Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(03-30-2022, 03:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anyways, this is UN-*******-REAL!

I never thought I'd live to see the day!

Yeah, I keep thinking I'm actually in a coma and dreaming all of this the past two years. 

I would like to roll back another one though. This Covid stuff can f off./
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Bravissimo !!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Spending on outside FA’s, new jerseys, RoH, Super Bowl run, indoor practice facility…

So this is what it feels like to root for an actual good organization. I like it. I could get used to it.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 04:38 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I am stunned and delighted. I can’t help but think that Burrow had something to do with this as the LSU facilities are probably better than the Bengals. I am truly impressed with all the new decisions by Bengals management. They deserve our praise and support. I’m loving Katie as the leader.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is actually humungous news...not for the fact that they are building a practice facility (which is still pretty big) but for the fact that this basically puts to bed any rumors or rumblings that they will be leaving the city once PBS lease is up in a few years.

Totally disagree,  the $$ that goes into a practice field is pennies compared to $$ to move.
Reply/Quote
There are teams ie Cleveland detroit jets, vikings eagles over last decade that have limited success with domes, I see little coordination of dome and success. Not saying would be nice to have a dome bit little connection to success
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 08:29 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah, I keep thinking I'm actually in a coma and dreaming all of this the past two years. 

I would like to roll back another one though. This Covid stuff can f off./

I know....... I'm as confused as I was when I woke up from my first coma, looked around, and thought "what's going on?! Where the hell am I?!"

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 10:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: There are teams ie Cleveland detroit jets, vikings eagles over last decade that have limited success with domes, I see little coordination of dome and success. Not saying would be nice to have a dome bit little connection to success

Over half those teams don't have domes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 08:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: For those clamoring for a dome, it's interesting that Buffalo announced they are building a new multi-billion dollar open air stadium.

I am not sure the relevance of what Buffalo is doing. My main reason fro a dome is the stadium sits idle most of the year. This means people who work at PBS or even at GAB lose income opportunity. The city loses events like the final four or possibly a Super Bowl. No dome, no chance of hosting a Super Bowl.

I was in LA and saw us lose 5 rows from the field, if that game would have been played a dome stadium in Cincy, I like our chances of winning a game we lost by 3 points to the home team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 07:23 PM)pally Wrote: I think as long as the Browns have control of the Bengals they will stay in Cincinnati.  Katie and her brother Paul as well as Troy Blackburn and all their children were all born and raised in Cincinnati.  However, getting a stadium deal in 10 years or so could put the stadium in Kentucky, Indiana, or the suburbs instead of downtown.

The biggest threat to the Browns' continued ownership is cash.  While extremely wealthy, their major assets are tied up in the team. I am assuming that Mike Brown has already put in place the mechanisms to protect Katie and Paul from the massive inheritance taxes that have forced the sales of at least 3 teams.  The Haslams upped the cash ante with the Watson contract and in the long run it will be difficult for the Browns to be able to put hundreds of millions of dollars in escrow to pay off crazy contracts.  Add on building an indoor practice facility and having to kick in personal/team money for a new stadium down the line and ultimately they may not be able to afford all of that without heavy borrowing against the team

Brown and Blackburns are no business dummies.. You don't all go to Ivy League colleges, graduate and run a long term NFL franchise as a family by squandering cash on crazy stupid contracts, overpriced stadium deals and crazy stupid kids who want to blow billions on fast cars and hang out with dipspits all day.. I think they'll manage their money just fine..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Over half those teams don't have domes. 

LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 04:38 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I am stunned and delighted. I can’t help but think that Burrow had something to do with this as the LSU facilities are probably better than the Bengals. I am truly impressed with all the new decisions by Bengals management. They deserve our praise and support. I’m loving Katie as the leader.

My local high school has an indoor practice field. Its used by both the baseball and football teams, to be sure. But still… .
Yes glad they’re doing it, of course.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 12:57 PM)pally Wrote:

What will Pat McAfee have to complain about with respect to the Bengals?  Will he actually look at the team?  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 02:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm looking forward to hearing Pat McAfee's take on this.

Beat me to it...  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 04:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I knew this earlier but I didn't want to say anything unless certain.  I just think the stadium will need to be new, it is getting outdated and I think indoor with new stadium makes sense.

Agreed about the next stadium.  Tough thing is it would have to be right where the current one is so maybe they have to play a year at UC?  Long ways away, but I think the current situation with Buffalo is pretty similar to here.  The taxpayers are putting up $850 million and ownership is putting up the rest (I believe) for a new open-air stadium.  If there was ever a team that should have a dome, I thought it would be Buffalo.  

Regardless, a dome allows for more concerts and other events year-round and more money to the banks.  It probably won't be for 10-15 years, and it will be "the house that Burrow built" because before he came along, the city would have never supported a new stadium.  Now, I bet taxpayers would be 100% behind it.  Winning, in fact, does cure everything.  
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 11:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure the relevance of what Buffalo is doing. My main reason fro a dome is the stadium sits idle most of the year. This means people who work at PBS or even at GAB lose income opportunity. The city loses events like the final four or possibly a Super Bowl. No dome, no chance of hosting a Super Bowl.

I was in LA and saw us lose 5 rows from the field, if that game would have been played a dome stadium in Cincy, I like our chances of winning a game we lost by 3 points to the home team.

I just said it was interesting. Buffalo is in a win now mode as well, with their franchise QB, and instead of building a dome they are building an open air stadium in the north. I actually would prefer they build an enclosed stadium in Cincinnati simply because I'm getting older and don't enjoy sitting in the cold and rain anymore. Also, to have any shot at hosting a SB, we'd have to have a dome as you said. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 07:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed about the next stadium.  Tough thing is it would have to be right where the current one is so maybe they have to play a year at UC?  Long ways away, but I think the current situation with Buffalo is pretty similar to here.  The taxpayers are putting up $850 million and ownership is putting up the rest (I believe) for a new open-air stadium.  If there was ever a team that should have a dome, I thought it would be Buffalo.  

Regardless, a dome allows for more concerts and other events year-round and more money to the banks.  It probably won't be for 10-15 years, and it will be "the house that Burrow built" because before he came along, the city would have never supported a new stadium.  Now, I bet taxpayers would be 100% behind it.  Winning, in fact, does cure everything.  

Most of the money for the new Buffalo stadium is coming from the state of New York.  Somehow I can't see Ohio chipping in for a new stadium in Cincinnati. The NFL is kicking in $200 million and ownership $350 million plus cost overruns.  The state will also contribute to day to day running expenses
Buffalo's stadium was built in 1973

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Anyone thinking they're going to retrofit the current stadium with a dome ask yourselves where they're gonna play until said done is finished because it would take more than a few months to do it..It wouldn't get done from February to September and damned sure not before September during OTA's and the rest of the getting ready for the regular season period.. Wilmington College again?  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Looking at PBS there is no way it was designed to have a dome.

And I don't think we will build a dome. Cincinnati is not really that far north.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 09:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Anyone thinking they're going to retrofit the current stadium with a dome ask yourselves where they're gonna play until said done is finished because it would take more than a few months to do it..It wouldn't get done from February to September and damned sure not before September during OTA's and the rest of the getting ready for the regular season period.. Wilmington College again?  Hilarious

Nippert, OSU, or FC Cincinnati stadium are all reasonable  options. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote