Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WELCOME Even McPherson, Florida, Kicker
(05-02-2021, 01:17 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If McPherson is our opening day kicker, he'll be our first opening day rookie kicker since Neil Rackers in 2000.

Poor Neil "Butt Crackers".  His folks wore these shirts "Rackers Backers" to the early games.  They stopped wearing them pretty early on probably for safety reasons.  He struggled, in large part, due to the horrible turf at PBS.  Once he went to AZ, he made the Pro Bowl. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
5th round pick/McPherson will bring great value if he can come in here and hold the job down for the next several years.

Watched him at Florida and he's the real deal.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would have preferred Even's twin brother Evan

I hear he’s kind of an oddball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I see both sides. Evan was definitely my kicker of choice. But we took him at the top of the 5th when there were plenty of playmakers on the board. I can't speak for the Bengals' brass, but I wouldn't doubt we were planning to take a skill player or DB at 190- until we got there and realized it was slim pickings. Looking back with 20/20 hindsight I'd probably grab my guy at 149 (Gainwell, Fehoko, Powell, Jean-Charles, Hufanga, Wade- whoever it happens to be) and take my chances on our kicker making it to the top of R6. After all, we were the only team desperately in the market for one, as shown by the fact that we were the only team to pick one.

Still, what's done is done. I'm glad we don't have to worry about a kicker for the next 5-6 years and hopefully McPherson can blossom in the Jungle the way that Huber has. He's young, in shape lol, and I much prefer his form to Borregales'- whose line drives don't bode well for the pros imo. Not sure how he'll handle AFCN weather but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Grab the guy who knows how to get the ball off the ground and out of hand's...er, harm's... way, and he'll learn how to fight the elements when he gets here.
Reply/Quote