Todd Haley
7.27%
4 7.27%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voting Thread: Pick the new HC
Also as TLL and i mentioned in the other thread Robiskie the OC for the Titans would be a great grab.

Love the old school Offensive style of Robiskie.
Reply/Quote
I went with McDaniels.

I want a new culture for the organization, and decided to pluck from the Belichick tree. It was really a toss up between McDaniels and Patricia with McDaniels winning out simply because I don't know much about Patricia.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In the end i voted for Matt Patricia, i want a younger coach and this guy has worked under the best.

The most realistic is Joseph, but he has not done all too great in Miami.

McDaniels would be my 2nd choice, McCarthy or Fox would be good guys with experience.

Coughlin i wanted years ago, he is getting up there now though in age.

Is half a season enough to judge his DC ability by?  As far as I can tell, he has that defense improving and moving forward.  The man seems to know his trade, is a strong communicator, and most important to me, he holds people accountable.  Anyway, I chose to judge him from his time with the Bengals, and the impact that has been felt since his departure.

Btw, no problem with your selection of Matt Patricia. I think he is a talented coach, groomed by the best in the game. I just can't see him being comfortable in the Bengals organization, after coming up in the model of excellence that is New England.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I picked McCarthy because he is the most accomplished name on the list. You don't see that kind of success by accident and you must be doing something right other than letting your QB carry the team. 

If not McCarthy I would prefer a defensive minded coach. I really think that Dalton and Green have hit a point where they don't need a perfect offensive system, they just need competency from the surrounding cast. The defense used to be a major strength, and a lot of the core players on D should still have a lot of good years left in them. Perhaps a new approach would help to rediscover the defense's dominant ways.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 02:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Btw, no problem with your selection of Matt Patricia.  I think he is a talented coach, groomed by the best in the game.  I just can't see him being comfortable in the Bengals organization, after coming up in the model of excellence that is New England.

I voted for McDaniels but Patricia was a close second. He's an interesting cat for sure.

As to whether he would come here or not...he interviewed for the Browns job and was scheduled to interview with the Dolphins until Gase was hired...so I'd have to think he would definitely be interested in the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 03:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I voted for McDaniels but Patricia was a close second. He's an interesting cat for sure.

As to whether he would come here or not...he interviewed for the Browns job and was scheduled to interview with the Dolphins until Gase was hired...so I'd have to think he would definitely be interested in the Bengals.

McDaniels or Patricia would be fine with me too, mainly because they are from Belichick's system and not the Bengals. I'd like a fresh start, and my hopes are when Marvin leaves, so goes Mike Brown. Turn it over to Katie and her staff, and give everyone involved a chance to turn a new leaf. It's time for the next generation around here.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I picked Joseph simply because he knows the organization and he knows the players and what they can do.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 04:36 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: McDaniels or Patricia would be fine with me too, mainly because they are from Belichick's system and not the Bengals. I'd like a fresh start, and my hopes are when Marvin leaves, so goes Mike Brown. Turn it over to Katie and her staff, and give everyone involved a chance to turn a new leaf. It's time for the next generation around here.
None of this really matters as long as Mikey is in charge of the franchise. Sad
Reply/Quote
I voted for Matt Patricia because I dated a woman named Patricia and she was hot!
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
To be honest I'd take a trained monkey over Marvin right now, I'm just that fed up with him and this bunch. Having said that in a close race I went with McDaniels.
Reply/Quote
I don't get all the love for McDaniels, he's not that good. Always reminded me of lane kiffin
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 08:33 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted for Matt Patricia because I dated a woman named Patricia and she was hot!
This... This is how "important" decisions should be made. I personally like Matt Patricia because he's a rocket scientist. He's also young. This organization NEEDS rejuvenated.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 08:33 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted for Matt Patricia because I dated a woman named Patricia and she was hot!

C'mon now tell the truth....you actually dated a woman who looked like Matt Patricia.  
Reply/Quote
Todd Haley. He took a team known for its D and turned it into an offensive dynamo.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'll take the only guy on this list with a Lombardi and tons of playoff wins on his resume as a Head Coach. We've never had a guy with that kind of resume in Cincinnati, so heck yeah I'd jump all over that. Not to mention that I want an offensive minded coach after 14 years of Marv and 3 years of Lebeau. I have to laugh at any Bengals fan who scoffs at a coach as decorated as McCarthy. We'd be lucky to have him.

Also, fwiw, McCarthy never had full control in GB, so it's quite possible he'd be more than willing to swap out Ted Thompson for Tobin and co.

Not sure I understanding the love fest for Vance. Ever since it was announced that we blocked him from a promotion a couple years ago, people just ran with that like he was some brilliant up and comer. He can't even turn around Miami's defense, but we want to give him the keys to this team for 5-10 years? Over a proven winner with a sparkling playoff resume?

Also not sure about any NE assistant. How many of their coordinators have flopped as head coaches? Including McDaniel, who was a nightmare in Denver. Bill O'Brien is the only one who has had even modest success. Bill makes a lot of people look good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Todd Haley. He took a team known for its D and turned it into an offensive dynamo.

I would see him as a consolation prize. 

1. He's a (good) offensive minded coach
2. We'd be stealing a key coach from a rival

His run in KC was kinda blah and he rubs some players the wrong way, but overall I think he'd be worth a shot.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 12:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll take the only guy on this list with a Lombardi and tons of playoff wins on his resume as a Head Coach. We've never had a guy with that kind of resume in Cincinnati, so heck yeah I'd jump all over that. Not to mention that I want an offensive minded coach after 14 years of Marv and 3 years of Lebeau. I have to laugh at any Bengals fan who scoffs at a coach as decorated as McCarthy. We'd be lucky to have him.

Also, fwiw, McCarthy never had full control in GB, so it's quite possible he'd be more than willing to swap out Ted Thompson for Tobin and co.

Not sure I understanding the love fest for Vance. Ever since it was announced that we blocked him from a promotion a couple years ago, people just ran with that like he was some brilliant up and comer. He can't even turn around Miami's defense, but we want to give him the keys to this team for 5-10 years? Over a proven winner with a sparkling playoff resume?

Also not sure about any NE assistant. How many of their coordinators have flopped as head coaches? Including McDaniel, who was a nightmare in Denver. Bill O'Brien is the only one who has had even modest success. Bill makes a lot of people look good.
From what I gather the main reason why McCarthy would leave GreenBay is because they do not spend on outside freeagents. If that is the case I find hard to believe that he would want to come here. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Honestly I like Joseph better than anyone. This team loves spending firsts on DBs and he knows how to coach them. Maybe he could salvage Dennard and get the most out of Shaw and Jackson.

Keep the offensive staff, because we know wholesale change is likely not happening and let Joseph gut the shit show that currently coaches this D. The drop off is unacceptable. Let him bring in his own group on his side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 01:09 AM)J24 Wrote: From what I gather the main reason why McCarthy would leave GreenBay is because they do not spend on outside freeagents. If that is the case I find hard to believe that he would want to come here. 

McCarthy has mentioned displeasure with that, but I don't think he'll be leaving GB by his own choice. Fwiw, even the Bengals are more active than GB in FA. It's possible you're right though. Impossible to know right now.
Reply/Quote
Shanahan. Smart coach, can use what he has to win. And he's got no problem being honest about things.
Reply/Quote