Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WILD rumors going around about Chase...
(10-28-2022, 07:06 PM)tms Wrote: I fully believe you. I would just leave room for the fact that it varies from patient to patient (I'm not saying you're not). I had appendicitis, for example, and then seeing doomsdayers here speculate about what Joe Burrow was going through had me questioning my own experience lol. Some cases are more severe than others, I guess. We don't know what Chase is dealing with one way or the other. The fact that NFL teams are not exactly honest brokers when it comes to injuries only complicates it further- at least it does for me.   

Completely fair. There is 100% the possibility that Chase’s tear is very minor whereas my wife’s was pretty severe.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It depends on how bad is tear is, I would guess, but I’m definitely not making it up. My wife was in a wheelchair for one week, crutches/walker for a couple of weeks after that, and she was able to hobble around. It was roughly 4-6 months before she went back to playing sports or doing strenuous activity.

It definitely seems to depend on how severe the injury is, like anything. I'm not sure how old your wife was at the time but younger folks also tend to heal a little bit faster. 

Him finishing the game against the Saints and Falcons could indicate maybe its not as bad since he could play. It could also be bad if he made it worse and now it is more severe. I assume we won't actually know for another few days/week. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have come to the conclusion that none of us, or anyone on the internet, has any idea what the **** they are talking about in relation to the Chase injury.

How can that be?   This is the Internet where everyone is an expert.     Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have come to the conclusion that none of us, or anyone on the internet, has any idea what the **** they are talking about in relation to the Chase injury.

I will freely admit I couldnt tell you anything if i was sitting next to Ja'marr as the doctor explained it to him. Medical jargon goes in one ear and out the other for me lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 06:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's no such thing as interrupting on a message board. 

I never said you said anything you didn't say. If you can point it out, i'll be happy to apologize. 

The fact that you're confused is evidence enough. You replied to me, not the other way around. Now you're spinning your wheels trying to make sense of what I wrote after the fact. That's on you. I'm not gonna go back to dig out where you went wrong. But I might recommend that next time, instead of blasting out a million gratuitous replies to every user under the sun, you'd do well to read their comments before you do so. Just a word of advice... "holmes". 

You seem like a last word freak too. You said the conversation was over- "hasta la vista", etc. - yet here you are. Let me show you how it's done. This will be my last post to you. I won't even give you P.S., I won't "highlight" sections of the quote or anything of the sort- I will just mute you. You can say whatever tf you want and I won't reply. Watch and learn. Peace. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 07:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Completely fair. There is 100% the possibility that Chase’s tear is very minor whereas my wife’s was pretty severe.

True- or it could be worse! That's what I'm worried about. I just don't trust them anymore. They'll say it just needs some R&R for him to be ready for the playoffs, next thing you know it's February and he's going in for surgery like Higgins and Wilson did last season. Granted, I get paranoid about this stuff. I just hope they know what they're doing and they're not throwing the kid under the bus. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:08 PM)tms Wrote: This is the straw man you were looking for my dude. Personal info was leaked lmaooo

Someone divulged a prognosis of a patient and you can identify the patient. If that info came from Chase’s friend that isn’t a HIPAA violation. If that information came from from someone involved in his treatment that is a violation of HIPAA.

With electronic medical records they know everyone who looks at the chart. While you’re at work you have no right to privacy for any electronic communication including personal email or any information sent while connected to their servers.

I can get fired for opening my own chart.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 12:37 PM)tms Wrote: i am dismissing it because I live in the real world. An innocuous post on.a REDDIT board is not that important. It could be linked to anyone. It could be totally made up. This world is full of "journalists" who act on sources that don't exist. Not every story- let alone rumor- is dignified with an "internal investigation". The world does not have the resources for such nonsense. We'd be chasing our collective tail 24/7... and to what end?! 

I'm sorry if this crushes your dreams. But life extends beyond the boundaries of the cesspool we've created online.  

It’s like you’ve never heard of someone being doxxed.
Reply/Quote
Imagine that there is so guy who just bought a Chase jersey last week.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 07:25 PM)tms Wrote: The fact that you're confused is evidence enough. You replied to me, not the other way around. Now you're spinning your wheels trying to make sense of what I wrote after the fact. That's on you. I'm not gonna go back to dig out where you went wrong. But I might recommend that next time, instead of blasting out a million gratuitous replies to every user under the sun, you'd do well to read their comments before you do so. Just a word of advice... "holmes". 

You seem like a last word freak too. You said the conversation was over- "hasta la vista", etc. - yet here you are. Let me show you how it's done. This will be my last post to you. I won't even give you P.S., I won't "highlight" sections of the quote or anything of the sort- I will just mute you. You can say whatever tf you want and I won't reply. Watch and learn. Peace. 

You're full of shit. 

You should have just typed the part about 'i'm not'. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I love how we as a board debate medical issues and how long recovery will take based off of info gleaned from vague tweets.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 07:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Probably wrong but wasn't your user name on the Mothership "Ron Mexico" 

May be getting confused with someone else though, but it was a classic user name at the time. 

He was both RM and Johnny C, on the mothership.

I like Johnny C better Wink

(10-28-2022, 07:07 PM)pally Wrote: males can grow up until about 25 though most of the growth comes before age 20.  It all depends on when the growth plates close

Got that right.

My wife's cousin (my age) stopped growing around the year he turned 23, while I haven't grown an eighth of an inch since I was 13 Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I love how we as a board debate medical issues and how long recovery will take based off of info gleaned from vague tweets.

Yup.

He's hurt and he's out.

He'll be back when he is back.

No amount of debating here will change the status of his injury or how long he is out. It's not like if enough posters call it career ending it will be or enough posters say it's only a week or two it will be.

Time will tell us when he gets back and how he looks returning from the injury.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 11:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He was both RM and Johnny C, on the mothership.

I like Johnny C better Wink

Got that right.

My wife's cousin (my age) stopped growing around the year he turned 23, while I haven't grown an eighth of an inch since I was 13 Sad

Was thinking he was Ron Mexico but was not positive. Makes his post more funny

Thanks for confirming  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling that guy on Reddit may have gotten his Doctor friend in a lot of trouble.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2022, 01:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I have a feeling that guy on Reddit may have gotten his Doctor friend in a lot of trouble.

That's either a dude who just literally screwed over his friend or a guy who threw a dart as a troll and hit that bullseye.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/0x1_GYXj3Co

Figured I'd put this here. Seems like it wasn't from an impact hitting the turf it was more Bo Jackson like. Good news is there was no displacement or likely would have had to have immediate emergency surgery so it's not on the level of Jackson's injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2022, 11:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: My wife's cousin (my age) stopped growing around the year he turned 23, while I haven't grown an eighth of an inch since I was 13 Sad

That sounds personal. Nervous     I have grown multiple inches after age 13.  Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I must have missed the news, is Chase injured? Coffee
Reply/Quote
I think/hope the fact they haven't put Chase on IR points to the injury being less severe. I wish they would've found the issue after the Saints game as I think our passing game would've been just fine against the Falcons and could've given him more rest to be back after the bye week.
Reply/Quote