Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league
(01-10-2016, 04:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Burfict did not cost us the game, nor did Jones. This loss is on one person who cannot hold onto the ball.....

It took one of our players being knocked out to finally light a fire under this team...I'd say Marv deserves a considerable amount of the blame. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Are you serious? The pass was well incomplete until Burfict got to him. All he had to do was hold up and not even hit him. 

Look at how late this hit is. The ball is WELL incomplete when Burfict hits him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tfLncD3pGM

When the play is watched at full speed, you can clearly see that it was not blatant or late.  Had Brown not been ducking down as he was moving forward, the impact would have been right at chest level, where it is supposed to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When the play is watched at full speed, you can clearly see that it was not blatant or late.  Had Brown not been ducking down as he was moving forward, the impact would have been right at chest level, where it is supposed to be.

Media narrative said it was attempted murder so that's how people see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im not buying into anything that the media is throwing out there. The proof is in the pudding. Dude is dirty. Look at the damn tape. My lord. 

Actually you are. 

The tape doesn't lie, however it can be misinterpreted.

The video you posted, was legal, it is within 5 yrds and it is part of the game to "knock the receiver at the line" to throw off timing.  Just because Williams turns his head, doesn't mean that Burfict did anything wrong with bumping him.  Was it forceful?  Absolutely, but that is what football is.

The hit on Brown, if he "pulls up" he hits Brown with his helmet.  That was a shoulder hit, and you can see him turn his body away from Brown.  It isn't like he launched himself and leading with the crown of his helmet (ahem, Shazier).  Burfict is a big guy, and he was running to make a play at full speed, the ball goes off of Brown's fingertips so it wasn't like Burfict knew Brown wouldn't be able to make the catch.  Brown was also falling into Burfict going in the opposite direction, even a small glancing collision will result in Brown getting clocked, no matter what Burfict did.

Now lets talk about the play that started this whole "Burfict is dirty".  Burfict makes a legal tackle on Bell, and the Steelers, their fans and media hype it up as if Burfict intentionally set out to injure him.  So the refs continued to watch Burfict.  The problem with them spending so much time watching him, they missed far worse calls made by Steeler players.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not helmet to helmet? Are you freaking blind? 

Stop making excuses for this dude. He just lost us the game last night and you people continue to make excuses for this idiot. You and Marvin Lewis would get along great. 

What's your problem dude? And it's not helmet to helmet, someone hasn't watched that video closely. Burfict brings more good to the field than bad, more than you can say about Jeremy HIll. You wouldn't have made this thread if Hill didn't fumble.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:00 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: It took one of our players being knocked out to finally light a fire under this team...I'd say Marv deserves a considerable amount of the blame. 

Defense played well the entire game, other than the stupid penalties. 

Where was Hue's offense at? Marvin and Hue both crapped down their leg. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What's your problem dude? And it's not helmet to helmet, someone hasn't watched that video closely. Burfict brings more good to the field than bad, more than you can say about Jeremy HIll. You wouldn't have made this thread if Hill didn't fumble.

How can you honestly sit here and say that hit wasn't helmet to helmet? I honestly think youre just trolling at this point. 

If Hill didn't fumble then we wouldn't have been in that position, obviously. So yeah, you're right. I wouldn't have made this thread.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How can you honestly sit here and say that hit wasn't helmet to helmet? I honestly think youre just trolling at this point. 

It wasn't helmet to helmet. Not sure why this thread exists. Burfict is the best defensive player on our team with the most impact, too bad he contributed to the loss of the game, he also made an interception that should have ended the game.

Like I said if Hill didn't fumble, you don't make this thread and don't think such idiotic thoughts, but I don't know - you don't seem that smart, so maybe you would have anyway. Now you edit your post and say you wouldn't have thought like that, so again what's the point of this post?

Go make a post about cutting Hill, that, the majority will agree with.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not helmet to helmet? Are you freaking blind? 

Stop making excuses for this dude. He just lost us the game last night and you people continue to make excuses for this idiot. You and Marvin Lewis would get along great. 

J. Hill had far more to do with us losing.

Plus without Burflict intercepting and a key sack we probably aren't even ahead.

Those would be facts.

I think Burflict is a great football player (skill-wise), but he needs to change his mindset.  He's a loose cannon.  He'll make fantastic plays and follow them with bone-headed ones.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It wasn't helmet to helmet. Not sure why this thread exists. Burfict is the best defensive player on our team with the most impact, too bad he contributed to the loss of the game, he also made an interception that should have ended the game.

Like I said if Hill didn't fumble, you don't make this thread and don't think such idiotic thoughts, but I don't know - you don't seem that smart, so maybe you would have anyway. Now you edit your post and say you wouldn't have thought like that, so again what's the point of this post?

Go make a post about cutting Hill, that, the majority will agree with.

He's the second best defensive player on this team. Geno is the best. 

And yeah, if Hill doesn't fumble then we wouldn't be having this discussion because the play would have never happened. Obviously. So just stop with that idiotic logic. Because Hill did fumble and the play did happen. 

Hill is to blame, but so is Burfict. They both cost us. This thread isn't about Hill, though. So stop freaking bringing him up. 

The point of this thread is to call out Vontez for being a dirty player and that he needs to be held accountable. Im not sure how exactly thats an idiotic thought, especially after what happened last night. 
Reply/Quote
Honestly, someone needs to stand up for us and Vontaze is the only guy who seems to want to do it.

We always ask for our players to show some emotion, to show the desire to beat this Steelers unit down into the turf. Well, Vontaze is that guy.... like it or not.

The Steelers love to dish it out but can't take it, and that's why they don't like Burfict. Any complaints they have about Burfict are hypocritical.

Burfict is an AFCN LB thru and thru, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Reply/Quote
I disagree.
The Bengals are too soft without Burfict.

We need to continue to develop the Steeler attitude that you "do whatever it takes to win." Even if that means you get a penalty here and there. We are getting there. That's why the Steelers are calling us dirty.

Believe me, if Burfict was a Steeler, they would be praising as the next great future HOF'er.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:17 PM)EatonFan Wrote: J. Hill had far more to do with us losing.

Plus without Burflict intercepting and a key sack we probably aren't even ahead.

Those would be facts.

I think Burflict is a great football player (skill-wise), but he needs to change his mindset.  He's a loose cannon.  He'll make fantastic plays and follow them with bone-headed ones.

Hill cost us. No doubt about it. 

My point exactly. Hes a dirty player and needs to be held accountable. 
Reply/Quote
P.S. I think I'm gonna order a jersey, the are probably cheap right now!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I disagree.
The Bengals are too soft without Burfict.

We need to continue to develop the Steeler attitude that you "do whatever it takes ro win." Even if that means you get a penalty here and there. We are getting there. That's why the Steelers are calling us dirty.

Believe me, if Burfict was a Steeler, they would be praising as the next great future HOF'er.

I honestly can't believe some of the things people are saying in this thread. We literally did that last night and it cost us the game. You can play tough and hard without being stupid about it. My head freaking hurts. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals getting killed by the media & the Steelers get another pass. Bang Head Should be used to it by now,
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I honestly can't believe some of the things people are saying in this thread. We literally did that last night and it cost us the game. You can play tough and hard without being stupid about it. My head freaking hurts. 

Are you kidding me? Two teams played dirty last night. One had the refs up their ass the whole game and the other got away with anything they could. If the Bengals were the bigger market team, they would have won those calls last night. Don't let the money factor sneak right by you. The Steelers bring in more revenue and the NFL knows that. They put the Bengals back in their place as a small market team.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Are you kidding me? Two teams played dirty last night. One had the refs up their ass the whole game and the other got away with anything they could. If the Bengals were the bigger market team, they would have won those calls last night. Don't let the money factor sneak right by you. The Steelers bring in more revenue and the NFL knows that. They put the Bengals back in their place as a small market team.

You have got to be kidding me.... 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Media narrative said it was attempted murder so that's how people see it.

While the hit on Gio was ... unfortunate.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You have got to be kidding me.... 

I'm not. If it was Pitt @ NE (as it will be this weekend) there would have been offsetting penalties or no penalty at all (Adam Jones incident). Instead its the Bengals, and what happened happens.
Reply/Quote