Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Joe's Knee
(02-15-2022, 06:31 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: No. His contract has 2 years, then a team option, (3rd year) and then franchise (4 years). He’s not going anywhere.

Yes. Which is exactly what I said, smart guy. 3 years, plus a franchise tag is 4 years. You can add another one and another one but that won’t happen. The poster seemed to be implying “franchise tag” means you’re stuck somewhere. He is not stuck in Cincy at all. 4 years isn’t forever last time I checked. But I’m no doctor.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Whit is like 40. That could blow up.

But yes...they may need to pay a Guard $10 million a year.

I’m talking just a 1 year deal. I just find difficult to see them getting 3 high quality linemen in one off season. He’s 40 but still one of the best in the game.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So he'll be on the 1st plane out of town in 5-6 years?

If he keeps taking a million sacks a year, you bet your ass he would be. 5 years tops. Bengals can’t afford to franchise tag him twice. 

You do know that a QB can play til he’s 40. Joe is 25. You guys are acting like 5 years is “he’s stuck here for good.” 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like it's been said for 3-4 years now.

Well yes, sadly this has been an issue for years now.   It was an issue during the later Dalton years and continues.   Maybe more bad luck or bad scouting with some drafts like Ogbuehi not working out and Fisher having health problems.  Then the whole Cordy Glenn thing. 

I don't think it was for a lack of trying to build an o-line over the years.  I just think the Bengals have been really bad at doing so.   Maybe they need to bring in an outside consultant this year.  

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You don't know Joe Burrow very well.  He is old school man child team player.  He will never refuse to play.  

My point is that everyone has their breaking point. And I agree he won’t refuse to play, but I could see him refusing to play or at least demanding a trade from the Bengals. Too many good teams that would take care of him and coach him better, not to say that the Bengals can’t step up but if they don’t you bet your ass he’s gone. He got sacked 7 times and sprained his knee last night. Might have even been grade 2. He was wincing in pain. See how loyal he is when that happens a few more times. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:39 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: If he keeps taking a million sacks a year, you bet your ass he would be. 5 years tops. Bengals can’t afford to franchise tag him twice. 

You do know that a QB can play til he’s 40. Joe is 25. You guys are acting like 5 years is “he’s stuck here for good.” 

How do you feel about the notion that some of the sacks are on him? Because some are. In the SB, the line got overpowered.

Plus, the Bengals would franchise him as many times as they want under the rules. He's going to be probably the highest paid qb...so it won't matter what the tag costs.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:36 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m talking just a 1 year deal. I just find difficult to see them getting 3 high quality linemen in one off season. He’s 40 but still one of the best in the game.

2 high quality lineman (1 tackle/1 IOL). Like big bucks, paid top 3 at their position.
Armstead
Orlando brown
Laremy Tunsil (trade)
Duane Brown (1-2 years… won’t break the bank)

Ryan jenson
Brandon scherff
Laken Tomlinson
Connor Williams
James Daniels
Ben Jones

There are others there. Obviously Jonah Williams slides to
The right with any of the addition above. That will take some time, but if Jonah is your 3rd best OL, that’s something to work with. Then you can really focus on camp battles at 1 or 2 spots.

If we had scherff and armstead this year….. (means Jonah is RT) do the bengals win the SB with the balance of our OL? I say yes.

I also like the idea of a Riley reiff at 3m/year off the bench swing tackle. I would spare no expense for the next 2-3 years. That also means age shouldn’t be a concern.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:43 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: My point is that everyone has their breaking point. And I agree he won’t refuse to play, but I could see him refusing to play or at least demanding a trade from the Bengals. Too many good teams that would take care of him and coach him better, not to say that the Bengals can’t step up but if they don’t you bet your ass he’s gone. He got sacked 7 times and sprained his knee last night. Might have even been grade 2. He was wincing in pain. See how loyal he is when that happens a few more times. 

I understand your sentiment.  Burrow took a broken franchise upon his back and was maybe 1.5 seconds from a blocking OL of winning the SB in his first full year.  Coaches talk to him regularly about personnel change.  He is in the loop.  Burrow convinced Reiff to join Bengals.  Having Reiff for SB would maybe have been difference.  But still, Burrow has stated publicly several times that he loves the players in Cincinnati, he loves Taylor, he loves the fans here in the state he grew up.  

With all that said, I have gut feeling that the Bengals will sign 1-2 tier 1-2 OL and maybe trade for another.  It will take about two years to fix OL but they will make splash this offseason on OL.  Players will want to come to the Nati just to play for Burrow.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 2 high quality lineman (1 tackle/1 IOL).  Like big bucks, paid top 3 at their position.
Armstead
Orlando brown
Laremy Tunsil (trade)
Duane Brown (1-2 years… won’t break the bank)

Ryan jenson
Brandon scherff
Laken Tomlinson
Connor Williams
James Daniels
Ben Jones

There are others there.  Obviously Jonah Williams slides to
The right with any of the addition above.  That will take some time,  but if Jonah is your 3rd best OL, that’s something to work with.  Then you can really focus on camp battles at 1 or 2 spots.  

If we had scherff and armstead this year….. (means Jonah is RT) do the bengals win the SB with the balance of our OL?  I say yes.  

I also like the idea of a Riley reiff at 3m/year off the bench swing tackle.  I would spare no expense for the next 2-3 years.  That also means age shouldn’t be a concern.

Jonah Williams is not long time answer at LT.  Maybe he slides to guard or RT but he allowed nearly 10 sacks this year.  He is not good enough.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:26 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Wrong. A franchise tag is a one year deal. They can give him another one when that one expires (and another, and another), but the salary jumps up astronomically, percentage wise. In NFL history only 7 players have been franchise tagged for multiple seasons. And they weren’t making nearly as much as Burrow so their teams didn’t take as much of a hit. Also — a player can deny a franchise tag deal, so long as they sit out for a season. So his contract has 3 more years... and that’s where it stops. 

So yeah, Burrow will be on the first plane out if the organization doesn’t get its shit together. He’s also got the clout to demand a trade at some point. Don’t think just because he’s an Ohio boy that he’ll stay loyal to the franchise. Yall need him more than he needs yall and he knows that. Everyone’s got their limits. 

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if he refuses to play if he gets sacked this many times ever again. 

Joe Burrow will never play another down for LSU.

Get over it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:52 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Jonah Williams is not long time answer at LT.  Maybe he slides to guard or RT but he allowed nearly 10 sacks this year.  He is not good enough.  

Well even if that is the case he will have to do for now and I think he will be better with more support from the rest of the line.  Right now IMO the biggest needs are RG, RT and then center.  He can't do it all and if the rest of the line improves it takes some stress off of him.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How do you feel about the notion that some of the sacks are on him? Because some are. In the SB, the line got overpowered.

Plus, the Bengals would franchise him as many times as they want under the rules. He's going to be probably the highest paid qb...so it won't matter what the tag costs.

SOME of the sacks in the beginning were on him because they weren’t letting him scramble as much. Stevie Wonder could see that this was a college football OL, get outta here with that.

They could franchise him as many times, but (1) the Bengals aren’t known for spending money (2) Burrow does NOT have to accept. If he keeps getting knocked down, I can’t see JB accepting any more time than he has to with this organization. The optics would be bad for refusing a franchise tag and he’d have to sit out the season, but no one in their right minds would blame him after getting sacked 9 times in a playoff game. There are too many better situations. 

So I hope you guys figure it out. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Joe Burrow will never play another down for LSU.

Get over it.

It's fun having new fans cheer for the Bengals because of Burrow and their SB run, but man are some of those new fans also a huge pain in the ass. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Joe Burrow will never play another down for LSU.

Get over it.

Kinda harsh, I think he is just trying to communicate his frustration with how the Bengals have approached protecting Burrow. I think we can all agree that we want Burrow upright and throwing bombs.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well even if that is the case he will have to do for now and I think he will be better with more support from the rest of the line.  Right now IMO the biggest needs are RG, RT and then center.  

For sure.  Hopkins may stick however.  Just a feeling.  He has strong locker room presence.  He was recovery from Knee.  His PFF numbers the last 8 games were decent.  

My guess is Ted Karras RG, draft Zion Johns round 1.  A trade for RT.   Smith will have another year and I think he will be a good one because of his length.  Maybe Jensen at center for the big signing splash, and kick Hopkins to guard.  

Everyone wants Armstead.  Problem is the guy is rarely healthy.  But it could happen.      
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's fun having new fans cheer for the Bengals because of Burrow and their SB run, but man are some of those new fans also a huge pain in the ass. 

Yeah. When they act like they created him and they own him, not only is it a pain in the ass, it's dumb. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I actually have 100% faith they fix it this off-season. Which is weird, because...Bengals. 

Same. The fans would revolt if it's not 100% fixed this offseason. 

Tbh I actually believe in the front office at this point.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:01 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Kinda harsh, I think he is just trying to communicate his frustration with how the Bengals have approached protecting Burrow. I think we can all agree that we want Burrow upright and throwing bombs.

Everybody wants that. He's made it a point, ad nauseum to state how much the oline sucks. Uhhh, yeah, we know it does. Then there's the whole 'protect him like he's your child' attitude. 

I'm not against anyone giving an opinion, stating facts, discussing, arguing...whatever. The broken record shit is annoying though and i even ***** made it a point to not post for a couple days so that i wasn't tempted to reply to stupid shit. 

Oh well...back into hibernation.

Reply/Quote
Joe will never survive another season if the stupid people making personnel decisions don't change their ways.  We could easily see a career ending injury if there are not serious upgrades in order to put up a fortress around him.  If I was Joe's father, I would counsel him to tell ownership to buy me a seven man impenetrable fortress or trade me IMMEDIATELY.  I would not play another down behind these limp dicks in front of me.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same. The fans would revolt if it's not 100% fixed this offseason. 

Tbh I actually believe in the front office at this point.

Ditto. 

You would have to be a certified, grade-a, jello-brained idiot to not go hard at it. They know just as well as everyone else that it was a problem. Not making a 40-60% change, with at least a couple solid FAs, would be criminal. 

Reply/Quote