Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vonn Bell returning to the Bengals
Scheme wise I’m intrigued. But Vonn Bell certainly will help. Other than Stone that’s a secondary that can tackle and in the AFC North that’s a good thing.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Safe to say the FO and Coaches were not pleased with the safety's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Glad to see Bell back.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:34 AM)CottonHill Wrote: I see it now, vs the chiefs:
Boundary, CTB Turner
2 deep, Hill Stone
Nickel dime star: Hilton Battke Bell
Wilson
Hendrickson Rankins Hubbard

That maybe the only team to run that against but it’s in our pocket

Cotton, that's pretty good, but dammit stop giving our inside info to KC
Reply/Quote
Thank god

Battle needs to be a sponge

To me Vonn is his direct player comp

Good to know our tackling will automatically be better next season lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Our tackling may get back up to top 5

If we run nickel most the time that’s gonna be Hilton, Bell, CTB on the field.

They aren’t letting shit by them. Obviously hoping DJ Turner continues to surprise us with his tackling but all of our main secondary guys can wrap up and hit, i love it
-Housh
Reply/Quote
This has been confirmed by Vonn's agent

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
They are leaning into fixing the communications and alignment issues on defense which is good. It was aggravating to see our defense getting torched all season not by being physically blown off the line or overpowered but by bad angles, communication errors, basically mental lapses. A Lou defense is complex so mental errors really hurt.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

That's a major score. People complain about the front office, but it seems to me they looked at our weaknesses last year.... lack of pass rush from the D line, lack of communication in the Defensive backfield, and right tackle and have fixed two of the three so far with FA still ongoing and the draft approaching. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's a major score. People complain about the front office, but it seems to me they looked at our weaknesses last year.... lack of pass rush from the D line, lack of communication in the Defensive backfield, and right tackle and have fixed two of the three so far with FA still ongoing and the draft approaching. 

True enough. They also saw the weakness at RB in breaking any tackles / making the first guy miss et al. Moss directly speaks to those weaknesses with being hard to tackle and getting lots of YAC.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Almost no risk in this move…

There is opportunity cost. Now they have Bell and Stone. Is that really the best the could have done? Idk, maybe it is, maybe other free agents would be better.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:31 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Almost no risk in this move…

There is opportunity cost. Now they have Bell and Stone. Is that really the best the could have done? Idk, maybe it is, maybe other free agents would be better.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:31 PM)Joelist Wrote: True enough. They also saw the weakness at RB in breaking any tackles / making the first guy miss et al. Moss directly speaks to those weaknesses with being hard to tackle and getting lots of YAC.

Yes but Opportunity also needs to present itself.

We can have weaknesses, just need to deploy the strengths more to cover that.

I think bringing Von Bell back is great, he can teach Battle and helps with our communication issues.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:29 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: This is our best ever? I think the year we signed Hendrickson was pretty damn good. Forgot who else we got then. May have been Bell.

Idk, I’m not calling this even a home run. He may be declining in skills. We’ll see if it was age or just a bad system for him in Carolina. We still can’t stop the run.

That was a solid year but I'm just thinking in terms of these moves could propel us to win a Super Bowl.

I keep preaching that we need a tackle and that's what I want more than any of these other moves or potential moves, but I just think this is our best ever because we're setting ourself up for a big season.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:42 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: There is opportunity cost. Now they have Bell and Stone. Is that really the best the could have done? Idk, maybe it is, maybe other free agents would be better.

You cry over everything. Battle and Stone are the starting Strong and Free Safety. Bell helps in run Defense, communication and leadership
along with providing great depth. Communication and alignment issues were our biggest problem on Defense last year. Between Stone and 
Bell and the growth of our leaders and the fact that only a year before this last season we were good at stopping the run and tackling I think
we will be much better in these areas.

If you wanted to spend all our money on some other Safety, name him or just quit complaining.

We still have to bring back Reader and add at least 1 RT in FA. I bet your plan would of left us screwed.
Reply/Quote
So Casear, Dax can be pretty good...
Reply/Quote
In case the image above is not working.

GIpMPXAXwAAbNYv

Reply/Quote