .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
UH NO.
Not even as a JOKE.
Tate is opening day roster. RED ZONE NIGHTMARE.
If he starts day 1, by the end of the year barring injury he will have 12 TD's.
CONSERVATIVE estimate.

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
IF TATE IS NOT ON THE OPENING DAY ROSTER, SOMEONE HAS LOST THEIR MINDS.

Core is a very good player, great hands and speed.

We have 5 guys currently who, while not all as fast at least close. And ALL with great hands.
What we don't have is a BIG MONSTER WR who catches everything near him. (And BTW he ain't slow too)

IF YOU PUT HIM ON THE PRACTICE SQUAD YOU WILL LOSE A 12 TD player from the BENGALS TEAM.
Someone will take him as soon as possible to get him. BET.
I don't like the idea of losing Core, BUT KEEP TATE at any sane cost. (To be honest I would sign him to a good contract as soon as possible.) TRUST ME I HATE BIG TIME CONTRACTS.

I agree let him play his way on the team. (2 TD's 70 + yards)

JUST WIN BABY!!!

GO BENGALS!
Reply/Quote
As much as we struggled in the red zone last year, and with Eifert always being iffy, I think Tate is good insurance and expect him to be on the 53....
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 08:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As much as we struggled in the red zone last year, and with Eifert always being iffy, I think Tate is good insurance and expect him to be on the 53....

As do I.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote