Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
I think I would've been impressed if the only pass Tate caught was the TD, but the fact that he caught two more balls in dominant fashion kind of left my jaw dropped for a minute. I dont care if the guys covering him are backups. They are still talented football players who will play in another league if they dont stick in the NFL. It's not like Tate did all that with me covering him lol. He looked dominant and natural making those catches. He has the natural ability to position his body to make a play on the ball and his jump timing is totally awesome. I would probably pencil him in a lot higher on the depth chart in the coming games. I bet they will.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:18 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I think that comparison comes in as being a possession receiver.  TJ was one of the best at that.  I compare him more to Bouldin.

Reminds me of Plaxico Burress.
Reply/Quote
He reminds me of that big, tall, white WR with long hair that everybody loved last year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh people will be pissed when Core makes it over him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 07:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He reminds me of that big, tall, white WR with long hair that everybody loved last year.

Are we talking about Jeff Kumerwowowowowww!? Wait, wasn't that 2 years ago?
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 04:13 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I am sure we'll just hide all that potential on the bench until his contract is up and he leaves.

I don't think so.  Marvin clearly has a gleam in his eye about this dude.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We struggled in the red zone last year. Tate is an excellent red zone option as he is tall enough to go up and get it, and big enough to take it away from defenders. He needs to play...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 07:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Reminds me of Plaxico Burress.

I can see him and Brandon Marshall as 2 he COULD become.

But long way to go. He does seem tp have strong hands and understands how to use his body already like some if the great TE's like Gronk. No, I am not comparing him to Gronk overall or think he should be a TE.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We struggled in the red zone last year. Tate is an excellent red zone option as he is tall enough to go up and get it, and big enough to take it away from defenders. He needs to play...

He would add another dimension in the red zone

Green
Eifert
Tate

Or 2 of the 3 above with Boyd or Ross
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think Auden should be having snaps with the 1's if he keeps this up, let alone make the team.

Last i heard the team with the most TD's wins the game, Auden Tate is a TD machine.

Need to have him atleast be in on every Red Zone trip. How many Corners can handle this guy in the Red Zone?

I bet Will Jax might even have trouble with him.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Auden should be having snaps with the 1's if he keeps this up, let alone make the team.

Last i heard the team with the most TD's wins the game, Auden Tate is a TD machine.

Need to have him atleast be in on every Red Zone trip. How many Corners can handle this guy in the Red Zone?

I bet Will Jax might even have trouble with him.

well said. not just any cb..the teams other 3rd or 4th cb. 
sure he has long way to.go as someone said...that can be said for a rookie...a 2nd yr player
or a even a 3rd year stiff like Cedric Og.
how many other teams have a 6'5 WR that their 3rd or 4th cb has to defend day in day out?
look Chris Henry wasnt a finished product he didnt put up 90 catches 1400 yds at WV
but his measureables made him a matchup issue with lesser CB.
i can see Tate have a TD to catch ratio in time like Henrys.
lets 6'5 Tate vs 5'11 CB in the red zone. 
add his radius its like throwing to a 7 footer. 
he just gives you mismatches that Core or Erickson cant give you .
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 02:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: well said. not just any cb..the teams other 3rd or 4th cb. 
sure he has long way to.go as someone said...that can be said for a rookie...a 2nd yr player
or a even a 3rd year stiff like Cedric Og.
how many other teams have a 6'5 WR that their 3rd or 4th cb has to defend day in day out?
look Chris Henry wasnt a finished product he didnt put up 90 catches 1400 yds at WV
but his measureables made him a matchup issue with lesser CB.
i can see Tate have a TD to catch ratio in time like Henrys.
lets 6'5 Tate vs 5'11 CB in the red zone. 
add his radius its like throwing to a 7 footer. 
he just gives you mismatches that Core or Erickson cant give you .

True, he wouldn't even be getting the best Corner, that would be AJ most of the time. If Ross can live up to his
potential and Eifert can stay healthy this is a nightmare matchup for Secondarys in the Red Zone...

Frickin' nightmare i am tellin' yah.

Liked Core for his size, speed and physicality but none of that matters if you cannot catch the ball.

Auden Tate is a natural at this and has even better size.
Reply/Quote
plus arent 3rd or 4th cbs on kick off teams. ?
id start my 1st play off in a 4 WR set and have that cb who was on tbe field just 40 seconds ago
go.up.vs Tate
just saying
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 02:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: plus arent 3rd or 4th cbs on kick off teams. ?
id start my 1st play off in a 4 WR set and have that cb who was on tbe field just 40 seconds ago
go.up.vs Tate
just saying

I like the aggressiveness, plus the easiest down to throw on is 1st down...
Reply/Quote
Tate getting 1st team reps at practice today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 05:37 PM)pally Wrote: Tate getting 1st team reps at practice today

YES!

This year is different people. :andy:
Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/KYS0BbZzYbU

This kid is so damn impressive. What a steal that pick could end up being.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 02:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/KYS0BbZzYbU

This kid is so damn impressive. What a steal that pick could end up being.

Love Ace Boogie's stuff.

Anthony K. on Orange and Black Insider talked about how Tate hasn't proven anything against top CBs. He has a point, but I wanted to point out that Tate beat Dre K. & K. Russell on that video. I know those guys aren't "top" cbs, but most teams only have one, and that guy's going to be on AJ, not Tate. Dre IS a starter, and Russell does get alot of snaps as a backup. If he can get open against them, I don't think we need to worry too much.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:16 AM)Shady Wrote: Love Ace Boogie's stuff.

Anthony K. on Orange and Black Insider talked about how Tate hasn't proven anything against top CBs. He has a point, but I wanted to point out that Tate beat Dre K. & K. Russell on that video. I know those guys aren't "top" cbs, but most teams only have one, and that guy's going to be on AJ, not Tate. Dre IS a starter, and Russell does get alot of snaps as a backup. If he can get open against them, I don't think we need to worry too much.

And if by some miracle Eifert is on the field...

Imagine trying to cover AJ, Eifert, and Tate in the RZ!

Reply/Quote
......I think it's safe to say that if they don't give the kid a roster spot, they're out of their collective minds.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote