Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WILD rumors going around about Chase...
(10-28-2022, 12:33 PM)Tomkat Wrote: No, no... just no.

Natural grass can be just as bad, especially when it can essentially be destroyed by just ONE game in pouring rain.
It's 2022... we should be able to just create better artificial turf.

That's not the view of the NFLPA.

"The data supports the anecdotes you’ll hear from me and other players: artificial turf is significantly harder on the body than grass. Based on NFL injury data collected from 2012 to 2018, not only was the contact injury rate for lower extremities higher during practices and games held on artificial turf, NFL players consistently experienced a much higher rate of non-contact lower extremity injuries on turf compared to natural surfaces. Specifically, players have a 28% higher rate of non-contact lower extremity injuries when playing on artificial turf. Of those non-contact injuries, players have a 32% higher rate of non-contact knee injuries on turf and a staggering 69% higher rate of non-contact foot/ankle injuries on turf compared to grass."

"There is no guarantee that artificial turf manufacturers will be able to create a product that provides as safe of a surface as natural grass, so we should not sit around hoping that happens. Until a product is developed that satisfies engineering specifications, we must take steps to protect players from unsafe field surfaces. In short, NFL clubs should proactively change all field surfaces to natural grass."

https://nflpa.com/posts/only-natural-grass-can-level-the-nfls-playing-field

Chase may well have been injured because of playing on the Saints' artificial turf, which is where the injury originally occurred. 
Reply/Quote

Natural grass can be just as bad, especially when it can essentially be destroyed by just ONE game in pouring rain.

A) That's not what the players are saying and not what the data shows. 
B) Just like we can't legislate something into existence that we want but don't have, we do not have a better artificial turf and saying we should be able to create one and creating one is not the same thing. 

This is being discussed quite a bit on Sirius, and the number of non-contact leg injuries is going to mandate going back to natural grass. The players will simply demand it in their next agreement, and the owners are going to get tired of paying stars to sit on IR because a crappy field injured them. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 08:35 AM)Nepa Wrote: That article was insightful. I got concerned with its title about "shutting down star wr," but the article is less alarming:

"Chase likely avoided any significant structural damage and won't have to undergo surgery, according to the Pro Football Docs, but resting the explosive wideout for the next month-plus will be the best thing for his long-term health."

"Chase initially suffered the injury when his right leg jammed into the turf [that would be at the Saints stadium] and forced a hip subluxation – quickly and partially dislocated and returned to the joint – on a tackle in the end zone by Paulson Adebo. "

Although this sentence was not comforting: "The injury mechanism is similar in nature to that of Bo Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick," but then it adds "who suffered much more significant damage and underwent career-changing surgeries. "

I guess by "turf," it is referring to the artificial turf at the Saints stadium, the kind that coaches are railing against as causing injuries. He did go on to play against the Falcons, but apparently still had hip discomfort at that time.

The fact he was able to finish the game and play against the Falcons could be seen as hope that the injury wasn't as serious (as Fitz and Bo obviously) and some rest will allow him to come back relatively quick. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The fact he was able to finish the game and play against the Falcons could be seen as hope that the injury wasn't as serious (as Fitz and Bo obviously) and some rest will allow him to come back relatively quick. 

If it's a hairline fracture of his pelvis, they just have to heal on their own. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:37 PM)tms Wrote: i am dismissing it because I live in the real world. An innocuous post on.a REDDIT board is not that important. It could be linked to anyone. It could be totally made up. This world is full of "journalists" who act on sources that don't exist. Not every story- let alone rumor- is dignified with an "internal investigation". The world does not have the resources for such nonsense. We'd be chasing our collective tail 24/7... and to what end?! 

I'm sorry if this crushes your dreams. But life extends beyond the boundaries of the cesspool we've created online.  

Yes, most of us do. But in the real world, a HIPAA violation (in general) is serious. 

Unless i'm mistaken, the original post said that "my friend is a doctor...etc". If the actual source was a doctor, then that narrows down the search. There's no doubt that finding out exactly who it was would be a very difficult, if not impossible task because all someone has to do is lie and say "it wasn't me" and finding the person that posted it is not likely at all. 

At the very least, questioning anyone that had anything to do with Chase would put a scare into them and more than likely keep them from ever saying anything to anyone ever again. 

I agree that it's highly unlikely that anyone loses their job over this particular instance but if it keeps peoples mouths shut in the future, that's a positive for the PR of the hospital in question. So, you're not wrong that someone will lose their job over this but it is certainly something that can cause someone to lose their job.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Natural grass can be bad, but in different ways. Any kind of artificial surface is inherently more firm and can cause non-contact injuries by that fact alone.

"It's 2022..." so field drainage is much better now than it was in the past and anything short of a hurricane can usually be mitigated by current drainage systems.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why would they share any timeline about how long he's going to be out, when they don't have all the facts at this time?

They said they put him in IR which is 4-6 weeks. There's no rule that says he can't be shut down even when he comes off IR. 

I think they are using the 4-6 weeks to get other opinions and to "see how things go" but I think in the back of their mind they know his season could be done. Again, just my opionion. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Natural grass can be bad, but in different ways. Any kind of artificial surface is inherently more firm and can cause non-contact injuries by that fact alone.

"It's 2022..." so field drainage is much better now than it was in the past and anything short of a hurricane can usually be mitigated by current drainage systems.

The old days of playing on dirt that was hard as concrete and getting slammed to the ground!! 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:39 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I guess Ja'Marr should've pulled a Mile Vick/Ron Mexico when seeing the Drs. to help conceal his identity. Perhaps Don Brazil.

Did someone say ‘Ron Mexico’?

It’s like Beetlejuice. Say it 3 times and he’ll appear.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes, most of us do. But in the real world, a HIPPA violation (in general) is serious. 

Unless i'm mistaken, the original post said that "my friend is a doctor...etc". If the actual source was a doctor, then that narrows down the search. There's no doubt that finding out exactly who it was would be a very difficult, if not impossible task because all someone has to do is lie and say "it wasn't me" and finding the person that posted it is not likely at all. 

At the very least, questioning anyone that had anything to do with Chase would put a scare into them and more than likely keep them from ever saying anything to anyone ever again. 

I agree that it's highly unlikely that anyone loses their job over this particular instance but if it keeps peoples mouths shut in the future, that's a positive for the PR of the hospital in question. So, you're not wrong that someone will lose their job over this but it is certainly something that can cause someone to lose their job.

And then they'll deny it. Then what? You act like there's nobody else who could have been the source... like, oh I dunno, someone with the team itself?! Some temp who was aware of the story that was about to break and decided to get some social media cred? Someone else?! 

Not all of us live in fear the way that you appear to. Your premise relies on the doctor themselves not only posting the information on REDDIT (which is absurd) and being so paranoid about it that they'd feel the need to delete said post before they were caught (doubly absurd), but that an "internal investigation" would be launched because the consequences would be so dire, the smoking gun so clear and the lines pointing back to them so undeniable that they'd feel their career itself was in jeopardy (absurd beyond comprehension). 

This is why I love the Internet, man. Our arguments are so presumptuous and the will to believe so intense that even the most harebrained theories get a platform. We'll connect any two points because the practical realities and logic of everyday life needn't apply. The pieces fit so neatly... even when they don't. Keep it comin' lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM62wjLrgmA&ab_channel=TOOLVEVO
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They said they put him in IR which is 4-6 weeks. There's no rule that says he can't be shut down even when he comes off IR. 

I think they are using the 4-6 weeks to get other opinions and to "see how things go" but I think in the back of their mind they know his season could be done. Again, just my opionion. 

I cannot find much information how long a hairline fracture of the pelvis takes (which is what one poster noted it to be), but the Cleveland Clinic states "fractures of the pelvis" normally take 8 to 12 weeks. And if one returns too early, there is increased risk of it turning into a more serious injury. But, the various sites also note that some heal faster than others (such as children), so it would be hard to set a timetable for any one individual. So, I do understand your concern that this could be longer than 6 weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Did someone say ‘Ron Mexico’?

It’s like Beetlejuice. Say it 3 times and he’ll appear.

Hopefully along with a full dose of Valtrex.
Reply/Quote
Any recent, meaningful update(s)?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 04:24 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There’s a forum for this response- don’t bring it here.

Oh I'm sorry, did'nt know jokes were'nt allowed.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 04:30 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Oh I'm sorry, did'nt know jokes were'nt allowed.

Let’s hear some of your other jokes
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 11:11 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You really think that? As of 3 pm yesterday it was soreness and day to day. This staff isn't going to disclose anything. And our beat guys have zero clue what is actually happening. 

Not the staff, the report Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 01:29 PM)Nepa Wrote: I cannot find much information how long a hairline fracture of the pelvis takes (which is what one poster noted it to be), but the Cleveland Clinic states "fractures of the pelvis" normally take 8 to 12 weeks. And if one returns too early, there is increased risk of it turning into a more serious injury. But, the various sites also note that some heal faster than others (such as children), so it would be hard to set a timetable for any one individual. So, I do understand your concern that this could be longer than 6 weeks.

This isn't a pelvis fracture though.  Chase likely has something similar to an Avulsion Fracture which is a fracture at the tendon/muscle connection to the bone, It could be something as simple as a small crack in the bone or a chip which is 4-6 weeks, that cooresponds to what most of the media is reporting.  If it was something more serious, the odds are he wouldn't have been walking without assistance on Sunday.  If the connection had broken off entirely we would be looking at surgery and a months-long recovery, not weeks.  Avulson fractures in the hip, often happen to athletes with still maturing skeletons (open growth plates) so this might mean that Chase, at 22, just finished a growth spurt or has one more left.

Zac added nothing to the discussion today.   

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 05:13 PM)pally Wrote: This isn't a pelvis fracture though.  Chase likely has something similar to an Avulsion Fracture which is a fracture at the tendon/muscle connection to the bone, It could be something as simple as a small crack in the bone or a chip which is 4-6 weeks, that cooresponds to what most of the media is reporting.  If it was something more serious, the odds are he wouldn't have been walking without assistance on Sunday.  If the connection had broken off entirely we would be looking at surgery and a months-long recovery, not weeks.  Avulson fractures in the hip, often happen to athletes with still maturing skeletons (open growth plates) so this might mean that Chase, at 22, just finished a growth spurt or has one more left.

Zac added nothing to the discussion today.   

Growth spurt at 22? Say what???
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
prepare for the worst
Reply/Quote
Breaking: Ja’Marr Chase is NOT going on IR, a source tells @theScore.

Injury specifics: I’m told the #Bengals’ All-Pro WR sustained a hairline hip fracture and torn labrum.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote