Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
I really like the Brandon Marshall comparisons. He has a long way to go to become someone on B-Marsh's level, especially in his prime, but if Tate can stay healthy and learn to use his body to create a little more separation, he is going to be a force working next to Green and Ross. You can't double cover all of those guys and the 3 of them present a little bit of a different matchup nightmare. Especially in the red zone. God help teams if Eifert decides to get the little sand out of his his va j j and decides to actually play this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I haven’t seen anyone “hating” on Tate here. Quite the opposite.

No one really hated on him, but I've seen guys say we should stash him on the PS and keep Cody Core on the active roster.  We shouldn't.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 08:36 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Couldn't agree more.

Tate has that ability to adjust to the ball in the air. He gets to where the ball is ! Catch radius, great hands, etc. He's a weapon D's have a very hard time countering !

I mean, match him up in the red zone with AJ, Eifert, and Ross.  If the opposing defense puts anyone under 6' on him, he becomes a primary target.  The Colts didn't care who got the targets.  It was "our fourth best option is better than your fourth best cover guy" and it was lethal.  Kept teams guessing.  
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:19 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No one really hated on him, but I've seen guys say we should stash him on the PS and keep Cody Core on the active roster.  We shouldn't.

Yeah, hell no to that. And I was one of the people on board the Core hype train last year. It’s looking like it will be an easy choice at this point though.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 01:38 AM)grampahol Wrote: I like Tate, but I want to see more of him in games when it really counts against top defenders before declaring him the next greatest 7th rounder of all time. Keep in mind that the plays he made weren't exactly going against the greatest defensive secondary in the league. They were Chicagos last line of defense in a preseason game.  Let's temper the excitement a tad till he gets moved up to play earlier against better defenders. In no way am I suggesting it, but plenty of receivers who look great late in preseason games come out utterly flat once they have to play against the #1s of a good defense.  

Sorry, there is no excitement to be tempered.   His catches were not busted coverage, wide open from a rookie CB, laid in his lap throws,  they were all high degree of difficulty, contested catches.  That takes concentration, focus, and high degree of hand eye coordination and he did it against live competition.  Doesn't matter who is in coverage, he proved last night that if he just gets his hands on the ball, he's gonna catch it.  If it had been a single catch I would be in agreement with you, but he did it not once or twice, but 3 times.   What that means is he is open all the time even when he is covered.   There is plenty to be excited about, he had a chance to prove his practice advertisements about his catch radius and he passed his test.  As Nicomo said, "A good catch is a good catch".
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 08:04 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This thread gave me Brandon Tate flashbacks

well if he makes the team you can still use your Brandon tate jersey.
Reply/Quote
There's a hell of a lot better chance of Cody Core (if he still eligible) being successfully stashed on a practice squad then Auden Tate. Just throw it up and he goes and gets it. What a nice weapon to have on 3rd down and red zone packages.
Reply/Quote
I love the Brandon Marshall comparison much better than the TJ Hushminzada 601 200 lb comparison. Love what Tate is doing this camp. Green , Eifert n Tate in the red zone will be hard to stop
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:06 AM)impactplaya Wrote: i find it funny there were posters that said Core was better than Tate and Tate could be stashed on the practice squad.
i think Tate just accelerated Cores exit with the Bengals

lets decimate the hate for Tate and show Core the door cause Auden can do more
his talent we cant ignore

That's fo shore....
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:06 AM)impactplaya Wrote: i find it funny there were posters that said Core was better than Tate and Tate could be stashed on the practice squad.
i think Tate just accelerated Cores exit with the Bengals

lets decimate the hate for Tate and show Core the door cause Auden can do more
his talent we cant ignore

I am happy Tate showed he belonged in the NFL. But, I am not rooting against Core. I don't think Core because of his great special teams play can be placed on a practice squad either so likely will be cut. If so, I thank him for his effort and wish him well. He should hold his head high, nothing wrong with getting beat out by someone. He happens every day is sports and every day life.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:43 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: There's a hell of a lot better chance of Cody Core (if he still eligible) being successfully stashed on a practice squad then Auden Tate.  Just throw it up and he goes and gets it.  What a nice weapon to have on 3rd down and red zone packages.

Fans forget Core is a very good special teams player and not just a 7th receiver (we kept 7 a year ago) who rarely sees the field on offense. I also don't think he is eligible for the practice squad, but it won't matter he will be scooped up after the cuts due to special teams play and being a WR in my humble opinion.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm all for keeping Core if we keep 7 receivers, but if it's 6, he's my cut....
Reply/Quote
If push come to shove I think Tate has higher upside than Core.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: No one really hated on him, but I've seen guys say we should stash him on the PS and keep Cody Core on the active roster.  We shouldn't.

Yeah.  Never really saw anybody bash Tate.  At least it was nothing like last year when people were mad about the Ross and Malone picks because they were convinced Core was a stud.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:10 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If push come to shove I think Tate has higher upside than Core.

I don't disagree, but Core is more valuable as a ST player than he is given credit. ST players have to have a tough mentality, he has that. Erickson can do punts (2 fumbled a year ago), but is not a gunner or punt or kick off teams so it becomes a decision on how to proceed assuming Tate is not a great ST prospect, who takes Core's ST spot.

I think Core is the odd man out right now, but not as easy a decision as we think when you look at the WR corps.
Green, Boyd, Ross, Malone and likely Tate not special teamers at all and Erickson more of just punt returner.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, hell no to that. And I was one of the people on board the Core hype train last year. It’s looking like it will be an easy choice at this point though.

I like Core.....I just think Tate is a guy that can move the chains, and get open in the red zone.  I know it was against backups last night, and I know what I watched every Saturday at FSU was against college kids......but you can't coach hands and size, and this kid has them in spades.  Anquan Bouldin wasn't very fast either.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:10 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If push come to shove I think Tate has higher upside than Core.

I agree, no doubt in my mind he is a better receiver right now. If Core was not very good on ST's, it would be a no brainer.

I thin Tate needs to stay, but also may have to play special teams.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:53 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I love the Brandon Marshall comparison much better than the TJ Hushminzada 601 200 lb comparison.   Love what Tate is doing this camp.  Green , Eifert n Tate in the red zone will be hard to stop

I think that comparison comes in as being a possession receiver.  TJ was one of the best at that.  I compare him more to Bouldin.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think that comparison comes in as being a possession receiver.  TJ was one of the best at that.  I compare him more to Bouldin.

Who doesn't like T.J. and Turtles? Clapping Clapping Clapping
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
I am sure we'll just hide all that potential on the bench until his contract is up and he leaves.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote