Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league
(01-10-2016, 05:27 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Are you kidding me? Two teams played dirty last night. One had the refs up their ass the whole game and the other got away with anything they could. If the Bengals were the bigger market team, they would have won those calls last night. Don't let the money factor sneak right by you. The Steelers bring in more revenue and the NFL knows that. They put the Bengals back in their place as a small market team.
I don't uderstand people trying to use this as an argument.  That is all the more reason that the NFL wants other teams to succeed, so they can up the merchandise sold across the board.

Do you think that members of other fan bases are going to go out and buy Steeler gear if they succeed?  No.  Will they buy more of their own teams gear because the Steelers win?  No.  The Steelers large fan base will still be buying that gear.  But success of the other franchises increases the revenue created by the other franchises.

Look at how much merchandising money the Seahawks raked into the league over the last 3 seasons that was definitely not being sold prior.

In order for that argument to have any merit, the Cowboys have to be on top of the league every year.  And we all know that is far from the case.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 05:46 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I don't uderstand people trying to use this as an argument.  That is all the more reason that the NFL wants other teams to succeed, so they can up the merchandise sold across the board.

Do you think that members of other fan bases are going to go out and buy Steeler gear if they succeed?  No.  Will they buy more of their own teams gear because the Steelers win?  No.  The Steelers large fan base will still be buying that gear.  But success of the other franchises increases the revenue created by the other franchises.

Look at how much merchandising money the Seahawks raked into the league over the last 3 seasons that was definitely not being sold prior.

In order for that argument to have any merit, the Cowboys have to be on top of the league every year.  And we all know that is far from the case.

No you're right and I'm just being a snarky biznatch because of the game

BUT

It's easier for a free agent fan to jump on the steelers bandwagon than on that of the Cincinnati bengals. There is some perception about this team that makes most fans not want to touch us with a 10 foot pole. If you had the opportunity to let one of these teams continue on and gather up bandwagon fans along the way, you would choose the Steelers. They have history and are warm and welcoming to any new scrub that throws on a Ben R jersey. The Bengals on the other hand are hard to root for. Why buy a jersey of a team that is going to get you made fun of every bar you go to?

It seems that letting the Steelers progress onward would lead to more revenue than if you let the wishy washy Bengals continue on.

Once again, this is snarky unfactual biased anger being channeled from me.. but meh whatever Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Are you serious? The pass was well incomplete until Burfict got to him. All he had to do was hold up and not even hit him. 

Look at how late this hit is. The ball is WELL incomplete when Burfict hits him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tfLncD3pGM

Perhaps you should look at the very video YOU posted.  Antonio Browns left foot (2nd foot) BARELY touches the ground prior to contact.  Even is SUPER slow motion, count how long the second foot was on the ground prior to contact.  In fact you could say the contact with Brown, and Browns 2nd foot making contact with the ground happened simultaneously.  There was absolutely NO WAY for Burfict to see the ball was incomplete, and then pull up at the same time any better than what he did.  JUST watch the video that you posted. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:16 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Perhaps you should look at the very video YOU posted.  Antonio Browns left foot (2nd foot) BARELY touches the ground prior to contact.  Even is SUPER slow motion, count how long the second foot was on the ground prior to contact.  In fact you could say the contact with Brown, and Browns 2nd foot making contact with the ground happened simultaneously.  There was absolutely NO WAY for Burfict to see the ball was incomplete, and then pull up at the same time any better than what he did.  JUST watch the video that you posted. 

Well Burfict doesn't lower his head until after the ball goes by, so he should have seen it pretty clearly.  It was directly in front of him
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Well Burfict doesn't lower his head until after the ball goes by, so he should have seen it pretty clearly.  It was directly in front of him

He doesn't lower his head. He tucks the shoulder and turns.
If he wanted to, he could have crippled Brown a la Jack Tatum. 
Reply/Quote
Vontaze Burfict singlehandedly won the game last night with a sack and an interception. Jeremy Hill fumbled it away.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:43 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Sorry dude. That's within 5 yards. The problem is he's not watching ("defenseless"), but that's not even helmet to helmet. You can ask a guy to try and hit lighter, so you don't hurt them. That's pathetic, don't ride that train. Every other team in the league wants Burfict except those who have integrity and accept losing. Which team is that? Even the Browns have no integrity and they accept being perennial losers.

Yeah, and he is sharing a video from some turd Raven fan?  Whatever.

Nothing like a guy that worshipped a double-murderer calling your team dirty.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, and he is sharing a video from some turd Raven fan?  Whatever.

