Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vance joseph
Hearing that vance Joseph is going to accept the Miami dolphin DC job??? Idk why he would do that unless he believes guenther is staying put.

He would most likely be next in line for us . And our D is far better than miami.

Really don't wanna lose vance..
Reply/Quote
Check out @RapSheet's Tweet: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/685863430633484288?s=01
That's per Ian Rappaport
Reply/Quote
Whoops, so much for our 15-year plan to make him the HC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So if guenther leaves where does that leave us?
Reply/Quote
Why the eff would they announce this on game day?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:15 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: So if guenther leaves where does that leave us?

Mike Brown's nephew Cletus was pretty good at Tecmo Super Bowl, so he should fill the role.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:15 PM)Beaker Wrote: Why the eff would they announce this on game day?

That's just as much on vance as it is the media. He should of waited to give them an answer until our season was over 
Reply/Quote
Minor distraction. Refocus on the task at hand.
Reply/Quote
That sucks.

Reply/Quote
Miami has a lot of good pieces on defense plus one talented but underachieving idiot, he's got a lot to work with there, he just took the promotion, though I agree the timing of the announcement stinks.
Reply/Quote
Now or never. We finna get pillaged.
Reply/Quote
I may be wrong, but I don't think Joseph can sign until after his team is out of the playoffs. Schefter's report says EXPECT him to be DC, not that he is already signed, sealed and delivered.
Reply/Quote
I'm also reading that guenther is not going to meet with cleveland on Sunday . Only other team that had intrest in him was Philly and they are looking hard at coughlin. So I'm thinking that's why vance left.
Reply/Quote
Damn I was hoping we could keep him and eventually make him our DC once Paul got hired. If we lose Vance and Paul our defense is going to regress.
Reply/Quote
It's a shame, but I don't think it's a major distraction today. Coaches get promoted and move in the NFL. It's part of that life.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:26 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: I'm also reading that guenther is not going to meet with cleveland on Sunday . Only other team that had intrest in him was Philly and they are looking hard at coughlin. So I'm thinking that's why vance left.

Did it say why Guenther isn't meeting with Cleveland?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:33 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Did it say why Guenther isn't meeting with Cleveland?

My guess is that he finally found the time to Google "Cleveland Browns"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:07 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Hearing that vance Joseph is going to accept the Miami dolphin DC job??? Idk why he would do that unless he believes guenther is staying put.

He would most likely be next in line for us . And our D is far better than miami.

Really don't wanna lose vance..

Because he wanted that DC job last year and the Bengals job-blocked him. Maybe he didn't particularly appreciate being blocked from finally advancing his job since the guy's been a DB coach since 2006. It'd be like if the Bengals somehow managed to block Zimmer from getting the HC he wanted.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2016, 02:15 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: So if guenther leaves where does that leave us?

I bet Jim Schwartz would be the next DC if that happened. He and marvin are close and speak the same language defensively.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will advance to the SB so none of the coaches are going any where just yet.  Besides...

I am holding out the hope the Bengals promote Jackson or Paulie to HC and kick Marvin to Assistant GM.  Then Promote Vance to DC if it is Paulie to HC.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote