Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Joe's Knee
(02-15-2022, 07:07 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Joe will never survive another season if the stupid people making personnel decisions don't change their ways.  We could easily see a career ending injury if there are not serious upgrades in order to put up a fortress around him.  If I was Joe's father, I would counsel him to tell ownership to buy me a seven man impenetrable fortress or trade me IMMEDIATELY.  I would not play another down behind these limp dicks in front of me.

Tell me what easy listening song most represents your mood right now?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: For sure.  Hopkins may stick however.  Just a feeling.  He has strong locker room presence.  He was recovery from Knee.  His PFF numbers the last 8 games were decent.  

My guess is Ted Karras RG, draft Zion Johns round 1.  A trade for RT.   Smith will have another year and I think he will be a good one because of his length.  Maybe Jensen at center for the big signing splash, and kick Hopkins to guard.  

Everyone wants Armstead.  Problem is the guy is rarely healthy.  But it could happen.      

I would not pitch a fit if they kept Hopkins as long as they made major improvement to RG and RT. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tell me what easy listening song most represents your mood right now?

Haha. I love that people think Burrow needs to tell the Bengals...So uh...hey...I don't know if you noticed...but our line...maybe we can upgrade it?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:43 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: My point is that everyone has their breaking point. And I agree he won’t refuse to play, but I could see him refusing to play or at least demanding a trade from the Bengals. Too many good teams that would take care of him and coach him better, not to say that the Bengals can’t step up but if they don’t you bet your ass he’s gone. He got sacked 7 times and sprained his knee last night. Might have even been grade 2. He was wincing in pain. See how loyal he is when that happens a few more times. 

If Joe was my son, I would not want him playing another down with that impotence in front of me. It's just a career-ending injury waiting to happen. The health of my child would be my overriding thought. Joe's health is in serious jeopardy with no one able to protect him from 300 lb. monsters. I don't know what his parents are advising him, but I would want him playing for an organization who gives top priority to protecting my superstar son from suffering a career-ending injury.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:35 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Yes. Which is exactly what I said, smart guy. 3 years, plus a franchise tag is 4 years. You can add another one and another one but that won’t happen. The poster seemed to be implying “franchise tag” means you’re stuck somewhere. He is not stuck in Cincy at all. 4 years isn’t forever last time I checked. But I’m no doctor.

You said it’s 3 years and that’s where it ends. I’m sorry but that’s wrong. No reason to get hateful there, bud. He’s not going to be playing anywhere else until at least until 2026, which is a long time in NFL years. However, he’s going to sign here long-term.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:20 PM)Science Friction Wrote: If Joe was my son, I would not want him playing another down with that impotence in front of me. It's just a career-ending injury waiting to happen. The health of my child would be my overriding thought. Joe's health is in serious jeopardy with no one able to protect him from 300 lb. monsters. I don't know what his parents are advising him, but I would want him playing for an organization whose top priority is to keep my son from being crippled. 

Palmers parents should have advised him not to play behind a good offensive line as he got his knee injured.

Prescott got hurt last year behind a good offensive line.

Mayfield has a great line in Cleveland...and injured.

You can have a good line and just get hit wrong and injured.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How do you feel about the notion that some of the sacks are on him? Because some are. In the SB, the line got overpowered.

Plus, the Bengals would franchise him as many times as they want under the rules. He's going to be probably the highest paid qb...so it won't matter what the tag costs.

Not going to happen.  They will sign him to a long term deal and pay him graciously.  They have always done that with their QB's.  Even the Bengals know where their bread is buttered.  Plus he is more popular than any QB they've ever had so the fans would revolt.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Palmers parents should have advised him not to play behind a good offensive line as he got his knee injured.

Prescott got hurt last year behind a good offensive line.

Mayfield has a great line in Cleveland...and injured.

You can have a good line and just get hit wrong and injured.
I think Joe may have injured the knee during the chargers game and it's been lingering all season long. He also has a right pinky issue that he's been playing on that no one seems to be remembered.  

But he is taking a lot of hits. Some of them are his fault. The coaches tell him such but he still tries to make plays because that's who he is.  The front office will make changes along the line this year I think
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:26 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: So yeah, Burrow will be on the first plane out if the organization doesn’t get its shit together.

lol…the organization has its shit together. They were just in the Super Bowl FFS. They have a bad position group…they’ll be working to fix it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Tell me what easy listening song most represents your mood right now?

Honestly, I've had to listen to a lot of easy listening music the last 30+ hours just to survive. BP hit 208/148 about two hours after the game.  Just finished with "Easy Like Sunday Morning"  and "Sail On"  by the Commodores.  Up next,   is this one by Phillip Bailey(Best song he ever did):

[video=youtube]http://[/video]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:58 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: SOME of the sacks in the beginning were on him because they weren’t letting him scramble as much. Stevie Wonder could see that this was a college football OL, get outta here with that.

They could franchise him as many times, but (1) the Bengals aren’t known for spending money (2) Burrow does NOT have to accept. If he keeps getting knocked down, I can’t see JB accepting any more time than he has to with this organization. The optics would be bad for refusing a franchise tag and he’d have to sit out the season, but no one in their right minds would blame him after getting sacked 9 times in a playoff game. There are too many better situations. 

So I hope you guys figure it out. 

1. JN is for Bengals fans. Not Joe Burrow fans.

2. The Bengals dropped $200 million in FA contracts reshaping the defense that greatly assisted Burrow in getting to the Super Bowl. Can we drop the tired "Bengals are cheap" narrative? It's...cheap.

3. Burrow himself wanted Chase over Penei Sewell. Was that the right choice? Yep. But also contributed to the delay in the line getting fixed. I am very confident that will happen this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:31 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: lol…the organization has its shit together. They were just in the Super Bowl FFS. They have a bad position group…they’ll be working to fix it.

Yep. Takes a great TEAM to reach the Super Bowl.

Burrow was great in the face of constant duress, but let's be honest. If our defense isn't elite through that entire run, (19.7 ppg allowed in the AFC playoffs), we weren't in the Super Bowl.

McPherson was elite. Mixon was very very good. Chase and Higgins were great. Uzomah was great. This wasn't Allen Iverson making the Finals with a cast of scrubs. The NFL really doesn't work like that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yep. Takes a great TEAM to reach the Super Bowl.

Burrow was great in the face of constant duress, but let's be honest. If our defense isn't elite through that entire run, (19.7 ppg allowed in the AFC playoffs), we weren't in the Super Bowl.

McPherson was elite. Mixon was very very good. Chase and Higgins were great. Uzomah was great. This wasn't Allen Iverson making the Finals with a cast of scrubs. The NFL really doesn't work like that.

100% I feel confident that the Bengals FO can see that the pinnacle of success is literally within reach. They will do what needs to be done. Who knows, maybe we even get a practice Bubble so Pat McAfee can finally shut up.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Same. The fans would revolt if it's not 100% fixed this offseason. 

Tbh I actually believe in the front office at this point.

I think most us agree with this statement. Its really weird to have a semblance of faith in this FO. I feel like we are in a parallel universe right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:46 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: 100% I feel confident that the Bengals FO can see that the pinnacle of success is literally within reach. They will do what needs to be done. Who knows, maybe we even get a practice Bubble so Pat McAfee can finally shut up.

I might be the most pro-bubble guy on here, and Pat gets on MY nerves with that crap. He never played for the Bengals, so someone must have bent his ear about it. Maybe AJ Hawk? He spent a year with us. Maybe Palmer as well.

Either way, when you mention it literally every time you talk about the team (good or bad), it starts to make you sound more like a hater than someone offering an objective critique. 

I liked Pat and thought he was entertaining at first, but after awhile his shtick wears thin.
Reply/Quote
So everyone knows the O line is weak and needs fixing. Joe Burrow knows this better than any of us yet he is the one who still loves empty sets? If he hated getting hit so much then he should fall out of love with the 5 WR looks.
And Taylor should have made this call in the SB instead of going with what Burrow prefers.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like it's been said for 3-4 years now.

Good to see you again, Pistons! 

I really thought as active as they were in FA last year they'd make some moves for OL guys.  But seemed Zac really wanted to play out the young guys and had confidence they'd get it done.  Ultimately, he's swallowed his pride on a couple of people so maybe this year they will finally go after OL in FA.  I get that you want to draft well at the positions and it's always better to improve via the draft when you can.  But most of these linemen seem to take a little time to really get settled in, and the Bengals need to fix that line immediately.  

Given how they've been in FA recently and knowing there are players likely to want to join, I'm hopeful this is the year they finally make it happen. 
Reply/Quote
for me, the worst part was that Joe, with his knee still smarting and with the shock of the loss still fresh had to be thrust immediately into that impromptu press conference with all the dumb, repetitive questions. You could kind of tell Joe was thinking, "How the F do you think I feel? We effing lost, and I just spent the last hour getting my ass kicked. I feel like s***." I could not watch more than a minute or so of that conference.

For the Bengals, the good news is that the Bengal's profile is much higher now and it may be easier to get the OL help they need. I love him so much and look forward to him lighting it up again next year.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 07:07 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Joe will never survive another season if the stupid people making personnel decisions don't change their ways.  We could easily see a career ending injury if there are not serious upgrades in order to put up a fortress around him.  If I was Joe's father, I would counsel him to tell ownership to buy me a seven man impenetrable fortress or trade me IMMEDIATELY.  I would not play another down behind these limp dicks in front of me.

But here is the thing...  It isn't that the Bengals have not been trying.  They have just whiffed so many times when it comes to the O-line.  They let Whitworth and Zeitler go with the hopes that Ogbuehi and Fisher would be the next man up.  That obviously failed.  Then they drafted Billy Price in the first round as part of trade for Cordy Glenn. Unfortunately Glenn and Price were both duds. 

Now we went into this season, stud O-line or Chase?  Let's not get into that much but the team went with a player that did indeed play a major role in the Bengals success.  They signed Reiff in free agency to play RT and he played well but down the stretch got hurt and was out when the Bengals needed him.  The point I'm trying to make is that the Bengals do indeed try to improve the O-line, they just seem to not be doing it well.  

And yes some say well they should have spent more money on O-line free agents but how many quality free agents last year would want to go to a team that was 4-11-1 and the bottom of the AFCN?  Hopefully now that the Bengals have seen some success attracting free agents will be easier and hopefully they will invest in them.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Thank you God and baby Jesus....
Reply/Quote