Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(04-03-2022, 04:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am counting eight, judging from this photo. That's probably enough for a professional team. These guys aren't lifting a bunch in the season, nor are they lifting heavy. During the off-season, they have variety in their lifts, with a lot of focus on core strength. Stabilization work etc. From what I understand the lifting environment for a professional team compared to a college team is quite different. The weight room is gorgeous IMO. I think they did a great job.

Just to be the devil and being my own advocate does anyone really care how "gorgeous" a weight room is? If it were pink and baby crap green it really wouldn't make a whole lot of difference. A hundred pounds is a hundred pounds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weights don't change by color schemes.. 
If some player getting paid 200 million bucks decides they don't want to play there just because of the decorations? Ehhhh...  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 07:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just to be the devil and being my own advocate does anyone really care how "gorgeous" a weight room is? If it were pink and baby crap green it really wouldn't make a whole lot of difference. A hundred pounds is a hundred pounds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weights don't change by color schemes.. 
If some player getting paid 200 million bucks decides they don't want to play there just because of the decorations? Ehhhh...  Ninja

True that. I do like having TVs around. My gym has them all over the place which is nice to stare at if there is not a girl on the treadmill in front of me. Ninja 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 07:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just to be the devil and being my own advocate does anyone really care how "gorgeous" a weight room is? If it were pink and baby crap green it really wouldn't make a whole lot of difference. A hundred pounds is a hundred pounds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weights don't change by color schemes.. 

I think it probably matters to some guys. I work out in a dingy hole in the wall gym, but these guys are used to coming from state of the art facilities in college. It's probably important to some. 
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 07:48 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: True that. I do like having TVs around. My gym has them all over the place which is nice to stare at if there is not a girl on the treadmill in front of me. Ninja 

For real. Before I had my heart attack, I was going to Snap Fitness 5X a week and I have to admit, I was pleasantly distracted several times. So much so, it became my focus, not because I wanted to be with them because I'm faithful to my wife, but because I wanted them to want to be with me, but couldn't have me. Well, that ship sailed! LOL I may have worked out a little too hard. Literally. 

Reply/Quote
[Image: H5AEfME.jpg]

WE MOVIN ON UP BABY! 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 09:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: For real. Before I had my heart attack, I was going to Snap Fitness 5X a week and I have to admit, I was pleasantly distracted several times. So much so, it became my focus, not because I wanted to be with them because I'm faithful to my wife, but because I wanted them to want to be with me, but couldn't have me. Well, that ship sailed! LOL I may have worked out a little too hard. Literally. 

You know what I say about getting old and getting sick? If it weren't for the good looking nurses I wouldn't bother getting old or sick.. I'd just stay young and healthy forever.  Cool

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
As someone who complained for many years about free agency spending and lack of an indoor facility, it feels strange to have nothing to be upset about.

- Elite QB that everyone loves (instead of lightning rod Andy Dalton)
- "We haven't won a playoff game since..." calendar has been reset
- Team is stacked with talent, much of it via FA
- Practice bubble incoming

What are we going to argue about? I guess we'll always find something. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What are we going to argue about? I guess we'll always find something. LOL

I’ll put Eli Apples odds at -1500 and Jackson Carman at -2000 for this.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:22 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I’ll put Eli Apples odds at -1500 and Jackson Carman at -2000 for this.

Agree those are probably this year's hot debates.

Will also throw in the #31 pick and Zac Taylor.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As someone who complained for many years about free agency spending and lack of an indoor facility, it feels strange to have nothing to be upset about.

Oh there's some contrarians around that love to stir the pot.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 12:57 PM)pally Wrote:
Just curious about something. Will this thing be heated? Or is it just to shelter the players from the elements?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 06:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Beat me to it...  Hilarious

Who is Pat Mcafee.Sorry I don't live in Cincinnati and never heard of him.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 11:08 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Just curious about something. Will this thing be heated? Or is it just to shelter the players from the elements?

I was wondering the same thing but it has to be because my place is heated but I still need a portable heater to keep my bedroom warm when it's even a little bit cold.

Temperatuers in Cincinnati are also so unpredictable like it's 39 degrees outside right now in April, which I need my heater now.

It's also not abnormal to get enough snow in winters to have schools closed, so that's another reason why I think it would have to be or what's the point?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 12:00 AM)bengalsboy Wrote: Who is Pat Mcafee.Sorry I don't live in Cincinnati and never heard of him.

He was a long time punter in the NFL and had quite a knack for not only booming punts, but he also used to be able to kick FGs, and he would get involved on the punt returns....often with a big hit.

He's kind of legendary for that alone, but he is also quite a character.  He's a big strong guy and is now in the pro wrestling circuit (not my thing, but it is crazy popular) and he also has a national radio show on Sirius XM's Mad Dog Radio.  He follows Adam Schein from 11-2, I believe.  
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 12:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was wondering the same thing but it has to be because my place is heated but I still need a portable heater to keep my bedroom warm when it's even a little bit cold.

Temperatuers in Cincinnati are also so unpredictable like it's 39 degrees outside right now in April, which I need my heater now.

It's also not abnormal to get enough snow in winters to have schools closed, so that's another reason why I think it would have to be or what's the point?

The temp facility will likely have portable heaters, and surprisingly, it doesn't take much.  There are a few YMCA's around the area that put a bubble over their outdoor pools in the winter.  The Heat rises, and is trapped and the cold escapes from lower vents.  The permanent new structure that may take a couple years will absolutely have heat built in.  

I just hope this bubble is big enough for Mcpherson and our punter.  
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2022, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As someone who complained for many years about free agency spending and lack of an indoor facility, it feels strange to have nothing to be upset about.

We should argue about our favorite toilet paper embossing patterns.. I've become kind of partial to those Cottonelle unique cleansing ripples of late (almost Bengalish stripey!) , but I'm sure some jerk will argue for the little flowers or even those little French insignia's that agree with the Saints on lesser brands..  Ninja
What can I say? I have too much time on my hands whilst sitting on the crapper.. 

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The temp facility will likely have portable heaters, and surprisingly, it doesn't take much.  There are a few YMCA's around the area that put a bubble over their outdoor pools in the winter.  The Heat rises, and is trapped and the cold escapes from lower vents.  The permanent new structure that may take a couple years will absolutely have heat built in.  

I just hope this bubble is big enough for Mcpherson and our punter.  

I agree that we'll likely have heaters, especially since the franchise seems more in-tune/concerned with player needs/wants these days than they did in the past.

I figured that it wouldn't take much to heat and get the heat trapped in the bubble, like you said.

I'm just still pumped that we're evolving as a franchise!
Reply/Quote

Yes. 

"Driving 45mph is driving 45mph."

[Image: 1408120276743.jpg]
[Image: 16025527-1970-dodge-challenger-std.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Some love a whipping player or 2 to dehumanize. Sad
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 04:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes. 

"Driving 45mph is driving 45mph."

[Image: 1408120276743.jpg]
[Image: 16025527-1970-dodge-challenger-std.jpg]

I recall owning a Toyota Celeca that would hit 160 easily.. I did it once then slammed on the brakes and never tried it again from fear of going off to jail for an indeterminate period and having the car impounded for...ever?  The fastest I drove after that was about 65.. Kind of a waste of 95 mph.. LOL

Reply/Quote