Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underrated play of the game...
(01-30-2022, 09:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Honestly that was the point where I felt like we were going to win.  Still like 12 minutes left in the game, but turnovers usually decide games like this.  So it was HUGE when our defense wiped that one out.

I knew we were winning when Evan's kick was good lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
They had two big scoring plays from back up players.
Like I have been saying all year “get the ball to Perine and Trent Taylor!” : )
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That was the play of the game.  Don't think it could be called "underrated".

Underrated because it will barely be mentioned as a play made by the Bengals instead of a KC should have kicked it.

It was a huge turning point. Big play if not the biggest of the game that wont be talked about.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Eli Apple tackle vs Tyreek Hill to force zero points going into the half.

Mahomes ****** that one up. Reid said the play call was to throw into the EZ. Thanks, Pat!

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mahomes ****** that one up. Reid said the play call was to throw into the EZ. Thanks, Pat!

Yes, Patrick has our D in his head. Ninja Cool
Reply/Quote
Another underrated play?

3rd and 7 I think it was, on the drive which put us 24-21 up.

Joe 'Eli Manning' Burrow, escaped a certain sack in a similar way to that which Eli did in Super Bowl 42. Then escaped the trip up. Scrambled for the first.

Was a big play which kickstarted a long FG drive. Maybe wouldn't have been crucial had he not made it, but sure felt like it might be a good day when he escaped that sack.
Reply/Quote
Taylor is better than Tate, Thomas, Irwin, and Morgan Jr.

It is not even close.
Reply/Quote
Why is Taylor on the PS every week and then elevated?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What is going on at half time? I only heard one snippet that Zac says some "stuff". Our 2nd halves look insane all year. Somebody deserves some major raises.

Superbowl, we just have to be up at halftime and it's a lock. I can't wait to buy the Bengals 2021 in review VHS when it comes out.

Seeing the Rams kicker miss a 54 yarder wide right and not even long enough, Evan Mcpherson is going to win us a superbowl. He's already won us several games - I'd say it's almost not even fair.

In a dome no less. Money Mac gonna feast.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How about that 2pt conversion? How many times have we been left scratching our heads on 2pt play calls?

Beautiful design and beautiful execution to a guy you'd never expect. 

Kudos.

Yes that was a beautiful play and I loved getting Taylor the chance with him really saving us in punt return duties. It was a good play but I would agree that its underrated because if you fail there and stay down 2 it changes the whole dynamic of the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What is going on at half time? I only heard one snippet that Zac says some "stuff". Our 2nd halves look insane all year. Somebody deserves some major raises.

Superbowl, we just have to be up at halftime and it's a lock. I can't wait to buy the Bengals 2021 in review VHS when it comes out.

Seeing the Rams kicker miss a 54 yarder wide right and not even long enough, Evan Mcpherson is going to win us a superbowl. He's already won us several games - I'd say it's almost not even fair.

I thought they said it was a 44 yard attempt the rams kicker missed horribly. Yeah rams special teams is nothing compared to the 9ers and bengals. Feels like the 9ers are winning this game..
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:34 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: In a dome no less. Money Mac gonna feast.

Hopefully he only needs to kick XP
Reply/Quote
Definitely a big play and great call to get the 2. But the defense made big play after big play to allow an inconsistent offense a chance to get us back into the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:52 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Hubbard, gassed, assigned to cover Mahomes. Yeah, I would die, too.

I enjoyed how he was spying him and then his body language just seemed to be one of, "ah **** it, I'm blitzing him." LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I enjoyed how he was spying him and then his body language just seemed to be one of, "ah **** it, I'm blitzing him." LOL

That is the way you play when your other guys aren't getting home to Mahomes.

Just a great play by Hubbard. One of the greatest individual plays I have watched in my lifetime. 

The backend was great and our front was bad. Hubbard made up for the front. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:02 PM)Synric Wrote: ...It was a huge turning point. Big play if not the biggest of the game that wont be talked about.

[Image: 24-249570_nfl-turning-point-hd-png-download.png]
Reply/Quote
For all of Apple's imperfections, he still makes plays to be as relevant as heck.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 11:28 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: For all of Apple's imperfections, he still makes plays to be as relevant as heck.

Yup. He may goof but he's more + than -. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Another underrated play: All of Clark Harris's snaps and Huber's clean holds.
Reply/Quote
Like clay Johnston last week stopping Henry on there 2pt attempt big plays coming from nowhere.
Reply/Quote