Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WILD rumors going around about Chase...
(10-28-2022, 05:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Breaking: Ja’Marr Chase is NOT going on IR, a source tells @theScore.

Injury specifics: I’m told the #Bengals’ All-Pro WR sustained a hairline hip fracture and torn labrum.

torn labrums are not ideal
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: torn labrums are not ideal

If it's the arm.

It's a hip labral tear. That can be either painful or you can go years without knowing it's torn.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Breaking: Ja’Marr Chase is NOT going on IR, a source tells @theScore.

Injury specifics: I’m told the #Bengals’ All-Pro WR sustained a hairline hip fracture and torn labrum.

Wtf is going on. I need some ***** clarification from the team. The only one that matters here is my Bengals Board brothers and I. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/SICscore/status/1585765333356290048?s=20

Here's the play allegedly. I guess that fake injury pull gesture wasn't fake after all
Reply/Quote
A torn labrum in the hip is pretty damn bad. Given the timeline, Chase is probably just going to do PT and try to play through. Surgery is normally needed to fix it and that’s a 4-6 month recovery time.
Reply/Quote
They need to make it a number one priority to get him healthy and not bring him back too early. We want him and Burrow together for the next decade. Get the man healthy and let everyone else step it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: A torn labrum in the hip is pretty damn bad. Given the timeline, Chase is probably just going to do PT and try to play through. Surgery is normally needed to fix it and that’s a 4-6 month recovery time.

What are you basing that on? According to John Hopkins everything you said is wrong.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/hip-labral-tear#:~:text=Torn%20hip%20labrum%20may%20cause,treated%20with%20or%20without%20surgery.

"Hip labral tears can be treated with or without surgery. If surgery is needed, it can be done with a minimally invasive approach."

"If your hip labral tear is severe, or if you are still in pain after trying nonsurgical options, your doctor may recommend surgery. The most common surgery to repair hip labral tears is arthroscopic surgery."

"Arthroscopic surgery is typically an outpatient procedure, which means you can go home the same day. After your hip labrum repair, you will be able to return to low-impact activities such as walking almost immediately. Your surgeon will refer you to a physical therapist to start exercising your hip to restore your range of motion and strengthen the joint.

If your job is in a low-activity environment, such as an office job, you may be able to return to work in one to two weeks after your hip labral tear surgery. If your job puts significant stress on the hip, you can work with your physical therapists to determine a safe return date or discuss job modifications with your employer to allow you to ease back into work as you recover."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:24 PM)tms Wrote: And then they'll deny it. Then what? You act like there's nobody else who could have been the source... like, oh I dunno, someone with the team itself?! Some temp who was aware of the story that was about to break and decided to get some social media cred? Someone else?! 

Not all of us live in fear the way that you appear to. Your premise relies on the doctor themselves not only posting the information on REDDIT (which is absurd) and being so paranoid about it that they'd feel the need to delete said post before they were caught (doubly absurd), but that an "internal investigation" would be launched because the consequences would be so dire, the smoking gun so clear and the lines pointing back to them so undeniable that they'd feel their career itself was in jeopardy (absurd beyond comprehension). 

This is why I love the Internet, man. Our arguments are so presumptuous and the will to believe so intense that even the most harebrained theories get a platform. We'll connect any two points because the practical realities and logic of everyday life needn't apply. The pieces fit so neatly... even when they don't. Keep it comin' lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM62wjLrgmA&ab_channel=TOOLVEVO

There's so much wrong here, which means you didn't bother reading what i wrote, that i'm not going to even bother. 

Hasta la vista, baby. 

P.S. I went ahead and highlighted the silly stuff. I'm guessing that you're getting me mixed up with whoever it was that you were talking to before i replied. You go on living in your own little world, holmes. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

This is breaching doctor/patient confidentiality! Someone had better be looking out for their job rn! Investigation about to be launched! HIPAA violation! Or something like that lol
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's so much wrong here, which means you didn't bother reading what i wrote, that i'm not going to even bother. 

Hasta la vista, baby. 

P.S. I went ahead and highlighted the silly stuff. I'm guessing that you're getting me mixed up with whoever it was that you were talking to before i replied. You go on living in your own little world, holmes. 

I'm glad you said this. YOU were the one who interrupted, and then put words in my mouth without context and started arguing an unrelated point. That's what precipitated all of this. But projection is one of your strong points so go on living in your own little world, holmes. Be more careful next time lol
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: What are you basing that on? According to John Hopkins everything you said is wrong.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/hip-labral-tear#:~:text=Torn%20hip%20labrum%20may%20cause,treated%20with%20or%20without%20surgery.

Personal experience. My wife has had three labrum surgeries and each time she was down 4-6 months. Your own link states that you can return sooner if your job is low impact, but doesn’t provide a timeline for athletes or high stress jobs. Here are a couple links to back that up…

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17756-hip-labral-tear

https://www.americanhipinstitute.com/blog/heres-what-to-expect-during-your-hip-labral-tear-recovery-a-timeline-overview-30778.html
Reply/Quote
I have come to the conclusion that none of us, or anyone on the internet, has any idea what the **** they are talking about in relation to the Chase injury.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:42 PM)tms Wrote: I'm glad you said this. YOU were the one who interrupted, and then put words in my mouth without context and started arguing an unrelated point. That's what precipitated all of this. But projection is one of your strong points so go on living in your own little world, holmes. Be more careful next time lol

There's no such thing as interrupting on a message board. 

I never said you said anything you didn't say. If you can point it out, i'll be happy to apologize. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:43 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Personal experience. My wife has had three labrum surgeries and each time she was down 4-6 months. Your own link states that you can return sooner if your job is low impact, but doesn’t provide a timeline for athletes or high stress jobs. Here are a couple links to back that up…

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/17756-hip-labral-tear

https://www.americanhipinstitute.com/blog/heres-what-to-expect-during-your-hip-labral-tear-recovery-a-timeline-overview-30778.html

I don’t know if what you say is true or not but if it is then under what scenario could he possibly return this year and not risk hurting himself further.  Chase is an elite athlete who is subject to constant high impact and trauma soooo everything  you said seems to suggest that he shouldn’t play the rest of the year 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have come to the conclusion that none of us, or anyone on the internet, has any idea what the **** they are talking about in relation to the Chase injury.

That's a bingo.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have come to the conclusion that none of us, or anyone on the internet, has any idea what the **** they are talking about in relation to the Chase injury.

100% accurate 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:49 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I don’t know if what you say is true or not but if it is then under what scenario could he possibly return this year and not risk hurting himself further.  Chase is an elite athlete who is subject to constant high impact and trauma soooo everything  you said seems to suggest that he shouldn’t play the rest of the year 

It depends on how bad is tear is, I would guess, but I’m definitely not making it up. My wife was in a wheelchair for one week, crutches/walker for a couple of weeks after that, and she was able to hobble around. It was roughly 4-6 months before she went back to playing sports or doing strenuous activity.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Did someone say ‘Ron Mexico’?

It’s like Beetlejuice. Say it 3 times and he’ll appear.

Probably wrong but wasn't your user name on the Mothership "Ron Mexico" 

May be getting confused with someone else though, but it was a classic user name at the time. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It depends on how bad is tear is, I would guess, but I’m definitely not making it up. My wife was in a wheelchair for one week, crutches/walker for a couple of weeks after that, and she was able to hobble around. It was roughly 4-6 months before she went back to playing sports or doing strenuous activity.

I fully believe you. I would just leave room for the fact that it varies from patient to patient (I'm not saying you're not). I had appendicitis, for example, and then seeing doomsdayers here speculate about what Joe Burrow was going through had me questioning my own experience lol. Some cases are more severe than others, I guess. We don't know what Chase is dealing with one way or the other. The fact that NFL teams are not exactly honest brokers when it comes to injuries only complicates it further- at least it does for me.   
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Growth spurt at 22? Say what???

males can grow up until about 25 though most of the growth comes before age 20.  It all depends on when the growth plates close

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote