Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volson name starting LG

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Cordell should play better with Jonah and Ted on both sides of him as mentors.

At this point it is what I would do, he did play better than Carman. Still hope we bring in at least 1 more OL.

My biggest concern honestly is all the new guys trying to gel having to play the team with the refs in their pocket
in the opener. Penalties could keep this game closer than it should be. Need to run the ball on them and not hold in
doing so, Pitt was a poor run stopping team last season and didn't fix it.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I guess we are going the same thing at LG that we did the previous few years...flying by the seat of our pants.

I hope Volson is a nice surprise, but this isn't good enough IMO.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Well that other thread didnt age well
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:24 PM)pally Wrote:

Sounds like he is just completely over Carman at this point. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Charmin might lose his spot to Max Scharping today. Something to watch.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:26 PM)Synric Wrote: Charmin might lose his spot to Max Scharping today. Something to watch.

Yep, have to call him Charmin now lol
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:24 PM)pally Wrote:

"Right now he's a backup guard."

Couldn't beat Adeniji out and now he's bested by a 4th round rookie. I'm not trying to just sling mud at Carman but man this is quite an indictment on his career trajectory. 
Reply/Quote
Volson is part of the glass-eater club.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: "Right now he's a backup guard."

Couldn't beat Adeniji out and now he's bested by a 4th round rookie. I'm not trying to just sling mud at Carman but man this is quite an indictment on his career trajectory. 

Agreed, but sometimes players turn out to be... busts.  I mean, imagine how the Raiders fans must feel about Leatherwood being a bust, or like we did when Billy Pryor turned out to be fool's gold?  Sometimes average players look really good on their college teams, because they are playing on teams loaded with NFL talent.

Here's to Volson, making the most of his opportunity after coming out of the small school.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: infomercial-help.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, but sometimes players turn out to be... busts.  I mean, imagine how the Raiders fans must feel about Leatherwood being a bust, or like we did when Billy Pryor turned out to be fool's gold?  Sometimes average players look really good on their college teams, because they are playing on teams loaded with NFL talent.

Here's to Volson, making the most of his opportunity after coming out of the small school.

They took Charmin because of his Tools. I was excited about Charmin because of those Tools. It's one of those balances for draft projections Tools vs Technique.

It's one of those mid to late day 2 conundrums.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agreed, but sometimes players turn out to be... busts.  I mean, imagine how the Raiders fans must feel about Leatherwood being a bust, or like we did when Billy Pryor turned out to be fool's gold?  Sometimes average players look really good on their college teams, because they are playing on teams loaded with NFL talent.

Billy Price?

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:45 PM)Synric Wrote: They took Charmin because of his Tools. I was excited about Charmin because of those Tools. It's one of those balances for draft projections Tools vs Technique.

It's one of those mid to late day 2 conundrums.

Charmin at least looks like he still has Tools. Leatherwood doesn't even look like he has Tools. Mellow
Reply/Quote

What is nice about Cordell Volson is he was the NFL talent on his small school team...

Not on a team loaded with NFL talent...

He was the one that stood out in a great way.
Reply/Quote

Yep I'm not sure I'd cut Carman already ? But one eyebrow is way up. And who knows perhaps Volson will take off like a rocket ?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: [Image: infomercial-help.gif]

LMAO! Did someone put some of that non stick varnish from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on that hot sauce bottle? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 02:46 PM)pally Wrote: Billy Price?

I was figuring that's who he meant. He's getting kinda long in the tooth. LOL
Reply/Quote

So in essence in your eyes Volson did not win the job, Carmen lost it, but nether is or will be any good because one was over drafted and the other Volson can't be good or great since a 4th round pick.

I am not saying Carmen will be good either, but it is these type of comparisons that pidgin hole players in this forum. Volson beat out other vets at LG, another guard has been signed and he may stay the starter. That does not make him bad. There is not a vet on the roster who will not make mistakes.

Heck, Brady throws pick 6's every year (huge mistake), but his great plays make up for the bone headed plays.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote