Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vernon Hargeaves III released by Bucs
Word on the street is that the BEngals want to sign him. Thoughts?

If he grows up plays football instead of trying to be cute, he might help. But what the hell do I know? I thought this team could make the playoffs this year.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't hurt anything to bring him in.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
At this point you are looking for value. We have some questions at CB now and into the future so adding another potential option in long term could be a good move. We'd only owe him 980K this year, but his 5th year option is already guaranteed for injury so you have to be careful there.
Reply/Quote
Why not? Our CB room is already full of 1st round duds, what's one more?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Low risk high reward, this is the type of guys we need to take a flyer on, its not like we are going to sign a top 10 CB if free agency
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Sure, just throw him over there on the first round DB scrap pile.
Reply/Quote
It doesn’t hurt to kick the tires on him. Maybe a change of scenery would do him well. Just keep in mind he was released from the worst pass defense in the league and he was a weak link there, so I would hope they do their due diligence.
Reply/Quote
Cant be any worse than Dre, McRae, McTyler and the rest of the dumpster fire in that room
Reply/Quote
What would it hurt ? I was hoping Kirkpatrick was traded before deadline.
Reply/Quote
I don't think he's that bad. Certainly wasn't the worst CB on TB, although he definitely hasn't lived up to his draft position. He was cut for lack of effort rather than lack of talent. Significant injury history, too. I'd take a shot. Lord knows we need defensive help, and he should have something to prove.

Scuttlebutt is a lot of teams are interested, though.
Reply/Quote
Pick em up
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 11:53 AM)shanebo Wrote: I don't think he's that bad.  Certainly wasn't the worst CB on TB, although he definitely hasn't lived up to his draft position.  He was cut for lack of effort rather than lack of talent.  Significant injury history, too.  I'd take a shot.  Lord knows we need defensive help, and he should have something to prove.

Scuttlebutt is a lot of teams are interested, though.

His PFF Grade was near what Brown's was. So he certainly was bad.

We get the 1st waiver claim if we want him...but I think his pricetag for next year is like $9 million from what I read.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His PFF Grade was near what Brown's was. So he certainly was bad.

We get the 1st waiver claim if we want him...but I think his pricetag for next year is like $9 million from what I read.
That is shitty right tackles money not cornerback money.
Reply/Quote
I'm the biggest Gator honk here, and even I am not tooting VHIII's horn. He came into college as a top 5 overall recruit. His Dad was a HS coach and he dedicated himself to being a DB at a very young age, at a time when most kids want to play WR then convert to DB if it best suits their needs.

VHIII was the most technically sound DB I've ever seen coming out of HS, but he was never the best athlete. And great technique can hide athletic deficiencies to some extent in college, even in the SEC, but not in the pros.

Someone will pick him up, and I won't be sad if we do, but he's not much better than what his stats demonstrate.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 10:23 AM)uticabengalfan Wrote: Cant be any worse than Dre, McRae, McTyler and the rest of the dumpster fire in that room

Remember when we said that about Marvin Lewis, Mauluga, Russell Bodine etc etc???

Good times...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Word on the street is that Bengals passed on him. Picked up by the Texans

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Of course... why try to find players that might have talent? They will sign somebody that nobody knows.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 10:12 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Of course...   why try to find players that might have talent? They will sign somebody that nobody knows.

Not signing this guy isn't something to criticize them for. He sucks. Our coaches suck. It wouldn't work.
Reply/Quote
the FO does nothing at all to try to find talent. They just hope people develop. So sad.
Reply/Quote
They got rid of Preston Brown for lack of effort it didn’t make sense for them to bring in another player who got cut for lack of effort

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote