Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia News Reporter Shot Live
This is all just one man's thoughts on the issue.

The forefathers created the amendment, with good intentions. However, it ingrained this idea that a right to bear arms (everyone disregards the whole militia thing anyways) is up there in importance with the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That kind of mentality has made it absurdly simple to purchase a gun in this country. Any legislation attempting to reform that is met with resistance, and routinely shot down. This keeps it absurdly easy for anyone to get their hands on a gun. And as a consequence of it being so easy to get guns legally, getting guns illegally is not monetarily prohibitive either.

So it's not the guns in themselves, as some of the more narrow minded might think in a knee-jerk reaction. The problem I have with the sentence is that people have bastardized it into something completely different than the intention from 200+ years ago, and we refuse to admit it.
This was a crazy situation.

Guess the shooter wanted a race war.
(08-27-2015, 01:56 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: The problem I have with the sentence is that people have bastardized it into something completely different than the intention from 200+ years ago, and we refuse to admit it.

This is 100% false.
(08-27-2015, 03:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This was a crazy situation.  

Guess the shooter wanted a race war.

That's what the Charleston dude wanted too.  They shoulda just shot each other.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I hope none of you have subscriptions to NY daily post.

I'm not posting that... cover, here, but I can't believe it went through after the 100% backlash it got last night when it was previewed.
(08-27-2015, 09:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That's what the Charleston dude wanted to.  They shoulda just shot each other.

Yeah I hear Ya.

Racial tension has gotten worse under obama. Be so happy when we get someone else in there who won't fan the flames of a race war. We don't need the 1960's again. No matter how much barak and michelle wish it would become.
The problem is how we seem to tip-toe around mental health issues, in this country.
People with issues are just patted on the bottom and sent on their way.
The last two generations have largely been raised to believe they are special snowflakes and deserve their heart's desires handed to them.
When they do not get their fairytale, you get things like this tragedy.
This guy was a consistent problem for many stations, but was coddled due to being a minority.
When will logic win over the bleeding heart again ?  
Holy shit.......I just saw the video.....damn........unbelievable. He even pointed the gun at her for a few seconds, but they didn't see him do it. They just kept doing the interview. Then, several seconds later is when he shoots them. Wow. I wish I wouldn't have watched it now.
(08-27-2015, 11:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah I hear Ya.  

We don't need the 1960's again.  No matter how much barak and michelle wish it would become.

What makes you think they wish it were the 60's?
(08-27-2015, 12:26 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: What makes you think they wish it were the 60's?

The pics of them wearing bell bottom jeans 
(08-27-2015, 12:26 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: What makes you think they wish it were the 60's?

I was going to ask the same thing. Because, you know.....no one flipped out that America elected a black president. I mean, I have never seen some right wing redneck dudes speak about it. Never. Ever. Hasn't happened. It is Obama's fault, you know. He made it up. All lies. And Obama has never addressed the issue of some voting for him simply because he was black. He has never addressed it. Ever. I mean, he never said that he was aware of it, and that it is unfortunate that there are some out there who voted for him because he was black. Never.

Oh wait......he did! I forgot about that. So, lets talk about something else then. Forget about what I just said, and lets focus on.......Kenya. Yeah. And lets go photoshop some memes because if we do it enough, it becomes true!!!!

:jk:
(08-27-2015, 12:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The pics of them wearing bell bottom jeans 

Tongue
(08-27-2015, 12:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The pics of them wearing bell bottom jeans 

(08-27-2015, 12:39 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I was going to ask the same thing. Because, you know.....no one flipped out that America elected a black president. I mean, I have never seen some right wing redneck dudes speak about it. Never. Ever. Hasn't happened. It is Obama's fault, you know. He made it up. All lies. And Obama has never addressed the issue of some voting for him simply because he was black. He has never addressed it. Ever. I mean, he never said that he was aware of it, and that it is unfortunate that there are some out there who voted for him because he was black. Never.

Oh wait......he did! I forgot about that. So, lets talk about something else then. Forget about what I just said, and lets focus on.......Kenya. Yeah. And lets go photoshop some memes because if we do it enough, it becomes true!!!!

:jk:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Give an insane guy a tool as powerful as a gun, and don't be surprised when he harms people with it.

The problem will not go away while we keep pretending that there is no problem.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-27-2015, 12:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Give an insane guy a tool as powerful as a gun, and don't be surprised when he harms people with it.

The problem will not go away while we keep pretending that there is no problem.

Bring back the institutions. Give these nutjobs a place to go.
(08-27-2015, 12:54 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Hehehe....however, even though that was a jab at Lucie and the other right wingers on here, I actually like Lucie. I like bfine too. Not many people on here through the years I didn't like. I do miss SLSlaps though. He freakin' hated me. He even told me that through PM's. I was his most hated person. I was proud of that. Tongue
(08-27-2015, 01:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Bring back the institutions. Give these nutjobs a place to go.

[Image: AT2UqbP.gif]
(08-27-2015, 01:15 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: Hehehe....however, even though that was a jab at Lucie and the other right wingers on here, I actually like Lucie. I like bfine too. Not many people on here through the years I didn't like. I do miss SLSlaps though. He freakin' hated me. He even told me that through PM's. I was his most hated person. I was proud of that. Tongue

I miss SLS also.  It wasn't until after he stopped posting that I learned that he was basically just trolling.  I mean I suspected it of course all a long.  But I think it was Zona that had talked with him on a more personal level and said that while yes he was conservative, he was definitely seeing what kind of reaction he could get.
(08-27-2015, 01:46 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I miss SLS also.  It wasn't until after he stopped posting that I learned that he was basically just trolling.  I mean I suspected it of course all a long.  But I think it was Zona that had talked with him on a more personal level and said that while yes he was conservative, he was definitely seeing what kind of reaction he could get.

When ever you feel a pang of want for your long lost buddy SLS....Just take a gander at my sig and you'll be refreshed again.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-27-2015, 02:08 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: When ever you feel a pang of want for your long lost buddy SLS....Just take a gander at my sig and you'll be refreshed again.

LOL...I've been meaning to ask you about that sig, did you lose a bet or something?  And why do you still have it?

What's the story behind it.