Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEAR the F#@king Knee Brace!
FOR THE LOVE OF G-D, force Burrow to wear a knee brace!

I remember numerous times last season when that brace kept his knee from being twisted or bent in completely unnatural directions.

Is he insane?

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/joe-burrow-practices-without-knee-brace-may-not-wear-one-this-season
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 06:31 PM)jabor Wrote: FOR THE LOVE OF G-D, force Burrow to wear a knee brace!

I remember numerous times last season when that brace kept his knee from being twisted or bent in completely unnatural directions.

Is he insane?

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/joe-burrow-practices-without-knee-brace-may-not-wear-one-this-season

There is little/no proof that the brace actually does anything in preventing ACL tears, but does offer some MCL protection. I think in most cases it's more a psychological thing.
Reply/Quote
It limits his mobility coming out of college that was a big part of his game. He was a poor man's Josh Allen in the mobility department
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 06:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is little/no proof that the brace actually does anything in preventing ACL tears, but does offer some MCL protection. I think in most cases it's more a psychological thing.

That sounds nice, but I specifically remember a few times that defensive players fell on his knee while it was in an awkward position. It seems like such a common sense thing to wear.
Reply/Quote
He did say he hasn't determined if he ill wear it during games or not.

Quote:“Yeah, it’s fun,” Burrow said of shedding the brace. “I don’t really like wearing that thing, so it’s good to have that off.”

He said it’s “to be determined” whether he will play without the brace.

“I don’t anticipate wearing it but maybe get to game day and feel a little more comfortable having it on, so we’ll see,” Burrow said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 06:48 PM)jabor Wrote: That sounds nice, but I specifically remember a few times that defensive players fell on his knee while it was in an awkward position. It seems like such a common sense thing to wear.

No offense but the multiple scientific studies are probably a better source on this than you “remember seeing” things. Some studies have actually suggested the braces could lead to more injuries in certain circumstances.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 06:48 PM)jabor Wrote: That sounds nice, but I specifically remember a few times that defensive players fell on his knee while it was in an awkward position. It seems like such a common sense thing to wear.

I’d be surprised if a knee brace helped much against a 300 lb man hitting you at an awkward angle. I wore one when I played football and I remember it making me more confident in my knee but I ended up taking it off. I’ve heard of the studies that AU mentioned but I haven’t look into them in depth.
Reply/Quote
Hasn’t Brady worn one ever since his knee injury? He was obviously never anywhere near as mobile as Burrow though.

Reply/Quote
If the knee is still unstable then of course a knee brace helps. If the knee is 100% then it can be debated. I have a feeling when opening Day occurs JB will be out there with the brace on.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If I were superstitious I'd point out that we made it to the SB when he wore the thing.
Reply/Quote
I have utmost confidence in joe’s decision making.

(Feels amazing saying that about a bengal btw)
Reply/Quote
I saw a comment online that wearing a brace too much weakens the joints because they don't get stressed and build strength.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
I'd imagine those medical professionals advising Joe are smarter than us on the matter.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 06:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is little/no proof that the brace actually does anything in preventing ACL tears, but does offer some MCL protection. I think in most cases it's more a psychological thing.

He wants to be comfortable as well and there isn't any people out there trying to hit him right now...

PUT A ***** DRESS ON HIM!!!
Reply/Quote
Soak it in cider. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 08:58 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I have utmost confidence in joe’s decision making.  

(Feels amazing saying that about a bengal btw)

Yeah.

I'm pretty sure that Joe knows his knee better than any of us and he's not going to risk a hundred million dollars (probably more) over the course of his career if he's not 100% sure that playing without the brace is the best move.
Reply/Quote
The heated debate from both camps leads me to believe that both sides are in fact wrong and that the true solution is more Hegelian than Clauswistian. A compression sleeve it is!
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2022, 12:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Soak it in cider. Ninja

Are you talking about the Cider made by Dicken's?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 09:43 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I saw a comment online that wearing a brace too much weakens the joints because they don't get stressed and build strength.

That's only if you wear one constantly in daily life.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 10:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd imagine those medical professionals advising Joe are smarter than us on the matter.

Yep
Reply/Quote