Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volson's debut
(09-08-2022, 03:55 PM)Housh Wrote: Steelers are going to pick on him and probably do all types of stunts and other BS

He’s going to have a LOOOONG day. Cam, TJ, Larry O……..going to be tough.

Well, you got that one right.

I've watched a lot of football, and I don't remember any game where I heard the announcers talk about an offensive lineman as much as I heard them mention Volson today.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are masters of gameplanning and targeting a weak link.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers are masters of gameplanning and targeting a weak link.

Agreed. And ours is so poor. First regular season snap of his career and he’s left one on one with Cam Heyward. No help at all. No back to assist. Just dumb. Plus it doesn’t help that Burrow stood back there and passed up Mixon, Chase and Hurst open on the play to take the sack. Why not motion Mixon in to the backfield.
Reply/Quote
volson is not athletic at all. hes strong an can get push but his feet are awful in pass game. just slow as heck
Reply/Quote
Volson stunk today for sure but he was not the only O-lineman to do so in pass protection.

Also expected to be able to get push on 3rd and short this year but apparently that's not the case.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:04 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Agreed. And ours is so poor. First regular season snap of his career and he’s left one on one with Cam Heyward.  No help at all. No back to assist. Just dumb. Plus it doesn’t help that Burrow stood back there and passed up Mixon, Chase and Hurst open on the play to take the sack. Why not motion Mixon in to the backfield.

Remember when they had him swing around to the strong side to try to lay a block on Watt?  That was...interesting.  
Reply/Quote
More standing on bosu balls while pool noodles get swung at them will fix all the issues! Haha
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:45 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Remember when they had him swing around to the strong side to try to lay a block on Watt?  That was...interesting.  

This was particularly troubling to me. I just saw the Watt sack at first. Then I heard the commentator mention Volson pulled and tried to block. I watched him closely in preseason and the dude doesn't move well in space. He's a big guy that moves like a big slow guy. For the coaches to put him in a situation where he has to pull across the line and block the reigning sack leader is beyond ridiculous.

It's week 1 so I'm not gonna overreact about the loss. But what do we have to do to not get Burrow sacked 70 times in a season. Another opener another 7 sack game.
Reply/Quote
It sucked. Good Lord, how bad is Carman?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Scharping was inactive today. I'm not sure how long Volson's leash is, but another game like this should put Max on the first team.

He shouldn't be made out to be some world-beater, but Scharping is a pro that won't be nearly the liability than Volson was today.
Reply/Quote
Just a travesty that a team in win now mode, maybe a top 5 bengals roster ever, has a front office that is willingly being stubborn by relying on a 4th round rookie from North Dakota state

There is the instance of Mike Brown still being Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
Still haven't seen the first half (and won't, now that we lost), but if Volson was truly worse in the first half than he was in the second half (that I did watch), why not bring Carman in?

Again, he played 2 games (1 started and played the whole game) last year and didn't give up nary a sack.

Shouldn't put the eggs in the basket of a guy who can't move laterally, at the OL position you arguably move laterally the MOST.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He HAS to improve from that. There’s nowhere to go but up. I guess that’s about as optimistic as I can be about him right now.

How does one win a position battle by playing like that? Because the competition was Jackson Carman.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Still haven't seen the first half (and won't, now that we lost), but if Volson was truly worse in the first half than he was in the second half (that I did watch), why not bring Carman in?

Again, he played 2 games (1 started and played the whole game) last year and didn't give up nary a sack.

Shouldn't put the eggs in the basket of a guy who can't move laterally, at the OL position you arguably move laterally the MOST.

Scharping is a way better pass protector than Carman. Scharping has 3 years of ok pass blocking under his belt.

Carman is a worse pass blocker than Volson. That’s saying a lot
Reply/Quote