Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-17-2018, 02:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the thing with tate is... At 6'5"  And jumps for balls...  He is open where ever he is...    

Hes not the guy that's gonna stretch the field for us  but could become a solid possession receiver or just be a 3rd down & RZ target with eifert

I hope so, but I will wait and see on that as there are a lot of good corners out there he hasn't faced yet in a regular game. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:16 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Tate is legit.  It doesn’t matter who’s lined up in front of him be it practice or preseason.  My bold prediction Tate starts at #2 wr by end of day the year and Boyd at slot receiver.  Loved how he high points the ball.

So back to what we had last year with no deep threats and them being able to double AJ? No thanks. 

I hope he's the next big thing but I think people are jumping the gun just a little bit. How many receivers with his type of measurables have ever really done much in the NFL? He scored some touchdowns but it's not exactly like he lit it up in college. He had one game in which he caught more then 5 passes in his college career. Tell me he's going to be a great redzone threat and I'm board but if he's our #2 receiver by years end we're looking at a 4-12 season. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: How pissed would you be if Tate went practice squad and another team picked him up, say the Pats and he became Brady's number one go to guy? 

No way Tate goes to the Practice Squad so it is a moot question....
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 02:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the thing with tate is... At 6'5"  And jumps for balls...  He is open where ever he is...    

If this were true then every team in the league would be starting two 6'5" WRs who can jump.  Those type of guys are not exactly unicorns.

I think too many people are too infatuated with a guy just because he is 6'5".
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:42 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So back to what we had last year with no deep threats and them being able to double AJ? No thanks. 

I hope he's the next big thing but I think people are jumping the gun just a little bit. How many receivers with his type of measurables have ever really done much in the NFL? He scored some touchdowns but it's not exactly like he lit it up in college. He had one game in which he caught more then 5 passes in his college career. Tell me he's going to be a great redzone threat and I'm board but if he's our #2 receiver by years end we're looking at a 4-12 season. 

Megatron comes to mind with his type of measurables. Auden Tate just scores TD's which is what wins games.

Still think Ross is the #2, Boyd is the Slot and Auden comes in the game when we are in the Red Zone but i refuse
to play down what Auden Tate is doing right now. It is impressive. We will win  alot of games if he stays healthy
because of him if he can keep this up. Lets not act like Touchdowns don't win games shall we?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If this were true then every team in the league would be starting two 6'5" WRs who can jump.  Those type of guys are not exactly unicorns.

Doesn't matter if you are 10 foot tall if you cannot catch.

Auden Tate has great hands and knows how to pin point the ball in a rare way.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Megatron comes to mind with his type of measurables. Auden Tate just scores TD's which is what wins games.

Still think Ross is the #2, Boyd is the Slot and Auden comes in the game when we are in the Red Zone but i refuse
to play down what Auden Tate is doing right now. It is impressive. We will win  alot of games if he stays healthy
because of him if he can keep this up. Lets not act like Touchdowns don't win games shall we?

I knew someone was going to try to bring up Megatron. The only small minuscule barely noticable difference between the two is that Megatron is 6'5 and runs a 4.3 while take is 6'5 and runs a 4.7
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:52 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I knew someone was going to try to bring up Megatron. The only small minuscule barely noticable difference between the two is that Megatron is 6'5 and runs a 4.3 while take is 6'5 and runs a 4.7

Knew someone was going to bring up their forty time lol Hilarious

Just saying that we won 7 games last year with Lafell as our number 2. Think we will win more than 4 with a guy that
just catches TD's all the time...
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just saying that we won 7 games last year with Lafell as our number 2. Think we will win more than 4 with a guy that

Lafell had 11 tds his last year in college and 25 for his college career.

Tate had 10 tds his last year in college and only 16 for college career.

I realize many of my post may sound like I am ripping Tate.  I am not.  I hope he developes into a serious td threat.  But I just don't believe that he has changed that much over the last 8 months.  If he was a superman who is unstoppable in the red zone against NFL defenders then he would have scored a hell of a lot more tds in college.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lafell had 11 tds his last year in college and 25 for his college career.

Tate had 10 tds his last year in college and only 16 for college career.

I realize many of my post may sound like I am ripping Tate.  I am not.  I hope he developes into a serious td threat.  But I just don't believe that he has changed that much over the last 8 months.  If he was a superman who is unstoppable in the red zone against NFL defenders then he would have scored a hell of a lot more tds in college.

I care what they are doing now Fred. Thanks for the numbers though. ThumbsUp

Auden Tate just scored a TD in our last Preseason game, Lafell did not.

Just hope he keeps it up cause if he does he will really help the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Knew someone was going to bring up their forty time lol Hilarious

Just saying that we won 7 games last year with Lafell as our number 2. Think we will win more than 4 with a guy that

I would have more faith in Lafell as our #2 then a 7th round pick who was only a redzone threat in college who has never played a snap in a regular season game. Again, if you're telling me he's our 3rd or 4th reciever I think it's a different story but to claim he could be a #2 based off what he has shown so far in his entire football career thus far is asinine. (I know that wasnt you)
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:15 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I would have more faith in Lafell as our #2 then a 7th round pick who was only a redzone threat in college who has never played a snap in a regular season game. Again, if you're telling me he's our 3rd or 4th reciever I think it's a different story but to claim he could be a #2 based off what he has shown so far in his entire football career thus far is asinine. (I know that wasnt you)

Agree i am not just throwing it out the window.

Houshmandzadeh was a 7th round pick....

Ross should be the #2, Boyd should be the Slot and Auden Tate should be a Red Zone guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:42 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So back to what we had last year with no deep threats and them being able to double AJ? No thanks. 

While true, you have to consider who was throwing passes at FSU in Tate's last two seasons.....two freshmen.  This wasn't the prolific passing game the Noles were known for previously.  Cam Akers and Dalvin Cook were the main offensive threats, and the team just wasn't very good by FSU standards.  Francois and Blackman were battered and running for their lives behind the porous oline most games.  Still yet, if they could get to the redzone, Tate was always a threat to score.

Our deep threat is John Ross, Boyd the man in the slot.  Tate will be a possession receiver, and red zone target.  That's what he's good at.  You might even see him in any jumbo packages ran.  You won't see him lined up as a true #2 unless the WR corps is decimated by injury.  If that's the case, it won't be Auden Tate as the reason the team is losing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I care what they are doing now Fred. Thanks for the numbers though. ThumbsUp

So Auden Tate is also better than A J Green who had zero tds?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If this were true then every team in the league would be starting two 6'5" WRs who can jump.  Those type of guys are not exactly unicorns.

Not all WRs go up and get the ball from the air... 

Not saying Tate should be our number 2 WR  Far from it but he would be an excellent addition for our Red zone or 3rd down package. Especially if they are planning on limiting Eiferts Snaps.

Hes not fast so no team would want 2 starting but that doesn't make him not useful.

Yep the Hype is high on the kid right now because we have little else to talk about at the moment.

But if he can stay consistant and show his hands are as good as they have been... A Package with AJ Eifert and Tate in the Redzone worst case scenario you can put a high jump ball to tate in the corner.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I care what they are doing now Fred. Thanks for the numbers though. ThumbsUp

Just hope he keeps it up cause if he does he will really help the team.

I don't get why are we talking about Lafell hes not here anymore the bengals let him go.

So whats it matter - Part of that reason is these young guys..

and Tate isn't replacing Lafell.. Ross and Boyd are.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So Auden Tate is also better than A J Green who had zero tds?

Good Lord. Shocked

You are really reaching today Freddy boy.

(08-17-2018, 04:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not all WRs go up and get the ball from the air... 

Not saying Tate should be our number 2 WR  Far from it but he would be an excellent addition for our Red zone or 3rd down package. Especially if they are planning on limiting Eiferts Snaps.

Hes not fast so no team would want 2 starting but that doesn't make him not useful.

Yep the Hype is high on the kid right now because we have little else to talk about at the moment.

But if he can stay consistant and show his hands are as good as they have been... A Package with AJ Eifert and Tate in the Redzone worst case scenario you can put a high jump ball to tate in the corner.

Rock On

(08-17-2018, 04:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't get why are we talking about Lafell hes not here anymore the bengals let him go.

So whats it matter - Part of that reason is these young guys..

and Tate isn't replacing Lafell..  Ross and Boyd are.

Just debating with Fred, you know how it goes.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good Lord. Shocked

You are really reaching today Freddy boy.

Rock On

Just debating with Fred, you know how it goes.

Right I realized I had quoted you but fred had brought it up... but I had already started to type so you know no going back lol
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 10:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol that was a pretty terrible video; showing the same clips? lol

But yeah, Tate is godly.

Yeah. Maybe he was just playing the Chip Bayless role – the guy who's always wrong. LOL No offense, Anthony. You're doing a good job with Scott and John.  ThumbsUp

But yeah, that video was pretty bad. At least he got his mic fixed. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So Auden Tate is also better than A J Green who had zero tds?

He's more valuable to us right now than Cody Core as a WR. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote