Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un-freakin'-believable game!
(01-10-2016, 12:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I chose the Seattle and Steelers Super Bowl years ago. That game opened my eyes to the real NFL.

That's because you were still butthurt over the playoff loss that year and just wanted to see the Steelers lose.

That Colts/Steelers game that divisional round was actually blatantly going against the Steelers. The whole after show crew step the entire post game discussing how the Steelers deserved to win after how bad that game was. No matter how many interceptions Polamalu got, the refs kept saying they didn't count.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:26 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I read that a former player from the Steelers (I think his name was Joey Porter) is now a coach for them and he was out IN THE FIELD with a Bengals player trash talking the Bengal player?!! I think the Bengals player in question is Adam Jones. How is this not a flag against Joey Porter? I didn't think coaches can do that against opposing players? What's the rule about coaches trash talking the opponents player ON THE FIELD, not the sideline?  Mellow

Will you please stop saying "i think his name was". No one does that. I'm not trying to be an ass, just asking you to stop. It makes you look silly.

Coaches are "typically" not allowed on the field during a timeout, unless a player is thought to be seriously injured. Joey Porter didn't care about any of that. He was just there to run his mouth at Bengals players to try and provoke them. It's a tactic the Steelers employ all the time, with players and coaches. 

They're a dirty team that likes to stand on the edge of a cliff and bump the guy standing next to them then throw their hands up like it wasn't them. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:28 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Porter will def get fined.

It doesn't matter. He did exactly what he set out to do. 

That team will continue to walk the line of crooked play. At this point, i have no doubt it's a regular part of their preparation. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That's because he makes those hits all the time, hits Bengals fans call dirty, and is defending his play style.

He didn't say it was legal. He said, by rule, it's a penalty but he doesn't think it should be. Deion Sanders said the same thing. 

The only thing that matters is, if there's an established rule in place, and everyone in the world is watching and waiting for you to screw up, you need to be smart enough to not cause that flag.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:06 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If I am going to accuse the league of being involved in a conspiracy to blatantly cheat my team out of a win, I'd imagine I'd pick a game when the opponent didn't get more penalties and nearly twice as many penalty yards as my team. That's just me.

According to one Jungle Noise poster I saw, the Bengals were flagged more last night. LOL

Honestly, both teams played pretty rough last night. But it is definitely hard to make a case for the refs going against you when you have fewer penalties for fewer yards called on you. The Bengals were unable to capitalize on the yards they were handed because of the turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yeah a tackle on your 300LB QB was dirty? If you think that, you are a bigger joke than I already knew you were.

You'd be better off not replying seriously to someone that has established they're not aware of what is and isn't illegal and chooses to ignore when his team is full of scumbags. It's, of course, because that person is scum as well.

All, weakly done under the guise of "it's the smack forum". duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurp.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He didn't say it was legal. He said, by rule, it's a penalty but he doesn't think it should be. Deion Sanders said the same thing. 

The only thing that matters is, if there's an established rule in place, and everyone in the world is watching and waiting for you to screw up, you need to be smart enough to not cause that flag.

So, that really doesn't negate what I said. I agree it shouldn't be a penalty, but it is one with the current rules. My post was more pointing out that when he defends his play style like that, most Bengals fans around these parts rip into him and call him dirty. Except this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, that really doesn't negate what I said. I agree it shouldn't be a penalty, but it is one with the current rules. My post was more pointing out that when he defends his play style like that, most Bengals fans around these parts rip into him and call him dirty. Except this time.

I wasn't negating what you said. I was pointing out what Harrison said in his interview.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wasn't negating what you said. I was pointing out what Harrison said in his interview.

Okay, understood now. I am beginning to think I should have just slept in this morning after last night's game. I'm still too tired.

I also have a bad habit of confusing you with luvnit. No idea why, just always have.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:14 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Gio was an established runner.

Eiffert? What? Are you talking about the hit in the first quarter? Not even close to being a penalty - get off the JN koolaid.

Brown was a defenseless receiver, Burfict took 3 steps as the ball bounced off the turf 15 yards away and blasted Brown right in the helmet.

It's one thing to be a homer, but you aren't even being internally consistent. Somehow the Eifert hit should have been a penalty, but not the shot to brown's helmet? I think someone's chucked bottle bounced off you head and gave you a concussion last night.

You are unbelievable   You would be the first one moaning about the hit on gio if he was a steelers player.  Dont even try to defend it.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:44 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: You are unbelievable   You would be the first one moaning about the hit on gio if he was a steelers player.  Dont even try to defend it.  

Ask a rock to bleed. You will get better results.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ask a rock to bleed. You will get better results.

6th has been the biggest whiner about calls against his team since he became a member of the previous board.  Its hilarious to see him call out others for doing the same.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:50 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: 6th has been the biggest whiner about calls against his team since he became a member of the previous board.  Its hilarious to see him call out others for doing the same.  

It's because he has below average intelligence. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Check the rules ass wipe. The guy launched upward (left his feet against Eifert, a clear penalty. The Gio hit was criminal helmet to helmet with the crown of his helmet outside the tackle box. He better be suspended. The media and steelers fans are one voice. I am listening to some idiot rant about how bad the Bengals were last night who is obviously a closet Steelers fan. He is a joke. Burfict was running full speed and hit him legally with a shoulder. But, these refs made sure the Steelers got every called while screwing the Bengals

Such language!   Cool

Anyway...I posted the "launching" rule and you should probable check the rules too.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Burfict-is-So-Smart?pid=155252#pid155252
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 12:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It doesn't matter. He did exactly what he set out to do. 

That team will continue to walk the line of crooked play. At this point, i have no doubt it's a regular part of their preparation. 

Make Jones act the fool?

Heck he didn't even have to throw a drink at him...
Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Make Jones act the fool?

Heck he didn't even have to throw a drink at him...
Mellow

His intent was to go on the field and provoke someone to react. 

Classy individual there. Though not surprising. He likes to sucker punch fat linemen along with his "entourage" and assault law enforcement officers as well as countless other acts of jackassery. 

First class piece of trash. And he's on your team, again. 

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His intent was to go on the field and provoke someone to react. 

Classy individual there. Though not surprising. He likes to sucker punch fat linemen along with his "entourage" and assault law enforcement officers as well as countless other acts of jackassery. 

Interesting take.

Have you sobered up yet?  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His intent was to go on the field and provoke someone to react. 

LOL...January 1991... Hilarious
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:28 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Porter had a good game. Smirk

MF'in MVP,  If you ask me.
(yeah, I know you didn't ask)
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:14 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Gio was an established runner.

Then answer this question:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Explain-this-to-me
Reply/Quote