Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-20-2018, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get this straight.

Erickson looks good in preseason...….MEANINGLESS!!!

Tate looks good in preseason...…….INSTANT STARTER!!!!!
i never said Tate was a instant starter.in fact i said Tate at this moment is about number 5 on the depth chart. 
the truth is Erickson has done more in the preseason than regular season. 
ive always stated Tate is raw and has a ways to go.
Tate simply can give you more at the WR spot
than Erickson can over the same 3 year timespan.
Erickson runs good routes and his hands real good
but hes not a threat in the red zone .
Cbs over time can reroute him. Erickson cant consistantly beat press coverage or consistantly seperate off the LOS.
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness; Do we still think he's going to be making the starting roster game 1?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:06 AM)impactplaya Wrote: i find it funny there were posters that said Core was better than Tate and Tate could be stashed on the practice squad.
i think Tate just accelerated Cores exit with the Bengals

lets decimate the hate for Tate and show Core the door cause Auden can do more
his talent we cant ignore

Well Tate should feel Lucky Core has been hurt.. has not looked good since 1st preseason game, giving us very little from what I see on specialities.. today bad routes, bad attempt after INT, and drop for a TD
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He didn't help his self today.
Reply/Quote
I feel silly falling for the hype. Now I see why he lasted until the 7th round.

Reply/Quote
I never understood fans. One good game and the player is great, a bad game and he sucks. It’ll be the same on here after game 1 too. If the Bengals win, it’ll be a saturation of playoffs talk. If they lose, it will be that they totally suck and the season is over. Why are people always in overreacting mode?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:21 PM)Sweetness Wrote: In all seriousness; Do we still think he's going to be making the starting roster game 1?

we?  ....  Coffee
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Tate is a 7th round rookie for a reason. So yes, each game counts, a lot plus what he is doing at practice which we can't see anymore. I am rooting for him, but he has not made this team, he better show and play better than he has recently. Today was not good, could not run a good route, was not ready for the pass causing the interception, then does not wrap a guy up and Ross is forced to tackle him. I am hoping Ross did not hurt his shoulder again, if so Tate is partially to blame.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:31 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I never understood fans. One good game and the player is great, a bad game and he sucks. It’ll be the same on here after game 1 too. If the Bengals win, it’ll be a saturation of playoffs talk. If they lose, it will be that they totally suck and the season is over. Why are people always in overreacting mode?

A bad performance (or a couple in a row) is a bigger deal when it’s a player already on the bubble. He could be playing his way right off the 53 with games like this.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:31 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I never understood fans. One good game and the player is great, a bad game and he sucks. It’ll be the same on here after game 1 too. If the Bengals win, it’ll be a saturation of playoffs talk. If they lose, it will be that they totally suck and the season is over. Why are people always in overreacting mode?

I am not overreacting.. if Core had been healthy it would have been a tough call.. sure Tate has some skills sets that maybe could led something to this team especially down the road but this year im not sure and with them in this "Win Now" mode not a rebuild, im not sure if they will take a chance knowing what they had in Core especially on Special Teams which are very important also .. plus sometimes a unknown player comes in with no pressure in beginning, then if he actually starts to feel he has a chance to make it.. that pressure can change how he plays.. maybe Tate is going through that.. I don;t know, but I do know he has taken a step back not forward.. I do not see Core being on the 53 to start the season , possible PUP for him anyway so now it becomes is Tate and his limited skill set worth 6th WR spot over another spot on this team say a DT or a 4th RB... we will see.  I also believe Eiffert is really going to be treated like a WR early in the year.. I don't see him mixing it up on the line at TE much when he is in... plus with Mixon and Gio able to go into the slot.. less and less need for that 6th WR...  We will See
Reply/Quote
Are we cutting AJ to keep this guy yet?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are we cutting AJ to keep this guy yet?

I could see us keeping:

Green
Boyd
Ross
Malone
Erickson

Tate's issues are 2 fold against Core, rookie and Core right now is heads and better against him with special teams

We kept 7 a year ago, I see only 6 this year
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 09:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could see us keeping:

Green
Boyd
Ross
Malone
Erickson

Tate's issues are 2 fold against Core, rookie and Core right now is heads and better against him with special teams

We kept 7 a year ago, I see only 6 this year

I think one of the things working against Tate is Eifert. Eifert is not going to be used as an inline blocker anytime soon. He's going to be used as a big-bodied receiver.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think Tate has a ton of potential as a WR specifically a red zone threat, but he hasnt shown up on ST at all, and the last two games he didnt take advantage of his opportunities like he did in game 1. That doesnt bode well for him making the roster, but hopefully we can ps him.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A bad performance (or a couple in a row) is a bigger deal when it’s a player already on the bubble. He could be playing his way right off the 53 with games like this.

True. I was talking more about people putting him on the team after one good game.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 08:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am not overreacting.. if Core had been healthy it would have been a tough call.. sure Tate has some skills sets that maybe could led something to this team especially down the road but this year im not sure and with them in this "Win Now" mode not a rebuild, im not sure if they will take a chance knowing what they had in Core especially on Special Teams which are very important also .. plus sometimes a unknown player comes in with no pressure in beginning, then if he actually starts to feel he has a chance to make it.. that pressure can change how he plays.. maybe Tate is going through that.. I don;t know, but I do know he has taken a step back not forward.. I do not see Core being on the 53 to start the season , possible PUP for him anyway so now it becomes is Tate and his limited skill set worth 6th WR spot over another spot on this team say a DT or a 4th RB... we will see.  I also believe Eiffert is really going to be treated like a WR early in the year.. I don't see him mixing it up on the line at TE much when he is in... plus with Mixon and Gio able to go into the slot.. less and less need for that 6th WR...  We will See

I could have worded my post better. I just didn’t understand how people were saying that Tate had won a spot after one good game.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 10:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I could have worded my post better. I just didn’t understand how people were saying that Tate had won a spot after one good game.

He was getting a lot of buzz in camp as well.

Reply/Quote
As much as I was hoping for Tate to make this roster, he has not shown what it takes. Hoping he can prove me wrong but..
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was getting a lot of buzz in camp as well.

That's what 7th round draft picks and undrafted FA do every year in camp. 
Reply/Quote
Bravo! Marvelous! He's ok. He's kind of alright. Yeah, not that good. He's horrible. Let's put him on the practice squad. He needs cut... 

Well that was short lived.  He apparently skipped the bread part of the greatest thing since sliced bread .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote