Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility
(03-31-2022, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Looking at PBS there is no way it was designed to have a dome.

And I don't think we will build a dome.  Cincinnati is not really that far north.

The only reason  to build  a dome would be to host the Superbowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 10:58 AM)J24 Wrote: The only reason  to build  a dome would be to host the Superbowl.

We don't have the hotels to accommodate a Super Bowl crowd.  60K go to the game but many times that many come to town for the show.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't have the hotels to accommodate a Super Bowl crowd.  60K go to the game but many times that many come to town for the show.

Agreed.  Have you ever seen the list of demands from the NFL to even be considered?   It's insane!

I really don't know the city has that kind of infrastructure in place.
Reply/Quote
Never forget, Jacksonville hosted a super bowl. Detroit too
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 12:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Never forget, Jacksonville hosted a super bowl. Detroit too

we are unlikely to get a SB in an open air stadium in the north
Reply/Quote
The best part of that?

"Exactly, we plan on needing it all the way through February." Cool

I like Pumpkin's style

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 01:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we are unlikely to get a SB in an open air stadium in the north

They played in Jersey a few years ago.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 10:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: There are teams ie Cleveland detroit jets, vikings eagles over last decade that have limited success with domes, I see little coordination of dome and success. Not saying would be nice to have a dome bit little connection to success

It has nothing to do with the success of the team. It has to do with fans and players just being more comfortable while playing and the fact that you could use it more than 6 months out of the year. You could hold bigger and better concerts or other events. 

There is absolutely no reason for it not to be a dome or a stadium with a retractable roof. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 10:58 AM)J24 Wrote: The only reason  to build  a dome would be to host the Superbowl.

The Super Bowl, better concerts that continually skip over Cincinnati because we don't have a decent arena, final four or NCAA games, political conventions or rallys, college football bowl games, etc. 

The list goes on. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think we will build a dome. Cincinnati is not really that far north.

I don't necessarily want a dome, but this isn't the best reasoning.

New Orleans, Atlanta, Indianapolis, etc aren't that far north, either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 10:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: There are teams ie Cleveland detroit jets, vikings eagles over last decade that have limited success with domes, I see little coordination of dome and success. Not saying would be nice to have a dome bit little connection to success

What?   Cleveland, Jets and Eagles have domes?  

Reply/Quote
This is probably not likely and maybe not my smartest question on here, but do you think the Cincinnati Bengals would entertain building a new stadium across the river? I'm just asking because it would be less expensive I would think.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 11:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Over half those teams don't have domes. 

He disagrees. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 02:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Super Bowl, better concerts that continually skip over Cincinnati because we don't have a decent arena, final four or NCAA games, political conventions or rallys, college football bowl games, etc. 

The list goes on. 

What happened to Riverfront Coliseum?
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 11:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't have the hotels to accommodate a Super Bowl crowd.  60K go to the game but many times that many come to town for the show.

I disagree. In LA, people were staying an hour away in hotels. That brings Lexington, Ky. into play and a lot of other smaller cities within 60 miles of Cincinnati. 

They could till get to downtown Cincinnati than people could get from close places like Beverly Hills, it took us an hour+ to get downtown and 1.5 hours to get to a parking garage, then another hour to shuttle. But we did it, they would for the event in our city as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 02:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't necessarily want a dome, but this isn't the best reasoning.

New Orleans, Atlanta, Indianapolis, etc aren't that far north, either.

Dallas and Vegas are also not north at all.

Build a new dome stadium in the right spot in Northern, Ky. and like Irvin, Texas, the area would build around it quickly with more 4 and 5 star hotels.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 05:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What happened to Riverfront Coliseum?

What is now heritage bank? Please is an absolute shit hole. The roof is literally caving in. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 05:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What happened to Riverfront Coliseum?
I went to many concerts there and even watched a hockey game of the Cincinnati Stingers. Saw them play the New England Whalers and Gordy Howe. His sons were also on the team, but the 50 year old Gordy was the best player on the ice. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 09:36 AM)pally Wrote: Most of the money for the new Buffalo stadium is coming from the state of New York.  Somehow I can't see Ohio chipping in for a new stadium in Cincinnati. The NFL is kicking in $200 million and ownership $350 million plus cost overruns.  The state will also contribute to day to day running expenses
Buffalo's stadium was built in 1973

Yeah, so it was about 25 years older than PBS.  Which means in maybe 20 years the Bengals get a new stadium?  I think PBS is just fine and an indoor practice facility will be really nice for the team, but there are just some basic design flaws with PBS that I wish they could remedy, but isn't realistic without an entire redo.

State dollars for a new stadium?  Is that a first?  I am sure there would be a huge uproar here, especially outside the greater Cincinnati area if state taxes were increased to pay for a new stadium.   Regardless, it is something we won't likely be facing for some time.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, so it was about 25 years older than PBS.  Which means in maybe 20 years the Bengals get a new stadium?  I think PBS is just fine and an indoor practice facility will be really nice for the team, but there are just some basic design flaws with PBS that I wish they could remedy, but isn't realistic without an entire redo.

State dollars for a new stadium?  Is that a first?  I am sure there would be a huge uproar here, especially outside the greater Cincinnati area if state taxes were increased to pay for a new stadium.   Regardless, it is something we won't likely be facing for some time.

Kentucky will welcome a venue for an NFL team and potential job creater and great tax revenue. Would they consider partnering with the Bengals to build a stadium in a place like Wilder, Ky which bring a both Lexington and Louisville into play for a larger fan base? Like I said earlier, build the stadium and the hotels and restaurants will follow. There is lots of land in these places to hand me the growth and the infra structure to handle the increased traffic

Reply/Quote