Nothing like a guy that worshipped a double-murderer calling your team dirty.

It's actually pretty much textbook on how to defend that route. Ray Lewis made a living doing this to guys. Within 5 yards it was legal. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He doesn't lower his head. He tucks the shoulder and turns.
If he wanted to, he could have crippled Brown a la Jack Tatum. 

Tucked the shoulder down and turned into him.

People are saying he didn't have time to react and prevent it, but it's funny that Vinny Rey throws his arm up in celebration before Tez even comes into the frame.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Tucked the shoulder down and turned into him.

People are saying he didn't have time to react and prevent it, but it's funny that Vinny Rey throws his arm up in celebration before Tez even comes into the frame.

He's turning his head away to avoid helmet to helmet contact.
Contact was inevitable. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Tucked the shoulder down and turned into him.

Are you seriously this blind?  Or are you merely attempting to TROLL?  Vinny Rey was trying to deflect the pass.  Where in the hell do you see him throwing his hands up in celebration?
Reply/Quote
Christ... we barely have guys serviceable at LB yet we want to send a player like Burfict packing?

Hopefully this will be a learning moment in a young players formation.

Bring on the critics because VB will have that and the loss to chew on in the off-season.

That's a "wait and see" I'm willing to gamble on.

It took far too long to get a LB of his abilities to be on our roster.

I'm not calling him dirty and giving up on him for this.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:04 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Are you seriously this blind?  Or are you merely attempting to TROLL?  Vinny Rey was trying to deflect the pass.  Where in the hell do you see him throwing his hands up in celebration?

His flailing at the end of the play is clearly a weird seizure-esque celebration...not really but still....
Reply/Quote
Has Vontaze spoken publicly, about the hit? I've looked, and can't find anything. If he has, I'd really like to read what he had to say about the hit.

For the record, I am of the opinion that the contact to the head was incidental, and not intentional. Watching the video from multiple angles, at real time speed, clearly shows that contact of any kind was unavoidable. In my opinion, if Burfict wanted to, and had taken the cheap shot, Brown would be in the hospital today.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Has Vontaze spoken publicly, about the hit?  I've looked, and can't find anything.  If he has, I'd really like to read what he had to say about the hit.

For the record, I am of the opinion that the contact to the head was incidental, and not intentional.  Watching the video from multiple angles, at real time speed, clearly shows that contact of any kind was unavoidable.  In my opinion, if Burfict wanted to, and had taken the cheap shot, Brown would be in the hospital today.

I won't argue against the flag, but I agree it was incidental. You almost have to flag that based on the rules.
The problem lies with what WAS NOT flagged by the refs earlier. It sets a terrible precedent 
Reply/Quote
I'm not pissed at Burfict. He was playing with the same intensity in which he always plays. Dude plain don't mess around. I love the fact he is on our D. Is he a thug? Well, I don't think so but even if he is, who cares? We have long needed his talent and aggression on this defense. One who gets punched and punches back. It keeps the competition in check. We will not be bullied as long as he is back there. I hate the outcome last night just as much, if not more than anyone. However I wont throw Burfict under the bus because of it. Without him and his leadership, we don't even play that playoff game last night.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Christ...  we barely have guys serviceable at LB yet we want to send a player like Burfict packing?

Hopefully this will be a learning moment in a young players formation.

Bring on the critics because VB will have that and the loss to chew on in the off-season.

That's a "wait and see" I'm willing to gamble on.

It took far too long to get a LB of his abilities to be on our roster.

I'm not calling him dirty and giving up on him for this.

Who said anything about sending Burfict packing? Read the original post. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:04 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Are you seriously this blind?  Or are you merely attempting to TROLL?  Vinny Rey was trying to deflect the pass.  Where in the hell do you see him throwing his hands up in celebration?

I stand corrected.

I wasn't even paying attention to Rey initially from the sideline view.  The end zone view replay is after the ball clears Bryant, and Rey's arms look like celebration.  When I restarted it I was going frame by frame watching Tez and the ball, jogging back and forth focused on those points.  When I stopped doing so (still paused, of course) I glanced to the other side of the frame and saw Rey's arm up, leading me to believe that was the celebration.

After watching it again it was clear that I was mistaken about Vinny.
Reply/Quote
Within 5 yards.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Who said anything about sending Burfict packing? Read the original post. 

I get that.  I didn't quote you either. 

There those who are down on VB and want him gone .

That's who I'm referring to.

Sorry about that.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote