Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(03-31-2022, 05:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What is now heritage bank? Please is an absolute shit hole. The roof is literally caving in. 

Wow, they let it go huh? Last time I was in that place was a Heart concert back when the Wilson sisters were hot. Saw my very first concert there in 1977, Led Zeppelin, and many after that. Hard to believe they just let it go to disrepair. Used  to be a nice place.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 12:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow, they let it go huh? Last time I was in that place was a Heart concert back when the Wilson sisters were hot. Saw my very first concert there in 1977, Led Zeppelin, and many after that. Hard to believe they just let it go to disrepair. Used  to be a nice place.

Wasn't there for Zep, but definitely have seen my share there. Last one was Tool. Or maybe Metallica? Was going to see Roger Waters but COVID delayed it.

It's horribly outdated. Nederlander (I think) has said they'll run it (of course) if the city pays to get it modernized but that has gained no traction.

It's sad, really. We need some sort of venue downtown like that that can host all of the events discussed earlier.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 12:58 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Wasn't there for Zep, but definitely have seen my share there. Last one was Tool. Or maybe Metallica? Was going to see Roger Waters but COVID delayed it.

It's horribly outdated. Nederlander (I think) has said they'll run it (of course) if the city pays to get it modernized but that has gained no traction.

It's sad, really. We need some sort of venue downtown like that that can host all of the events discussed earlier.

Getting through the doors into the place was as bad for the Zep concert as it was at the Who. I still am amazed no one was killed on the 2 nights Zep played there. It was crazy. I was going through (being pushed actually) the entrance door and people were actually climbing over my shoulders at the same time. Festival Seating was crazy.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't have the hotels to accommodate a Super Bowl crowd.  60K go to the game but many times that many come to town for the show.
Hilarious
(03-31-2022, 05:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I disagree. In LA, people were staying an hour away in hotels. That brings Lexington, Ky. into play and a lot of other smaller cities within 60 miles of Cincinnati. 

They could till get to downtown Cincinnati than people could get from close places like Beverly Hills, it took us an hour+ to get downtown and 1.5 hours to get to a parking garage, then another hour to shuttle. But we did it, they would for the event in our city as well.

Exactly. People go to great lengths to go to Super Bowls and downtown might not have enough, but throw in Northern Kentucky and places with airports like Dayton's only being under an hour away and Lexington being an hour away with places to stay, Cincinnati could easily host a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 11:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Kentucky will welcome a venue for an NFL team and potential job creater and great tax revenue. Would they consider partnering with the Bengals to build a stadium in a place like Wilder, Ky which bring a both Lexington and Louisville into play for a larger fan base? Like I said earlier, build the stadium and the hotels and restaurants will follow. There is lots of land in these places to hand me the growth and the infra structure to handle the increased traffic

I went to a Lions game in the old SilverDome.  It was in Pontiac which is 30-40 miles away from Detroit.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 12:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wow, they let it go huh? Last time I was in that place was a Heart concert back when the Wilson sisters were hot. Saw my very first concert there in 1977, Led Zeppelin, and many after that. Hard to believe they just let it go to disrepair. Used  to be a nice place.
The Wilson sisters make my grandma look hot these days and she's been dead for 45+ years.. Pretty close to 1977.. I'm 63 and in 77 I was a kid in Job Corps still popping zits..  Cry It was a year before i got officially laid..I say officially because...Oh never mind why.. Use your collective imaginations..  Tongue
Anyways..Indy was never much of an NFL venue till they had a guy named Manning drop in to play QB.. One never knows what star power a youngin named Joe Burrow might bring to Cincinnati in the years to come.. Indy was only known for the race cars and the Indianapolis 500 before then.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was wondering if we could get one of those giant glass domes that they drop over burning buildings to put out the fire.  I doubt they make one big enough for PBS, but maybe we could special order one.  With doors..  It would need some sort of ventilation. Otherwise it would fog up with all those people breathing inside it.

Best of both worlds. A dome without losing the sunshine.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 11:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Kentucky will welcome a venue for an NFL team and potential job creater and great tax revenue. Would they consider partnering with the Bengals to build a stadium in a place like Wilder, Ky which bring a both Lexington and Louisville into play for a larger fan base? Like I said earlier, build the stadium and the hotels and restaurants will follow. There is lots of land in these places to hand me the growth and the infra structure to handle the increased traffic

Even though the Cincinnati airport is in KY, I can't see them leaving the city like that.  If they did, it would be for a huge market like San Antonio, but I don't see that as likely.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Even though the Cincinnati airport is in KY, I can't see them leaving the city like that.  If they did, it would be for a huge market like San Antonio, but I don't see that as likely.

Genuine question. is San Antonio considered a huge market? The metro population of SA is roughly 14% greater than Cincinnati. 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 09:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Even though the Cincinnati airport is in KY, I can't see them leaving the city like that.  If they did, it would be for a huge market like San Antonio, but I don't see that as likely.

Don't think another team will be allowed to move to/be started in Texas so long as Jerry is still alive.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm still loving this!

Like I said earlier, it feels like we're taking the next step in becoming an actual franchise, which is unreal, especially when you consider that we were one block for another second away from winning a Super Bowl under these conditions!

I realize that we practiced in UC's bubble and maybe I'm overreacting, but I just feel like this is a big step in the evolution of this franchise, and most people outside of our fanbase don't even realize that we don't have a practice facility.

I'm also still hoping that we go all-out and include a weight room/workout facility with medical.rehab equipment.

The season can't get here soon enough!
Reply/Quote
Jesus Brad, there is nothing wrong with our gym or medical. Its been pointed out that our medical facility is top notch and our workout facility is very good. Better than your buddy's...
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 04:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Jesus Brad, there is nothing wrong with our gym or medical. Its been pointed out that our medical facility is top notch and our workout facility is very good. Better than your buddy's...

Ha.

You have no idea what my buddy's spot is like and the fact that you even mentioned it here when I didn't just goes to show that you have no credibility.

As far a medical/rehab facility, we have an MRI machine but what else do we have?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 05:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha.

You have no idea what my buddy's spot is like and the fact that you even mentioned it here when I didn't just goes to show that you have no credibility.

As far a medical/rehab facility, we have an MRI machine but what else do we have?

They have all the equipment and staff needed to rehab any injury.  If you recall, Burrow, Hopkins, and Uzomah all did their off season rehab at PBS with the team trainers and facilities. The Dir of Rehab Nick Cosgray is considered one of the best in the NFL.  They are less than 10 minutes to a level 1 trauma center in case of a real emergency.  

They spent millions a couple of years ago expanding the weight room facilities at PBS

While I am sure your friend's place is top-notch it is very unlikely to compare to the facilities the Bengals have access to

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 06:45 PM)pally Wrote: They have all the equipment and staff needed to rehab any injury.  If you recall, Burrow, Hopkins, and Uzomah all did their off season rehab at PBS with the team trainers and facilities.  The Dir of Rehab Nick Cosgray is considered one of the best in the NFL.  They are less than 10 minutes to a level 1 trauma center in case of a real emergency.  

They spent millions a couple of years ago expanding the weight room facilities at PBS

While I am sure your friend's place is top-notch it is very unlikely to compare to the facilities the Bengals have access to

Do you have any links for any of this? 

I don't know about about Hopkins or Uzo, but Burrow did his rehab in LA:

Quote:A year ago, Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was only a couple of months into his recovery from a torn ACL. He spent most of that rehab time in Los Angeles, where he will find himself soon playing in Super Bowl 56.

I know they turned the indoor practice facility into field turf and acted like it made us top of the line.

From all the pictures that I can find, the improved weight room doesn't look that much better than a nice high school's.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 10:09 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Genuine question. is San Antonio considered a huge market? The metro population of SA is roughly 14% greater than Cincinnati. 

24th metro and 37th TV market. It is a good market  but I doubt it is worth moving  a franchise for. Maybe a good place for a expansion  franchise?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 05:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha.

That really made no sense.....
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 10:09 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Genuine question. is San Antonio considered a huge market? The metro population of SA is roughly 14% greater than Cincinnati. 

Well, it is very close to Mexico...and I believe it has a huge population surrounding.  I have just heard it mentioned as a possible site.  

I hate the idea of a team in London.  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 08:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Do you have any links for any of this? 

I don't know about about Hopkins or Uzo, but Burrow did his rehab in LA:

I know they turned the indoor practice facility into field turf and acted like it made us top of the line.

From all the pictures that I can find, the improved weight room doesn't look that much better than a nice high school's.

There's a couple of articles that make mention of it. Uzomah mentioned that Joe Burrow had joined him in the Bengals rehab facilities. Here is another article that talks about Burrow returning in January to rehab his knee at the Bengals facilities. Hopkins also did his rehab at the Bengals facility. The Bengals physician actually performed the surgery. To hear it from the horse's mouth, Burrow talks about rehabbing in Cincinnati with Uzo and Hopkins in this video. Skip to 5:18. 

For the weight room, it's a pretty standard "nice" weight room. It really doesn't look much different than Ohio States weight room.

[Image: hkd16sA.jpg]

[Image: GbmbdL1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 04:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Jesus Brad, there is nothing wrong with our gym or medical. Its been pointed out that our medical facility is top notch and our workout facility is very good. Better than your buddy's...

Lol damn bro...you didn't have to do him like that...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote