Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update On Burrow's Extension
(04-04-2023, 11:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, guess not.  Anyways, is Burrow seeing anyone seriously?  We need to find him one of those women who don't like money.

Not giving you shit man, but how do people STILL not know that Burrow's g/f (fiancée now? Don't think yet) is Olivia Holzmacher?

https://www.instagram.com/oliviaholzmacher/
https://www.linkedin.com/in/oliviaholzmacher

Whenever his parents are shown at a game or tailgate or whatever, she's with them too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 12:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not giving you shit man, but how do people STILL not know that Burrow's g/f (fiancée now? Don't think yet) is Olivia Holzmacher?

Whenever his parents are shown at a game or tailgate or whatever, she's with them too.

I don't think there is an issue of knowing it, but I also don't really look into the personal lives of players unless what they are doing off the field is illegal.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 12:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not giving you shit man, but how do people STILL not know that Burrow's g/f (fiancée now? Don't think yet) is Olivia Holzmacher?

I didn’t know that either. And I like it that way.

Guessing Burrow and his lady do as well.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Personally, because of IDC. Just like IDC who Andy Dalton's Wife is or Carson Palmer's. Does anyone know who Trey Hendrickson's wife is....Hell I don't even know if he's married.

I do know Brady's ex and Wilson's current, but that's because of who they are, not because of who they're married to. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2023, 04:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Cincy Jungle posted an update on Burrow's extension negotiations, but there's not a whole lot to it that we don't already know.

It's funny because lately I've been thinking how stupid it is for these quarterback(s) to get such massive deals that cripple their team and don't give their teams much room to improve the team, especially because they're making more money than they'll ever be able to spend. Burrow actually seems like he's willing to try and help the team, even if it means taking less money or at least structuring it to help the team, but I honestly wouldn't have been that upset if he did go for the big money that would cripple the team.

It sounds like Burrow realizes that he'll extend his career and still make more money than he'll ever need and is looking to get his contract done before the others can sign and set the market where he needs to one-up them, even if he is the best of the bunch.

I'd almost offer him a small percentage ownership so he can still get paid a few million a year after he retires, but I know the Browns probably wouldn't do that and I don't know if that value would count against the salary cap, although I don't know how they'd compute that.

I like that we're trying to get it done early so he knows that we're not messing around because, I know we're usually loyal to our players, but, IMCO, this lets him know that he's pretty much in control.

More smart decisions by the front office.

Not much more in the article besides for this:

I mentioned that before and is also mentions how we're turning down calls about Tee, which that could be trying to drive the price up or keeping the squad together and keeping Burrow happy.

I LOVE THIS KID!

Sounds like good news to me, if we can get Burrow's deal done early, we should be in better shape than those other teams in the 
Ratbirds and Chargers with their guys. Also a deal that allows us to extend Tee and others I am sure is in the works that keeps this
team competitive and tops in the AFCN at the very least.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 01:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally, because of IDC. Just like IDC who Andy Dalton's Wife is or Carson Palmer's. Does anyone know who Trey Hendrickson's wife is....Hell I don't even know if he's married.

I do know Brady's ex and Wilson's current, but that's because of who they are, not because of who they're married to. 

(04-04-2023, 12:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think there is an issue of knowing it, but I also don't really look into the personal lives of players unless what they are doing off the field is illegal.

I don't look into their lives either, I just remember names lol.

Seriously, do a search on here of her name and it's brought up (partly by me) quite a bit.

Then again, people have bad memories, so...
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 04:35 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I don't look into their lives either, I just remember names lol.

Seriously, do a search on here of her name and it's brought up (partly by me) quite a bit.

Then again, people have bad memories, so...

Holzmacher isn't the easiest name to remember or spell to be fair lol
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Holzmacher isn't the easiest name to remember or spell to be fair lol

That’s what she said to Joe after he gets the bag.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Holzmacher isn't the easiest name to remember or spell to be fair lol

But Olivia is Wink
Reply/Quote
From PFF. (This is their projection.)

• Joe Burrow on track to pace the 2020 class: The former No. 1 overall pick is projected to receive a four-year $214 million extension with $185 million total guaranteed at signing.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-projecting-early-extensions-2020-quarterbacks-joe-burrow-herbert
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From PFF. (This is their projection.)

• Joe Burrow on track to pace the 2020 class: The former No. 1 overall pick is projected to receive a four-year $214 million extension with $185 million total guaranteed at signing.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-projecting-early-extensions-2020-quarterbacks-joe-burrow-herbert

Honestly, I'd be pretty disappointed if his extension was only 4 years. I want to lock him up for 8 to 10 years like the Chiefs did with Mahomes.

At least give me 6 years like Josh Allen's contract.

A 4 year extension would have Burrow coming up for a new contract at the same time as Allen, despite Allen signing 2 years earlier.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather go as high on years and guaranteed $$$ as possible & try to lower the yearly cap hit as much as possible. Captisn Obvious I guess, but commiting long term to Burrow & guaranteeing him a ton of money dies not worry me one iota.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly, I'd be pretty disappointed if his extension was only 4 years. I want to lock him up for 8 to 10 years like the Chiefs did with Mahomes.

A 4 year extension would have Burrow coming up for a new contract at the same time as Allen, despite Allen signing 2 years earlier.

Maybe Burrow wants a shot at another pay increase in a few years? 
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:40 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Maybe Burrow wants a shot at another pay increase in a few years? 

This is why a potential % of cap deal could happen... 

Will be interesting to see how they do terms
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Honestly, I'd be pretty disappointed if his extension was only 4 years. I want to lock him up for 8 to 10 years like the Chiefs did with Mahomes.

Especially because, when he wins a Super Bowl or two, his next contract will be ridiculous.

If he wins two (or even one), his next contract might be a new record.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: From PFF. (This is their projection.)

$50 plus million per year is what I was expecting and Burrow should be worth it.

He doesn't have Rodgers age or ego issues. Doesn't appear to have Lamar Jackson's injury risk. Didn't cost a lot in Draft picks like Deshaun Watson cost the Browns.

Burrow handles himself almost perfectly as a Franchise QB and should be a Franchise carrying type talent. The Bengals are fortunate to have a chance to pay him and he may even give the Bengals a little breathing room on his contract to make the Team better. Either way I pay him.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 12:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

$50 plus million per year is what I was expecting and Burrow should be worth it.

He doesn't have Rodgers age or ego issues. Doesn't appear to have Lamar Jackson's injury risk. Didn't cost a lot in Draft picks like Deshaun Watson cost the Browns.

Burrow handles himself almost perfectly as a Franchise QB and should be a Franchise carrying type talent. The Bengals are fortunate to have a chance to pay him and he may even give the Bengals a little breathing room on his contract to make the Team better. Either way I pay him.

Gotta wonder if he wanted the short deal. I love the confidence in himself and I want him here but, like I said, I wonder if it ends up costing us at his next contract.
Reply/Quote

Same, a 4 year contract for Burrow is far too short for my liking.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, a 4 year contract for Burrow is far too short for my liking.

And it's stupid for both parties but especially for us.

A longer extension would be beneficial for both so we're not going through this again in three years but especially us because Burrow might get the first billion dollar contract with the salary cap continually going up. 

Burrow doesn't seem greedy but this deal doesn't make sense to me.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2023, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And it's stupid for both parties but especially for us.

A longer extension would be beneficial for both so we're not going through this again in three years but especially us because Burrow might get the first billion dollar contract with the salary cap continually going up. 

Burrow doesn't seem greedy but this deal doesn't make sense to me.

Also, his next contract will give us less room to keep/improve the team around him.
Reply/Quote