Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WR Trent Taylor signed
New guy is sassy:

https://twitter.com/Trent5Taylor/status/1394431811124666370
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is not a signing that gets me super excited, but I do like it for a couple reasons:

1) A guy who is still in his prime.
2) A signing in an area of need: backup slot WR/PR
3) A guy who has proven he can fill that role adequately in the recent past.
4) A guy who provides a measuring stick for the unproven guys (Lees, Pooka, Robinson) and the fringe guys (Morgan, Irwin, even Thomas/Tate).
Reply/Quote
He sounds like your typical white hands guy. He's not going to do anything spectacular, but he'll catch a punt without fumbling it and maybe get a few yards and he'll catch some balls for a few yards. Not too bad for your 4-6 guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 06:11 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He sounds like your typical white hands guy. He's not going to do anything spectacular, but he'll catch a punt without fumbling it and maybe get a few yards and he'll catch some balls for a few yards. Not too bad for your 4-6 guy.

Got to love those Tom Waddle type WRs. 

BTW do you all remember when the Bears traded Tom Waddle to the Bengals and he decided to retire instead?

Wasn't there someone else that did that too? I remember Sapp using us for leverage one off season.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2021, 01:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Sources also confirm he'll wear a helmet in games and not a backwards hat (I looked at his Twitter, he's a backwards hat guy to the max).

If I am not mistaken, Eifert used to wear his cap backwards, I hope that's not a curse.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]

Reply/Quote
Let it be known, I'm not opposed to the backwards hat style & have it done it many times myself, but something about it looks odd when on the football field. It's totally cool though when Griffey Jr. did it.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 06:11 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He sounds like your typical white hands guy. He's not going to do anything spectacular, but he'll catch a punt without fumbling it and maybe get a few yards and he'll catch some balls for a few yards. Not too bad for your 4-6 guy.

Imagine the people fired if you said “he sounds like your typical black athletic type guy”

Woah.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:31 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Imagine the people fired if you said “he sounds like your typical black athletic type guy”

Woah.

But that would be an accurate description of most of the nfl lol
Reply/Quote
So.... what I'm seeing here is a new front runner for the Scott Sterling award.....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 07:27 AM)Mer Wrote: Got to love those Tom Waddle type WRs. 

BTW do you all remember when the Bears traded Tom Waddle to the Bengals and he decided to retire instead?

Wasn't there someone else that did that too? I remember Sapp using us for leverage one off season.

Barry Foster, the great Steelers RB...which happened around the same time frame.

I was so excited when we signed Foster. Same with Waddle.

I also read that we had arranged a trade for Drew Bledsoe, but he refused.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:31 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Imagine the people fired if you said “he sounds like your typical black athletic type guy”

Woah.

We used to make fun of all the white racial stereotypes on the old boards:

"High motor"
"Effort Guy"
"Lunch pail type"
"Hands guy"
"Wes Welker" (every WR)
"Cerebral"
"Sneaky Athletic" (if it's a fast white guy)

LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 03:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Barry Foster, the great Steelers RB...which happened around the same time frame.

I was so excited when we signed Foster. Same with Waddle.

I also read that we had arranged a trade for Drew Bledsoe, but he refused.

Yes, the Barry Foster signing....Wow, that brings me back lol.  I was the same way, and running backs were so coveted in that era as well.  I also remember the Bledsoe thing where he made it quite clear that he didn't want to be traded to Cincy.     I'll add, Elvis Grbac to this hideous trip down memory lane haha. 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 10:14 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: If I am not mistaken, Eifert used to wear his cap backwards, I hope that's not a curse.

Did the team know he wore a sports bra before drafting him? Maybe he was "injury-prone" because he was the first woman to play in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 04:38 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Did the team know he wore a sports bra before drafting him? Maybe he was "injury-prone" because he was the first woman to play in the NFL?

Gotta stop that side boob/nip slip somehow when you cut the sleeves off that far.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We have like a super good track record with white slot WRs so i like the move.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 07:27 AM)Mer Wrote: Got to love those Tom Waddle type WRs. 

Elvis Grbac
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 04:38 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Did the team know he wore a sports bra before drafting him? Maybe he was "injury-prone" because he was the first woman to play in the NFL?

Actually, that is an Apex GPS tracking vest. 
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, that is an Apex GPS tracking vest. 

THis Needed more info, here it is:

APEX Vest $39.99 The Apex vest is a lightweight and tight-fitting garment specifically designed to hold your Apex pod* during activity. With a unique ergonomic Apex pocket located on the back and an elastic tight finish band to secure the vest, your game-day kit will be complete!
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:18 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: THis Needed more info, here it is:

APEX Vest $39.99 The Apex vest is a lightweight and tight-fitting garment specifically designed to hold your Apex pod* during activity. With a unique ergonomic Apex pocket located on the back and an elastic tight finish band to secure the vest, your game-day kit will be complete!

APEX Athlete Series GPS Performance Tracker – STATSports   $299.99
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:03 AM)Sled21 Wrote: APEX Athlete Series GPS Performance Tracker – STATSports   $299.99

Ahh.. the non GPS version must be the peasantry, ehem, i mean, the beginner's version.   Tongue

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ff...f=1&nofb=1]
Reply/Quote