Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-18-2018, 05:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I haven't seen a rookie WR get this much hype since Armon Binns!

Pales in comparison to Dez Briscoe, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 06:45 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Now you sound like the tard from the other thread.  You just lumped all 6 ‘5” guys as the same.  Some have better leaping ability , ball skills or can get the ball at the highest point.  This guy has a knack.  I’m not saying he’s the next megaton and guys with his size that did bust never were this dominant in camp. IE Mike Willians , Rodgers etc.   when’s the last time a rookie has jumped out like this in Training camp ?  I seriously think we might have something here.

Well needs to have more than a knack at catching balls he need to show something he can offer on special teams, the third phase of winning ball games that we forget about. Depending on other cuts are 6th wr might need to a value on specials.

After i posted this, i found the perfect article today on bengals.com about what Tate needs to do to secure that WR position

https://www.bengals.com/news/tate-tries-to-grab-a-job 
Reply/Quote
Remove sarcasm from thread title

Reply/Quote
Pretty soon here Bengal fans will be hoping he does poorly in the next 2 games so we can stash him on our PS.

Still think he is better than Core.

Oh hey, did Erickson not prove his worth AGAIN. Give this guy some credit damnit.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Pretty soon here Bengal fans will be hoping he does poorly in the next 2 games so we can stash him on our PS.

Oh hey, did Erickson not prove his worth AGAIN. Give this guy some credit damnit.

Tate damn near caught the ball on the play where he got the PI call against Dallas. I don't recall how well he did on teams. He did drop a ball trying to go across the middle. 

Yeah, Erikson's a total stud. He's earned a roster spot. He just knows how to get open, and catches it when it's thrown to him. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 12:02 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Pretty soon here Bengal fans will be hoping he does poorly in the next 2 games so we can stash him on our PS.

Id have him 6th overall wr on the depth chart. But I would play Erickson and Malone over him for the time being when the season starts. Not even a question about that imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Erickson is having a solid preseason.
but ive seen his solid preseasons before.
regular season comes along hes a ghost.
hes needs to make plays come week 1.
show me something when it counts
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:39 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Erickson is having a solid preseason.

While I somewhat agree, that's not necessarily all his fault. When given a chance in games he again has made the most of it just like in preseason. He has caught 75% of the passes thrown to him in regular season games. Is it a small sample size? Obviously. But maybe Marvin needs to give him more of a chance compared to some of these other guys. 

Marvin has been holding the white reciever era back since the Shipley days. It's time for change!!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
yeah Erickson catches almost everything thrown his way.
the only thing is when he secures the catch he doesnt have a extra gear to out run defenders
hes a sure handed WR who on 3rd 5 will get you 8 yards
hes not a burner. you cant send him deep. he takes too long to build up top speed
but those intermediate routes he runs well.
but why is his targets so few?
Reply/Quote
I think we should keep AJ as our #1 WR just in case Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshall, Plexico Burress....... is not reincarnated.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:37 AM)impactplaya Wrote: yeah Erickson catches almost everything thrown his way.
the only thing is when he secures the catch he doesnt have a extra gear to out run defenders
hes a sure handed WR who on 3rd 5 will get you 8 yards
hes not a burner. you cant send him deep. he takes too long to build up top speed
but those intermediate routes he runs well.
but why is his targets so few?

Because this team has invested high draft picks on WRs and TEs the last few years???
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 11:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we should keep AJ as our #1 WR just in case Anquan Boldin, Brandon Marshall, Plexico Burress....... is not reincarnated.

I'm not sure any sane person is calling Tate our #1, but I pointed out before that it wouldn't be a Bengals off-season if we didn't spend time wondering how we are EVERRRR going to get all of our amazing WRs on the field at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remove sarcasm from thread title

I was just waiting to see what people would say after last night
Reply/Quote
Tate’s ability in the red zone and on third downs would be perfect given Dalton’s moderate inaccuracies, this is an example of keeping a player who will help an average QB out a lot
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:39 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Erickson is having a solid preseason.

So let me get this straight.

Erickson looks good in preseason...….MEANINGLESS!!!

Tate looks good in preseason...…….INSTANT STARTER!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pales in comparison to Dez Briscoe, 

Maurice Purify would pancake Dez Briscoe.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So let me get this straight.

Erickson looks good in preseason...….MEANINGLESS!!!

Tate looks good in preseason...…….INSTANT STARTER!!!!!
Are you forgetting the shiny new object factor? PLUS he was drafted as opposed to undrafted. In some people's minds that's the difference between a bum and a sure fire HOFer..  lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2018, 02:42 AM)Shady Wrote: I don't know if you're talking about Anquon Boldin, but I think he fits your description. 

Thanks, that's exactly who I was thinking of, thanks!
Reply/Quote
Tate is a great athlete his vert and long jump is great, he will be a excellent red zone target cause he snatches the ball out the air in traffic, but he is slow as dirt so I cant see him in the game until we get in the red zone. Cody core was good in burst last year I don't know whats going on with him this year.
Reply/Quote
I like Tate better than Core. That's about as far as I'll go. I'd keep him as the 6 if he can do okay on teams. Doesn't mean you expect a heck of a lot out of him this year.

As for Erickson, wouldn't it be something to see him emerge as the number 2 or 3 WR? I don't think its' impossible at all.
Reply/Quote