Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontaze Burfict!
(05-18-2017, 05:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is he legit shoulder pressing 200 lbs in that picture?  Shocked

Yeah 100 in each hand.
Burfict is one of my favorite players, and when he's at his best our defense rises to another level. Very excited to see him lead the NFL in tackles this year.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-18-2017, 02:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Perhaps he's finally maturing.

It's crazy to think how good he could be if he'd get in great shape.

I tend to agree with you, he's reaching full maturation.  Looks like he's taken his job very seriously, programmed diet, yoga, lifting, etc.  Being genetically gifted will get you to the NFL, but only taking your body seriously will keep you there, and at the top of your game.  Seems like his head is in the right place, as well.  The one comment that stood out to me from his quote the most, was when he mentioned having to do all the small things right, because all the younger guys are watching him.

(05-18-2017, 03:40 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Burfict at his best physically and mentally is something we haven't seen yet and can only mean great things for the team.

I just hope he can keep his head out of harms way and avoid concussions.

We can only hope that part of the maturation process has taught him that in order to play a full career, he needs to protect his head.  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at this point.

(05-18-2017, 05:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is he legit shoulder pressing 200 lbs in that picture?  Shocked

Most likely repping it for 12-15 per set.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Also forgot to mention in my previous post... is drawing praise/rave reviews from Guenther for their offseason a kiss of death? Last time I read something like that it was about how Hunt went back to his Olmypic workout style and Guenther was gushing over it.

EDIT: He does look much slimmer in that video than he did in 2016, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I am a big Vontaz critique but the dude has been a top off the ball LB and perennial DPOY candidate when healthy. We have three guys that are capable of winning that award with Geno and Dunlap. Wouldn't be that surprised if we're the #1 unit this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
"Fat" Burfict was good for 101 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 INTs in only 11 games.

Tbh, I'm a lot less worried about a few extra lbs than some on here, but I do like that he's to the point where he's able to work out muscle groups that he couldn't after his injury. That's encouraging.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Good post Sunset,

Burfict being at a good weight and working out and doing the right things is fantastic !

But what we really need from him (like a few have said) is to get it together between the ears. He has to stop the post whistle stuff, he has to stop the flying missile head down tackles, he has to stop pushing the edge of the rules.

We need him to step up and and play with brains and awareness and truly lead the right way. If he does it will make this defense reach a new level, I hope. I truly believe he's a main key to success.
(05-18-2017, 07:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Fat" Burfict was good for 101 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 INTs in only 11 games.

Tbh, I'm a lot less worried about a few extra lbs than some on here, but I do like that he's to the point where he's able to work out muscle groups that he couldn't after his injury. That's encouraging.

He is better than James Harrison ever thought about being. Dude will be a machine! He will break people! Annnnnnddddddd? I friggin love it!

I wonder if mauluga being gone has helped tez's focus or if he got there on his own. He brings that attitude and edge we need. Shattsburg has several, we could honestly use a few more. I hope Lawson has it too. And billings. And Glasgow.

A full season of a healthy, motivated is a good thing
im not too sure how to embed this, but this too:
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/865299968285966336

I can only imagine how good he is next year, barring no injury

I'm getting so excited, I just pee'd a little. Can't stop the tail from wagging. I'm going to hump my wifes leg!

Wow, good stuff Gohards. I wizzed a little on me cat there.... Shocked
(05-18-2017, 07:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "Fat" Burfict was good for 101 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 INTs in only 11 games.

Right there with you. The fat Burfict narrative got really annoying last year. He played great in almost every game.

That said, if he's in the best shape of his career and feeling good, that's encouraging. 

In his first 4 games he had 20 solo tackles, 9 assisted tackles, 1.0 sack, 2 Pdef

In the 5 games after that he had 50 solo tackles, 12 assisted tackles, 1.0 sack, 5 Pdef, 2 INT, 1 FF

There is no need for quotation marks around fat. Dude came to training camp fat, and came out of suspension out of shape and visibly slower than normal.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I can't wait to see what him and Minter can do. Is it August yet already?!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
(05-18-2017, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Defense should be one of the best in the league barring injuries no question and it is very understandable to
question the O-line after losing both Whit and Zeit after the OL sucking so bad last year. But there is also reasons
to believe they will be better that SHRacerX and i have listed in the OL threads.

Might be great on both sides of the ball yah never know, but i am with you and definately more confident in the D.

In the immortal words of one Chick Ludwig:  

"I am ready to run through a wall with snot bubbles!!!"

This team has something to prove on both sides of the ball.  

They have something they have been lacking on both sides of the ball:  speed.  Speed to stretch the offensive field.  Speed to get the edge and rush the passer.  Speed to cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield.  Speed to stay with WRs downfield.  (Just try and show up out of shape this year, Jones, your ass will be riding pine).  Speed in the backfield.  Speed, speed, speed!!!

They also have BEEF.  Beef on the defensive line.  Billings-  BEEF.  Lawson playing SAM- BEEF.  My nordic viking connection Fej- BEEF (I think we are going to see more of this guy...just a hunch).  And maybe the FA signing from Colorado, Josh Topau- DOUBLE BEEF.

They also have a new kicker!  When was the last time I was excited about that?

Something to prove + SPEED + BEEF + New Kicker = SUPER BOWL VICTORY!!!

(More snot bubbles)
(05-18-2017, 09:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm getting so excited, I just pee'd a little. Can't stop the tail from wagging. I'm going to hump my wifes leg!

Bwahahahaha

I think Piggy just pee'd a little, too.

Or maybe he shat himself a little.  

I hope Burfict hits Piggy so hard he shits himself on National TV and has to run to the sideline having stained his yellow pants.  That would be a perfect ending to that assbag.  
(05-19-2017, 09:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bwahahahaha

I think Piggy just pee'd a little, too.

Or maybe he shat himself a little.  

I hope Burfict hits Piggy so hard he shits himself on National TV and has to run to the sideline having stained his yellow pants.  That would be a perfect ending to that assbag.  

I want Burfict to hit him harder than that. If he dies, he dies!

(05-19-2017, 09:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I want Burfict to hit him harder than that. If he dies, he dies!

Maybe they could see the poop in his pants when they carry him off on a stretcher?  

I don't feel the least bit bad about saying that.  He is the ultimate scum of the earth.  I would just love to see him incredibly embarrassed on National TV, so that is why I am asking for the poop-pants.  
(05-19-2017, 09:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe they could see the poop in his pants when they carry him off on a stretcher?  

I don't feel the least bit bad about saying that.  He is the ultimate scum of the earth.  I would just love to see him incredibly embarrassed on National TV, so that is why I am asking for the poop-pants.  

I agree. Humiliate and annihilate - then exterminate.