Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vance joseph
(01-09-2016, 03:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Bengals will advance to the SB so none of the coaches are going any where just yet.  Besides...

I am holding out the hope the Bengals promote Jackson or Paulie to HC and kick Marvin to Assistant GM.  Then Promote Vance to DC if it is Paulie to HC.

Thats the spirit, made me feel better.

The OP was depressing.
Reply/Quote
To add to the Schwartz thing.   Marvin tried to hire him as LB coach and we ended up hiring his guy for LB's because it would have affected Schwartz money owed by Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
Also read where Gase will be taking our LB coach.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There needs to be a tampering rule in place so no team can interview or contact another teams coach/coordinator until after the Super Bowl. You know it is a distraction for teams in the playoffs who's coordinators are in demand. How can a coordinator be preparing the team the way he should if he has 4 interviews around the country the same week his team is playing?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 03:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: There needs to be a tampering rule in place so no team can interview or contact another teams coach/coordinator until after the Super Bowl. You know it is a distraction for teams in the playoffs who's coordinators are in demand. How can a coordinator be preparing the team the way he should if he has 4 interviews around the country the same week his team is playing?

I agree, this is BS.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also read where Gase will be taking our LB coach.

Unless they make him a coordinator they can't unless we release them.

I keep hearing Vance is in play as Hue's DC if he takes San Fran.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:33 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Did it say why Guenther isn't meeting with Cleveland?
Check out @CincyJungle's Tweet: https://twitter.com/CincyJungle/status/685571394814525440?s=0 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 03:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: There needs to be a tampering rule in place so no team can interview or contact another teams coach/coordinator until after the Super Bowl. You know it is a distraction for teams in the playoffs who's coordinators are in demand. How can a coordinator be preparing the team the way he should if he has 4 interviews around the country the same week his team is playing?

All hires after the super bowl should be the case.
Reply/Quote
It didn't work out very well the last time the Dolphins hired one of our position coaches as a coordinator maybe the same will happen again. I'm a fan of Vance Joseph but I think he's overrated. This is his first crack at a coordinator position.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:00 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It didn't work out very well the last time the Dolphins hired one of our position coaches as a coordinator maybe the same will happen again. I'm a fan of Vance Joseph but I think he's overrated.

Maybe overrated, but maybe not. Adam Jones and George Iloka both played at much higher levels the last two years. Nelson led the NFL in INT this year. He also got some (gullible) people to believe Kirkpatrick would be a decent starter.

So he's done some things.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Maybe overrated, but maybe not. Adam Jones and George Iloka both played at much higher levels the last two years. Nelson led the NFL in INT this year. He also got some (gullible) people to believe Kirkpatrick would be a decent starter.

So he's done some things.

I imagine we see Coyle back as DB coach. He was great with fundamentals. Like Vance
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I bet Jim Schwartz would be the next DC if that happened.    He and marvin are close and speak the same language defensively.

Dear god please yes. I wanted this when Zimmer left.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
He would be a better DC then Paul, too bad our team doesnt realize it. I dont blame Vance tho, this team wasnt gonna let go of Paul anytime soon.. sadly
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I imagine we see Coyle back as DB coach.  He was great with fundamentals.  Like Vance

I would definately welcome Coyle back.
Reply/Quote
NFL network just touched on this. Saying there should be a set date, like free agency, until you can talk to coaches.
Reply/Quote
Looking more and more like San Francisco is narrowing on Hue. It's crazy to think that had they kept Tomsula that we would probably have kept Hue.

No idea what the Titans are doing.
Reply/Quote
Now I'm seeing reports saying that Vance Joseph has not been approached to be the Dolphins DB coach, is in line for other jobs, might go to Miami, or might stay in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Now I'm seeing reports saying that Vance Joseph has not been approached to be the Dolphins DB coach, is in line for other jobs, might go to Miami, or might stay in Cincinnati.

This crap gets on my nerves.

Like GRT said this should not even be going on until after the SB or atleast after the Conference Championships.

This stuff is distracting, the last thing teams need going into the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 04:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Now I'm seeing reports saying that Vance Joseph has not been approached to be the Dolphins DB coach, is in line for other jobs, might go to Miami, or might stay in Cincinnati.

Yep. Just saw this

[Image: sz8xEeP.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Yup they spoke to soon 

Check out @RapSheet's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/685882557259460608?s=01
Reply/Quote