Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update On Burrow's Extension
(04-20-2023, 11:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Good point.
I forgot how much the Raiders fell off last year.
I was thinking of 2021 when they had 3 teams with winning records.

AFC West is trash. I hate it because the Chiefs walk to the 1 seed every year just running over those pathetic teams. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2023, 12:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: AFC West is trash. I hate it because the Chiefs walk to the 1 seed every year just running over those pathetic teams. 

Not true.
Raiders underperformed last year, but they went 7-9 or better between 2019 to 2021.
Chargers 7-9 or better between 2020-2022.

The real trash is AFC South. Only one team with a winning record last year, and two of the teams were among the worst in the league.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/25/inside-the-jalen-hurts-deal/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/25/inside-the-jalen-hurts-deal/

I think I'd take that for Joe if I understand it correctly.  Having the guaranteed money added each year seems like it would help the Bengals a lot.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It's a creative way to get around the Funding Rule.
Reply/Quote
Lamar just got 5 years, $260 million ($52 million/year), $185 million guaranteed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: Lamar just got 5 years, $260 million ($52 million/year), $185 million guaranteed

None of which he will have to share with an agent.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: Lamar just got 5 years, $260 million ($52 million/year), $185 million guaranteed

I saw that and started thinking Burrow’s price is going to start at about $55 million per season at this rate.
Ravens paying for all that post season success Lamar has brought them!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:55 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I saw that and started thinking Burrow’s price is going to start at about $55 million per season at this rate.
Ravens paying for all that post season success Lamar has brought them!

Reminds me of Flacco deal..
Reply/Quote

This makes me very happy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lamar is ass anyway.. good
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:53 PM)Nepa Wrote: None of which he will have to share with an agent.

Just like all the endorsement money he's got on his own without the help of an agent.... Ninja

If he had an agent he'd make more in 1 year on endorsements than any agent fee he would pay.
Reply/Quote
I think people expecting Burrow to take a super team-friendly deal are in for a rude awakening at this point. They need to get this done.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 11:32 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I think people expecting Burrow to take a super team-friendly deal are in for a rude awakening at this point.  They need to get this done.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to take a super team-friendly deal but I just think he's trying to make it so he gets his but so we can also improve the team around him.

I'm thinking it's probably just ask about the structure at this point.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 11:32 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I think people expecting Burrow to take a super team-friendly deal are in for a rude awakening at this point.  They need to get this done.

If it's not somewhat team friendly, then the fans will be in for a rude awakening in terms of the overall quality of the team. Hard to compete with teams like KC, where Mahomes has a team friendly, ten-year deal. And teams like Pittsburgh, who may never pay a lot for their QB and can build a deep team. I'm certainly hoping that Burrow doesn't break the bank and break the team.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is still bothered by losing the State Championship. What do you think losing the Super Bowl and AFCCG are doing to him. He's going to structure his deal to keep talent around him on his chase for a SB win.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 01:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow is still bothered by losing the State Championship. What do you think losing the Super Bowl and AFCCG are doing to him. He's going to structure his deal to keep talent around him on his chase for a SB win.

[Image: FuV0nmvXsAEldkI?format=jpg&name=large]
He has a National Championship. He don't need no stinking High School Championship. Ninja

[Image: blazing-saddles.gif]

OMG! They are pointing to their fingers to be engaged/married. What a cute couple. Wub

P.S. AFC championship as well. Look how happy he is.  Tongue

[Image: usatsi_17591240_168390307_lowres-1.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 08:19 PM)TheFan Wrote: Just like all the endorsement money he's got on his own without the help of an agent.... Ninja

If he had an agent he'd make more in 1 year on endorsements than any agent fee he would pay.

He also would probably have signed a deal 2 years ago. Despite not winning an MVP, Josh Allen has made $52m more so far in the same amount of time as Lamar because he got his deal after his 3rd season instead of after his 5th. It's going to be hard to make up that difference despite making more money per year. The NFL caps agent fees at 3%, so assuming Lamar sees the entirety of his $260m deal that "only" saves him $7.8m, which obviously isn't enough to make up for the $52m even before you start touching endorsements.

A bad agent obviously can be a disaster, but if you have a good agent they are worth waaay more to a player than the 3% they get.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 04:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He also would probably have signed a deal 2 years ago. Despite not winning an MVP, Josh Allen has made $52m more so far in the same amount of time as Lamar because he got his deal after his 3rd season instead of after his 5th. It's going to be hard to make up that difference despite making more money per year. The NFL caps agent fees at 3%, so assuming Lamar sees the entirety of his $260m deal that "only" saves him $7.8m, which obviously isn't enough to make up for the $52m even before you start touching endorsements.

A bad agent obviously can be a disaster, but if you have a good agent they are worth waaay more to a player than the 3% they get.

Agreed. I think the agent talk is just ignorance of people not actually understanding how they work in the modern NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And it's stupid for both parties but especially for us.

A longer extension would be beneficial for both so we're not going through this again in three years but especially us because Burrow might get the first billion dollar contract with the salary cap continually going up. 

Burrow doesn't seem greedy but this deal doesn't make sense to me.

100% agreed..if possible sign him for 10 years so we/they don't have to deal or even think about this for several years. That would also tell them how much they will have left over to pay the rest of the team for the next several years.
Reply/Quote