Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vonn Bell returning to the Bengals
(03-14-2024, 12:29 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: This is our best ever? I think the year we signed Hendrickson was pretty damn good. Forgot who else we got then. May have been Bell.

Idk, I’m not calling this even a home run. He may be declining in skills. We’ll see if it was age or just a bad system for him in Carolina. We still can’t stop the run.

Almost no risk in this move…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure how the snaps divvy up at safety, but I have a strong sense Hill will be in the slot or near the line of scrimmage way more than back at deep safety.
Reply/Quote
I see it now, vs the chiefs:
Boundary, CTB Turner
2 deep, Hill Stone
Nickel dime star: Hilton Battke Bell
Wilson
Hendrickson Rankins Hubbard

That maybe the only team to run that against but it’s in our pocket
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Nah not this one lol.  She just had an article with 5 good fits last week.  On  the local radio show the other day (Monday), she called stone and rankins.  Impressive IMo.

Cool, that was impressive guessing both Stone and Rankins. I also agree with your post I quoted. This doesn't confirm Dax is a bust, it might
confirm that he isn't a Free Safety, at least not yet, but he has too many tools and flashes crazy cool shit at times. Mentally he wasn't there yet
last year and it was only his first year starting.

Think Dax very well could be our future Slot Corner for when Mike leaves.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:28 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did Conway call this too? Mellow

She did just say Becton is visiting the team tomorrow though

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Almost no risk in this move…

Plus as Pally said, Vonn had hammy issues last year with the Panthers that held him back. He doesn't have to start here as we have Battle
and would prefer him to start anyways with his very good rookie campaign.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:45 AM)pally Wrote: She did just say Becton is visiting the team tomorrow though

Thanks Pally, Becton had his best year with Pollack in his rookie year as strange as that is to us and sucked the last two.

He is young. I still like La'el Collins if he is able to play anymore.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:45 AM)pally Wrote: She did just say Becton is visiting the team tomorrow though

Would love to be on the winning end of that reclamation project.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:14 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Mike, but especially on big TE's Dax could be really useful. Use Mike on blitzes, both run and pass, he is great at this.

We like to be 4 deep at CB if Hilton is depth at CB I am ok with that. 
Reply/Quote
I'd imagine:

SS: Battle starts, Bell backs up.

FS: Stone starts, Hill backs up.

But I bet we also play a lot of 3 S looks with Bell or Hill in. Hill will get some snaps at slot corner.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:07 AM)J24 Wrote: I'm calling it Dax beats out Hilton for starting Nickleback!

I'll take that bet...
Reply/Quote
This has to be for a really cheap contract right?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 01:25 AM)Synric Wrote: This has to be for a really cheap contract right?

Bell is still being paid by Carolina, pretty sure it would be for the vet minimum.

Reply/Quote
Why does it feel like we’re back?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Nothing to dislike here and believe Hill will be moved to the CB room.

These moves help unhand cuff the Bengals for the draft as well, and for peanuts on Bell. Enjoying this FA.

Oh and did somebody sat another Card is visiting in Becton ? Coming out of college he looked to be a stud but injuries have derailed that quite a bit. If healthy finally he could pay huge dividends at a reasonable price. He is a massive man and was very agile in college dunking basketballs even. Although not sure he has that back yet, but hoping so.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I imagine a cheap deal, and like someone said, there is really no downside to this. Our defense was at its best with Bell (Bates was here too), but Bell gave a physical veteran presence. He likely won’t start, but will play a lot and be a voice in the ears of the defensive backfield they sorely missed last year.
Reply/Quote
Bell is a great leader and motivator for the team. Love this signing
Reply/Quote
Love it
Reply/Quote
Man, welcome back to the Jungle Vonn Bell!!! One of my favorites ever since the JSS hit that showed the world these were different Bengals. My take on this is a little different though, I do not think this signals anything about Hill being a bust, I think this means Hill has the skillset to play anywhere in the defensive backfield and now Lou can move people around to get the best matchups on the field. That, and this gives Battle a player/coach in regards to making calls. We lost Chido, so Hill is most likely moving to corner. All of a sudden we are deep again.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:18 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Dax Hill a bust, ocnfirmed.

It's amazing how much better a defender can look in college when they know what play the offense called before every snap. Might just cause them to be overdrafted
Reply/Quote