Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update On Burrow's Extension
(05-10-2023, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Weirdo behavior with that sig my man.

Why, typically people are proud of their quotes becoming historical references... Nothing to be ashamed of. You should be proud you said such profound words. It's a show of respect. I couldn't have said it better myself, and posters who have been silenced due their opinions should see it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We all know the plan...

Burrow will sign a 7 year extension at league minimum...AND...the Bengals will hire him as their VP of Public Relationships or or something like it at an annual salary of 55 million dollars on a 7 year no cut contract...
Reply/Quote
Joe is talking to the media today. He made it pretty clear teams do not win by QB alone

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 04:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Except that Joe wants Chase and Tee. Might be a good idea to keep him happy.

(04-10-2023, 04:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I have no doubt in my mind that mahomes wouldve liked to have Tyreek Hill last year

any qb doesnt want their team letting go of an elite wr

unless you think Mahomes was a-ok with losing Hill... because if you think that... well.. lol

Like I said over a month ago. Joe wants JaMar and Tee. Couldn’t care less about Mahomes and Hill. But Burrow is smart. He’s gonna make sure he’s not the only one left.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 01:35 PM)pally Wrote: Joe is talking to the media today.  He made it pretty clear teams do not win by QB alone

Like the comment that Joe "wants what's best for him and for the team."  (Not sure why the tweet has a comma before "and for the team," as grammatically it doesn't go there, but perhaps the author wants to downplay the second clause as if its an afterthought.)
Reply/Quote
I am getting more and more optimistic the Burrow deal will not handcuff the team moving forward.

I *think* Tee will buy in to some extent, and odds are his deal gets done this summer.

Wilson? I am less optimistic here. Why? Cannot put my finger on it..Not sure it gets done this summer at all, if it does get done.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 03:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Like the comment that Joe "wants what's best for him and for the team."  (Not sure why the tweet has a comma before "and for the team," as grammatically it doesn't go there, but perhaps the author wants to downplay the second clause as if its an afterthought.)

dramatic pause?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 03:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: dramatic pause?

Intermissiona pause or interval between the parts of an entertainment such as a play, movie, concert

-OR-

Restroom break  Shy
Reply/Quote
Reading this report in ESPN, it is quite inspiring to see a player talk about concern in HIS contract negotiations for the other players.

"As he goes through talks with the Bengals, Burrow said he's keeping teammates who could also receive contract extensions in consideration."

"Whenever you have guys on the team that need to be paid, that's always on your mind," Burrow said on Tuesday. "You want that to be a focal point. We're working to make that happen."

Higgins comment also made this point (as well as effectively shooting down the post that led to an entire thread over a month ago that he'd completed contract negotiations and his signing was imminent).

"The receiver shot down rumors that floated online that a contract was in place. He added that Burrow's comments indicate what has been discussed between them privately - the quarterback wants to keep the core intact for as many years as possible."

"We talk about staying together for the long run," Higgins said. "Hopefully we can do that and get something negotiated to where they can keep all three of us."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37663790/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-teammates-mind-amid-contract-talks
Reply/Quote
Here's a quote from Ja'Marr relative to things Joe considers important in his contract negotiations:

"He knows what he has to do to win and he wants to win," said Chase, who will not be eligible for a new deal until next offseason. "He's a winning guy. He's not a quarterback that's always interested in money and all that other stuff. He just wants to win, and that's the big thing about Joe."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37663790/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-teammates-mind-amid-contract-talks
Reply/Quote
PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:
Some aren't going to like the sound of this, but paying huge money to two top recevers, along with a premier franchise QB is just wasteful. It robs the team of the ability to put a strong "rest of the team" around them. When you have a true franchise QB like Joe Burrow, he will develop average players into stars. Just put the spending where it belongs, on an OL and solid defense.

(03-15-2023, 07:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
I couldn't agree more. In a perfect world I would love to keep Tee. But Burrows protection needs to continue to improve. I think we can find the other guys that we need to compliment Chase thru the draft. Also this free agency has shown that the idea that players chase rings is overstated. But you can find skill players on prove it deals that would like to have Burrow show case there skills. I love Boyd but seeing what his production has become I would've been fine moving on if it meant we could've kept Bell. I'm afraid we don't realize how special of a unit we had on defense and I'm afraid our two veteran safeties were a big part of it. We can replace that but I think it's gonna take a year or two and by then other parts of our defense will be aging out. I think we're trying to think to much about the future when our window is right now.

Soonerpeace: Except that Joe has said he wants Tee. So he owns all this. He’s involved in the discussion. Nobody knows the right formula. KC is not Cincy. I don’t know whether we can have a legitimate discussion until it all shakes out.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 01:35 PM)pally Wrote: Joe is talking to the media today.  He made it pretty clear teams do not win by QB alone

Good stuff Pally. Love how Burrow is such a selfless QB and wants to keep his guys around to keep this team tops.

(05-16-2023, 02:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Like I said over a month ago. Joe wants JaMar and Tee. Couldn’t care less about Mahomes and Hill. But Burrow is smart. He’s gonna make sure he’s not the only one left.

Yeah, if Joe wants both Ja'Marr and Tee, he will get what he wants.

Not up to me even though I am impartial on the whole thing. Want to make sure we keep the trenches as good as possible and 
extending DJ Reader would be a big part in this. Hope we can afford Tee, DJ and Logan after Burrow gets his contract.

(05-16-2023, 04:42 PM)Nepa Wrote: Reading this report in ESPN, it is quite inspiring to see a player talk about concern in HIS contract negotiations for the other players.

"As he goes through talks with the Bengals, Burrow said he's keeping teammates who could also receive contract extensions in consideration."

"Whenever you have guys on the team that need to be paid, that's always on your mind," Burrow said on Tuesday. "You want that to be a focal point. We're working to make that happen."

Higgins comment also made this point (as well as effectively shooting down the post that led to an entire thread over a month ago that he'd completed contract negotiations and his signing was imminent).

"The receiver shot down rumors that floated online that a contract was in place. He added that Burrow's comments indicate what has been discussed between them privately - the quarterback wants to keep the core intact for as many years as possible."

"We talk about staying together for the long run," Higgins said. "Hopefully we can do that and get something negotiated to where they can keep all three of us."

(05-16-2023, 04:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: Here's a quote from Ja'Marr relative to things Joe considers important in his contract negotiations:

"He knows what he has to do to win and he wants to win," said Chase, who will not be eligible for a new deal until next offseason. "He's a winning guy. He's not a quarterback that's always interested in money and all that other stuff. He just wants to win, and that's the big thing about Joe."

Nice. All this gives me hope we ALL will be happy. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Whether it all works out or not it’s promising. It’s a we versus me and that ain’t all bad. But if the 3 sign extensions they’ll have ownership in the results. That ain’t bad either. You can hash out the possible negatives of having 2 WR with huge contracts or the holes in the roster that could develop because of it. But I think to keep this thing going it’s the right decision. But despite the thoughts of some that KC has the Midas touch letting Hill go but they were a lucky punt return and personal foul from going to OT. They lost to us in OT the last time. They’ve got issues at LT this coming season.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:42 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Whether it all works out or not it’s promising. It’s a we versus me and that ain’t all bad. But if the 3 sign extensions they’ll have ownership in the results. That ain’t bad either. You can hash out the possible negatives of having 2 WR with huge contracts or the holes in the roster that could develop because of it. But I think to keep this thing going it’s the right decision. But despite the thoughts of some that KC has the Midas touch letting Hill go but they were a lucky punt return and personal foul from going to OT. They lost to us in OT the last time. They’ve got issues at LT this coming season.

Yes, as we have seen, just because history says something, doesn't mean it cannot change especially with this team.

They keep breaking all the old historical truths over and over again.
Reply/Quote
Burrow: "It doesn't matter how good your quarterback is. If you don't have good players around him, you're not going to be a very good team."

With Burrow, it's about winning, not how filthy rich you can become or how arrogant you can be.
Reply/Quote
Right now in sunny San Diego Justin Herbert is scrambling to get his contract done before Burrow resets the market in the opposite direction from Jackson Fields and Watson.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 08:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right now in sunny San Diego Justin Herbert is scrambling to get his contract done before Burrow resets the market in the opposite direction from Jackson Fields and Watson.

Herbert reminds me (at least to some extent) of Carson Palmer.
He's a good QB and he'll throw for a lot, but he doesn't have that "field general" personality/mentality that I see with guys like Joe Burrow, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 11:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Herbert reminds me (at least to some extent) of Carson Palmer.
He's a good QB and he'll throw for a lot, but he doesn't have that "field general" personality/mentality that I see with guys like Joe Burrow, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.

I think that it’s naive ( not you but the outside world) to think that Joe,Tee, and JaMar are a finished project. Especially in the experience area. Especially in the chemistry area. I also think I notice more of a resolve by the whole team to put it all together. I don’t think we’ve even remotely seen this offense reach it’s potential. Joe needed some maturation centering mostly around taking what’s there. Definitely the crap OL. The offense has been strapped because of the need to get the ball out to protect Joe. It’s been strapped because of the offensive line’s limitations. I think with an above average or top 1/3 tier OL ( I think is attainable) the offense can take off. Maybe there’s a better comparison but Joe,Tee,Mixon,and JaMar remind me of Kurt Warner, Issac Bruce, Faulk, and Terry Holt.

The secondary will have 3 new starters. It’s an unknown. We need a better offense.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 02:04 AM)Old Dipstick Wrote: Burrow: "It doesn't matter how good your quarterback is. If you don't have good players around him, you're not going to be a very good team."

With Burrow, it's about winning, not how filthy rich you can become or how arrogant you can be.

The fact Burrow said that is amazing and I'm glad he is a Bengal. I know most people understand it's a job and don't blame a QB for getting what he can. However, you got to have a special kind of respect for a QB like Burrow and his realization that he is part of a team. Hope he follows through with it.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 11:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Herbert reminds me (at least to some extent) of Carson Palmer.

Same way I feel about Herbert. We got the right guy.

(05-17-2023, 12:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think that it’s naive ( not you but the outside world) to think that Joe,Tee, and JaMar are a finished project. Especially in the experience area. Especially in the chemistry area. I also think I notice more of a resolve by the whole team to put it all together. I don’t think we’ve even remotely seen this offense reach it’s potential. Joe needed some maturation centering mostly around taking what’s  there. Definitely the crap OL. The offense has been strapped because of the need to get the ball out to protect Joe. It’s been strapped because of the offensive line’s limitations. I think with an above average or top 1/3 tier OL ( I think is attainable) the offense can take off. Maybe there’s a better comparison but Joe,Tee,Mixon,and JaMar remind me of Kurt Warner, Issac Bruce, Faulk, and Terry Holt.

The secondary will have 3 new starters. It’s an unknown. We need a better offense.

Agree on the Offense not reaching its potential yet. I don't even think they have scratched the surface of what they can do with a 
decent OL in front of Burrow and imagine a running game to go along with all these weapons? The greatest show on turf is a fair 
comparison on what they can become.

Also, pretty sure we only have 2 new starters in the Secondary in Dax Hill and Nick Scott. Dax I have high hopes for and Lou brought
in Scott for a reason, he is smart, likes to hit and is fast. Chido, CTB and Hilton are most likely the rest of the starters in the Secondary.

CTB got his feet wet and played well once the pro game slowed down for him and played in his natural position as the Left Corner. He 
isn't a new starter, he started games as a rookie.

(05-17-2023, 01:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The fact Burrow said that is amazing and I'm glad he is a Bengal. I know most people understand it's a job and don't blame a QB for getting what he can. However, you got to have a special kind of respect for a QB like Burrow and his realization that he is part of a team. Hope he follows through with it.

Same way I feel Harley. Proud of my QB, he just wants to win and believes he needs his weapons to win. That is why Tee will be here
along with Ja'Marr, plus their contracts won't be at the same time. They offset each other which makes it all possible. I just hope we can
extend DJ Reader in all of this extension talk. I think we will, as we didn't draft a run stopping DT.
Reply/Quote