Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vonn Bell returning to the Bengals
Love this!

Sign a quality tackle and this free agency will be our best ever because we'll be set up to make a deep run!

Re-signing Reader would also be nice, but I'm loving these moves ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
They MUST find a spot for Dax this year. After this season they have to declare if they will exercise his 5th year option. If he is still bouncing around Im not sure they can make that move with confidence.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They MUST find a spot for Dax this year.  After this season they have to declare if they will exercise his 5th year option.  If he is still bouncing around Im not sure they can make that move with confidence.

I know that Dax at boundary Corner hasn't been that great before, but I agree with Bfine, he has the skillset to play there with his speed, size
and athleticism. I honestly think he is being set up to be the future Slot Corner for when Hilton leaves though. He is good at defending TE's and
he has good size unlike Hilton who is tiny. The one thing we learned last year is FS was just too much to put on Dax's plate.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how Geno Stone will fit into this.
Reply/Quote
Geno’s FS spot is solidified
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:02 AM)jj22 Wrote: Geno’s FS spot is solidified

We just helped Stone out so he doesn't have to get ran on with us. Between Battle and Vonn they will be able to handle the box.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: We’ll see what the plan is. Battle needs the snaps but I’m not complaining about the return.

Shocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'm calling it Dax beats out Hilton for starting Nickleback!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:07 AM)J24 Wrote: I'm calling it Dax beats out Hilton for starting Nickleback!

Love Mike, but especially on big TE's Dax could be really useful. Use Mike on blitzes, both run and pass, he is great at this.
Reply/Quote
This should help some of the younger guys if nothing else.

Reply/Quote
Hard to complain about getting a guy like bell at vet min.
Reply/Quote
Vonn Bell is basically gravy for us - dropped into our laps AND injects more experience, savvy and leadership into the secondary.
Reply/Quote
Dax Hill a bust, ocnfirmed.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:18 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Dax Hill a bust, ocnfirmed.

Not necessarily. We would have been foolish not to bring Bell in with the lack of experience in the secondary (even with Stone) - most of our issues last season were mental not physical and adding smart players addresses that. 
Reply/Quote
Nice to have him back. The veteran locker room leader is now Vonn Bell instead of Mike Thomas.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:18 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Dax Hill a bust, ocnfirmed.

Guess battle is too? lol…

Dax may never live up to his first round billing as a safety, but he may still be able to contribute in the secondary. Mike Hilton also only has one year left on his deal. Vonn and stone at inexpensive deals gives them a lot of flexibility and might take CB off as such a need. I still want them to bring in someone, but maybe this opens up something else.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:26 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Guess battle is too? lol…

Dax may never live up to his first round billing as a safety,  but he may still be able to contribute in the secondary.  Mike Hilton also only has one year left on his deal.  Vonn and stone at inexpensive deals gives them a lot of flexibility and might take CB off as such a need.  I still want them to bring in someone, but maybe this opens up something else.

Did Conway call this too? Mellow
Reply/Quote
He had a bad hammy for most of last season that really hindered his performance

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Love this!

Sign a quality tackle and this free agency will be our best ever because we'll be set up to make a deep run!

Re-signing Reader would also be nice, but I'm loving these moves ThumbsUp

This is our best ever? I think the year we signed Hendrickson was pretty damn good. Forgot who else we got then. May have been Bell.

Idk, I’m not calling this even a home run. He may be declining in skills. We’ll see if it was age or just a bad system for him in Carolina. We still can’t stop the run.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:28 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did Conway call this too? Mellow

Nah not this one lol. She just had an article with 5 good fits last week. On the local radio show the other day (Monday), she called stone and rankins. Impressive IMo.
Reply/Quote