Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vincent Rey re signed
Good re-signing, needed to happen.

However, as some have mentioned, it likely means that the Bengals are over that $15 million "goal".

I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple players cut to help try and get back right around that $15 million so that $20+ million can still go toward the draft, injury insurance, and extensions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Woot great have him back
Reply/Quote
This was a good signing. Smart guy who knows the defense and can give you a few reserve starts through out the season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually that sounds a little steep to me.

That is starter money.  This probably means don't look for a LB early in the draft.  

He actually is a starter when you look at how often he is on the field.. last year he played 67 percent of the snaps.. highest among any LBers.  Lamur only played 31 percent so even when you factor in Burfict being out most of the season... Rey was on the field more than Lamur .   In 2014 he played 83 % of the snaps.

These are numbers for a starter not a backup.
Reply/Quote
I didn't think he was going to re-sign, as he made it clear on Movin' the Chains that he wanted to start.

Either he didn't get starting options, or he has been promised he'll get Hawk's starting spot when Burfict comes back.

Just my opinion, of course.
Reply/Quote
Good signing. Versitle player and gives back to the community.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 07:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote:  he has been promised he'll get Hawk's starting spot when Burfict comes back.

I am betting this is what happened.  
Reply/Quote
Good job on Re-signing Vinny, he is better than Hawk.

I just hope the team doesn't guarantee Vinny a starting spot like some might be hinting at.

Vinny is undersized and not that athletic. Mad heart, but still i would like for him to be more of a rotational type
Linebacker while we integrate Dawson and another young guy into the line-up along side Burfict. That is if they
outplay Vinny of course. No favorites, just the best players should start.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 08:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good job on Re-signing Vinny, he is better than Hawk.

I just hope the team doesn't guarantee Vinny a starting spot like some might be hinting at.

Vinny is undersized and not that athletic. Mad heart, but still i would like for him to be more of a rotational type
Linebacker while we integrate Dawson and another young guy into the line-up along side Burfict. That is if they
Guys he is a starter as I pointed out earlier he had the most snaps this year and last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 08:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good job on Re-signing Vinny, he is better than Hawk.

We need a stud linebacker out of this draft,one that can play lights out and be a starter NOW.DUMP hawk,he is over the hill and I am a die hard Ohio State fan.He is past his prime.Go after a tall,tough super fast WR,a DT,a DE and look for a good center.If we can get men that can come in and play right away,we will make it back to the dance.If not,we all know the stoolers and the dirty birds are going to be in the hunt.Our division to me is the most physical,the most demanding and the toughest in nfl.Keep our backup qb,he will be playing at some time this coming season.Its a badass division and qbs always get hurt.LETS GO,WE GOT UNFINISHED BUSINESS AND ITS ONCE AGAIN TIME TO FIGHT OUR ASSES OFF.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Guys he is a starter as I pointed out earlier he had the most snaps this year and last year.

Only due to injuries to the starters.

That does not make Vinny a "starter"
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/player/vincentrey/2507843/profile

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14932/mark-barron

Look at vincent rey's stats compared to mark barron who started every game. I'm sorry, but i don't see why a guy who arguably has better stats than a guy who just got a huge contract... shouldn't be a starter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/player/vincentrey/2507843/profile  

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14932/mark-barron

Look at vincent rey's stats compared to mark barron who started every game.  I'm sorry, but i don't see why a guy who arguably has better stats than a guy who just got a huge contract... shouldn't be a starter.

I think he is going to be our starting SOLB this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he is going to be our starting SOLB this year.

Ah, our starting SLB position. Always good for 100 snaps, 15 tackles and a sack every year.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ah, our starting SLB position. Always good for 100 snaps, 15 tackles and a sack every year.  Ninja

But did you see those tackle stats!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 10:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only due to injuries to the starters.

That does not make Vinny a "starter"

totally disagree.. Lamur had 31 percent of snaps to Reys 66 percent this year even with Burfict out part of the year.. Lamur is still way behind Rey.... outside of Burfict he is on the field much more than any other LB.. 

that is like saying.. hey I am here at work first but I only work 1/2 the time but I am still the main worker since I was here first. and the guy that comes in hour later that works almost all day is the secondary worker.. 

or maybe look at Rey as the 6th man that plays a ton more than the 5th man... he might not start the game but everyone knows he is the starter... if you are on the field 2/3s to 3/4s of the time the past two years and leads the LB team in snaps.. you are the starter.. sorry your just plain wrong on this one.
Reply/Quote
He wouldn't have been on the field as much as he was if he was a bad player, nor would he have racked up so many tackles. Worth every penny IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: if you are on the field 2/3s to 3/4s of the time the past two years and leads the LB team in snaps.. you are the starter.. sorry your just plain wrong on this one.

He would not have been on the field that much without injuries.  

First 8 games last year Vinny played at least 95% of the snaps 7 times.

Last 8 games he played less than 50% of the snaps 6 times.

That does not make him a starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He would not have been on the field that much without injuries.  

First 8 games last year Vinny played at least 95% of the snaps 7 times.

Last 8 games he played less than 50% of the snaps 6 times.

That does not make him a starter.

Vinny has started 21 out of our last 32 regular season games. You have no idea how much he would have been on the field except for injuries. If VB was healthy going into last season the plan may have been to move Vinney to MLB or SLB to compete for a starting job. I believe there was talk of him replacing Maul in the starting line up at MLB.

I don't know where the "Vinny is not athletic" talk is coming from. Dude is 6'0" 255 pounds and very athletic. I hope this money means there may be a new Rey lining up inside this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Vinny has started 21 out of our last 32 regular season games. You have no idea how much he would have been on the field except for injuries. If VB was healthy going into last season the plan may have been to move Vinney to MLB or SLB to compete for a starting job. I believe there was talk of him replacing Maul in the starting line up at MLB.

I don't know where the "Vinny is not athletic" talk is coming from. Dude is 6'0" 255 pounds and very athletic. I hope this money means there may be a new Rey lining up inside this year.

Because he gets whooped in coverage all the time. Can't keep up with RBs or TEs.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote