Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
(08-10-2018, 11:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are we talking about Jeff Kumerwowowowowww!?  Wait, wasn't that 2 years ago?

Nah, it was last year. We released him with an injury settlement.

BTW, he's absolutely tearing it up in Green Bay this Preseason. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 03:16 AM)Shady Wrote: Love Ace Boogie's stuff.

Anthony K. on Orange and Black Insider talked about how Tate hasn't proven anything against top CBs. He has a point, but I wanted to point out that Tate beat Dre K. & K. Russell on that video. I know those guys aren't "top" cbs, but most teams only have one, and that guy's going to be on AJ, not Tate. Dre IS a starter, and Russell does get alot of snaps as a backup. If he can get open against them, I don't think we need to worry too much.

lol that was a pretty terrible video; showing the same clips? lol

But yeah, Tate is godly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 10:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, it was last year. We released him with an injury settlement.

Oh man, he's outplaying Tate so far.  Speaking of last year's heroes, I was half watching a CFL game and Rashaun Simonize blocked a punt.  Bully for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are we talking about Jeff Kumerwowowowowww!?  Wait, wasn't that 2 years ago?

Isn't it Jake, not Jeff?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 11:26 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't it Jake, not Jeff?

He's so good only one name is not enough to describe him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 10:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, it was last year. We released him with an injury settlement.

Indeed

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/45404/in-jake-kumerow-the-packers-trust-no-faking-it-in-this-game
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 02:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: well said. not just any cb..the teams other 3rd or 4th cb. 
sure he has long way to.go as someone said...that can be said for a rookie...a 2nd yr player
or a even a 3rd year stiff like Cedric Og.
how many other teams have a 6'5 WR that their 3rd or 4th cb has to defend day in day out?
look Chris Henry wasnt a finished product he didnt put up 90 catches 1400 yds at WV
but his measureables made him a matchup issue with lesser CB.
i can see Tate have a TD to catch ratio in time like Henrys.
lets 6'5 Tate vs 5'11 CB in the red zone. 
add his radius its like throwing to a 7 footer. 
he just gives you mismatches that Core or Erickson cant give you .

Cody Core is 6’3”. He’s a bigger receiver. He just doesn’t play like one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
One of my many pipe dreams is for the Bengals to beat the Jaguars in the Super Bowl and have Green get 200 yards against Ramsey, and Tate score 4 touchdowns against him while grinding him into the turf (legally of course)

It's Friday, my day with the company hookah
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 11:57 AM)3wt Wrote: One of my many pipe dreams is for the Bengals to beat the Jaguars in the Super Bowl and have Green get 200 yards against Ramsey, and Tate score 4 touchdowns against him while grinding him into the turf (legally of course)

It's Friday, my day with the company hookah

Jags are in the AFC.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 11:26 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't it Jake, not Jeff?

The important thing is that I got his last name right!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 11:45 AM)3wt Wrote: Indeed

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/45404/in-jake-kumerow-the-packers-trust-no-faking-it-in-this-game

Good for him, I hoped he would catch on here, but I guess too many receivers in front of him....
Reply/Quote
I like the prospect of Tate, but I am taking a cautiously optimistic approach with him until he plays on Sundays. There's a lot more to being a quality NFL receiver than what I have seen on his highlights so far. Can he make the cuts/breaks needed to get a timed ball consistently? Will he have quickness to find the gaps in the defense? How well does he grasp the playbook, and the line audibles from AD? How well can he adjust during a route to be on the same page for ball placement from Andy?

Sure he has size and what appears to have solid hands, but we wont really know how good he is until real time gamedays. So far though, his arrow is pointing up, as I am not doubting the optimism from fans. I just know from many years of following the game that there have been many receivers that have come and go when hopes were up on them. I hope that Tate ends up being good, cause this team needs all the weapons it can get use.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
i dont even get what the big deal with core ever was? because hobson wrote a few fluff pieces on him? did you see what he did in college? tate is the real deal though.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 01:20 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: i dont even get what the big deal with core ever was? because hobson wrote a few fluff pieces on him? did you see what he did in college? tate is the real deal though.

I believe he had a few decent games for us when AJ was hurt and out of the line up  (maybe 2016 or last year  don't quiet remember)  

He has potential  but if he cant shine out of the game he wont get shots in a game generally.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 12:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I like the prospect of Tate, but I am taking a cautiously optimistic approach with him until he plays on Sundays. There's a lot more to being a quality NFL receiver than what I have seen on his highlights so far. Can he make the cuts/breaks needed to get a timed ball consistently? Will he have quickness to find the gaps in the defense? How well does he grasp the playbook, and the line audibles from AD? How well can he adjust during a route to be on the same page for ball placement from Andy?

Sure he has size and what appears to have solid hands, but we wont really know how good he is until real time gamedays. So far though, his arrow is pointing up, as I am not doubting the optimism from fans. I just know from many years of following the game that there have been many receivers that have come and go when hopes were up on them. I hope that Tate ends up being good, cause this team needs all the weapons it can get use.

the thing with tate is... At 6'5"  And jumps for balls...  He is open where ever he is...    

Hes not the guy that's gonna stretch the field for us  but could become a solid possession receiver or just be a 3rd down & RZ target with eifert
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 01:20 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: i dont even get what the big deal with core ever was? because hobson wrote a few fluff pieces on him? did you see what he did in college? tate is the real deal though.

A big play in a preseason game against Jacksonville's second string defenders.  A lot like what Tate is getting love for right now.

I think Core got a lot of love because he showed up the next season after we lost Marvin Jones and Sanu.  
Reply/Quote
Core made a nice 56 yd catch vs the Eagles i think but since then his game hasnt evolved.
ifs he cut another team will take a flyer on him due to his size alike
like the Colts or Bills who are hurting at WR
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2018, 11:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jags are in the AFC.

Like I said in the AFC championship...  Ninja
Reply/Quote
How pissed would you be if Tate went practice squad and another team picked him up, say the Pats and he became Brady's number one go to guy? 
Reply/Quote
Tate is legit. It doesn’t matter who’s lined up in front of him be it practice or preseason. My bold prediction Tate starts at #2 wr by end of day the year and Boyd at slot receiver. Loved how he high points the ball.
Reply/Quote