Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Rodney Anderson
(04-27-2019, 06:30 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: what’s there honestly anything to be optimistic about????

Nothing. You should give up and be a fan of another team. This team never does anything right. You shouldn't waste one more ounce of your energy or emotion on them.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Probably ought to get in asap for an eye exam....

Want to elaborate or just throw insults? These eyes have been fooled by this organization in the past. I need to see to believe. If I’m wrong, I’ll totally own it. My opinion is just as valid as yours, so why pretend otherwise? You could very well be right, let’s hope so for the seasons sake.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:53 PM)Ravage Wrote: If you think drafting guys at the bottom of 6 are anything BUT fliers, you're kidding yourself. 
Stop making too much sense.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nothing. You should give up and be a fan of another team. This team never does anything right. You shouldn't waste one more ounce of your energy or emotion on them.

I really didn’t think the old give up being a fan comment would’ve taken so long. I want my favorite team to change the way that they operate, their way IS NOT working. That doesn’t make me a bad fan. I want to be wrong, I really do... but why say that things are great when they aren’t? A true fan stays with their team through the shit times but we don’t have to be happy or pretend that things are positive when they aren’t.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:56 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: This is so bungle like! Why are we taking another running back in the 6th round especially one that has missed 36 college games? Dude played like 5 games in college, why not just donate the pick to charity? What a damn joke

Season ending injuries in 15-17-18 wonder what took us so long to pull the trigger on him. Anyone wanna try to spin this pick?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:02 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I want my favorite team to change the way that they operate

If you really think nothing has changed then you havent really been paying attention.
Reply/Quote
I have to agree that this looks to be the making of the worst draft in recent memory. Teams with 4 picks are walking away better off than we are with all the picks we had. We need a damn GM that can work the draft and make the right picks or hire someone to. Hard pressed to find more than 2 players to be excited about in this shit show.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:02 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Season ending injuries in 15-17-18 wonder what took us so long to pull the trigger on him. Anyone wanna try to spin this pick?

3 different injuries. Injuries can happen. Highly talented RB. Maybe NFL strength and conditioning coaches will improve his body to be less susceptible to injuries. Other college players have had injuries and gone on to productive NFL careers. Bottom line is, take a risk on him with a bottom of the end of the 6th round pick, he pans out, youre a genius...he doesnt, he was a bottom of the 6th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 06:05 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This has the potential to be a horrible draft. I see little production from this draft in year one, please let me be so very wrong!

Idk about "horrible draft", but I think it's fair to question how many of these guys will have major roles as rookies. 

Jonah Williams? Definitely a starter.
Sample? Probably 3rd on the depth chart after signing Eifert and Uzomah to solid contracts.
Pratt? He may have to start by default.
Finley? Clear backup, for now.
Wren? Likely won't start anytime soon.
Jordan? Could possibly compete, mainly due to who we have at RG. 
Traveon Williams and Rodney Anderson? Strictly 3rd string or practice squad in 2019.
Deshaun Davis? Likely special teams and depth.
Jordan Brown? 7th round fodder.

Definitely 1 starter, maybe 2 if we're lucky. Plus some depth and guys with upside for the future. We have to hope that the incoming guys can turn it around under new coaching. The o-line should be much improved on paper with the additions of Williams and Miller, along with a (hopefully) healthy Price heading into his 2nd year. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Low risk, high upside potential.  I'm a big fan of this pick.  Big, bursty, runs with momentum.  He could be the type to wear out a defense someday.  
Reply/Quote
Willis McGahee blew his knee out and sat for two straight seasons. Rob Gronkowski missed his junior year due to back surgery.

Sadly neither ever went on to have any NFL success and you should definitely never have a late round flier on someone with an injury history.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: If you really think nothing has changed then you havent really been paying attention.

I applaud moving on from Marvin, it was several years too late and it allowed the prime of our stud WR and DT to be wasted but finally doing the right thing is great. They chose to add an inexperienced HeadCoach vs. a proven guy.... time will tell how that works out. The Reds just used that philosophy and their inexperienced manager has cost the Reds 3-4 games already. I don’t care go the learning on the job thing, it’s not how I’d operate a business. It could work out great, or not. You have an added unknown now leading the group. The build through the draft plan hasn’t changed at all. Signing turds like Bobby Hart hasn’t changed. Some fans praise and defend every move the team makes, some complain about everything they do and some call them on their BS while also praising them when they do something well. Do you know how you’ll know when they have really changed? It’s when you don’t have to beg 20 guys to take a NFL coaching spot before someone says yes. If other players and coaches don’t want to be here then there’s still plenty of changing to do. Do you disagree with that?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:10 PM)Beaker Wrote: 3 different injuries. Injuries can happen. Highly talented RB. Maybe NFL strength and conditioning coaches will improve his body to be less susceptible to injuries. Other college players have had injuries and gone on to productive NFL careers. Bottom line is, take a risk on him with a bottom of the end of the 6th round pick, he pans out, youre a genius...he doesnt, he was a bottom of the 6th round pick.

Worked wonders for Eifert!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:08 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I have to agree that this looks to be the making of the worst draft in recent memory. Teams with 4 picks are walking away better off than we are with all the picks we had. We need a damn GM that can work the draft and make the right picks or hire someone to. Hard pressed to find more than 2 players to be excited about in this shit show.

You’re about to be told that you’re not a fan and that your opinion is stupid.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk about "horrible draft", but I think it's fair to question how many of these guys will have major roles as rookies. 

Jonah Williams? Definitely a starter.
Sample? Probably 3rd on the depth chart after signing Eifert and Uzomah to solid contracts.
Pratt? He may have to start by default.
Finley? Clear backup, for now.
Wren? Likely won't start anytime soon.
Jordan? Could possibly compete, mainly due to who we have at RG. 
Traveon Williams and Rodney Anderson? Strictly 3rd string or practice squad in 2019.
Deshaun Davis? Likely special teams and depth.
Jordan Brown? 7th round fodder.

Definitely 1 starter, maybe 2 if we're lucky. Plus some depth and guys with upside for the future. We have to hope that the incoming guys can turn it around under new coaching. The o-line should be much improved on paper with the additions of Williams and Miller, along with a (hopefully) healthy Price heading into his 2nd year. 
I agree with everything that you said. I only used the word potential for if some reason Williams is a bust. I see him being a solid starter by years end.
Reply/Quote
Not sure about this pick. Surprised they didn’t take a wr or cb at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:07 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Not sure about this pick. Surprised they didn’t take a wr or cb at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They took a CB in the 7th.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:22 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Low risk, high upside potential.  I'm a big fan of this pick.  Big, bursty, runs with momentum.  He could be the type to wear out a defense someday.  

Rodney looked great everytime i watched him. He just needs to get healthy and stay that way.

Great talent.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:02 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Season ending injuries in 15-17-18 wonder what took us so long to pull the trigger on him. Anyone wanna try to spin this pick?

Having watched alot of OU games over the past few years this guy is honestly a STUD when healthy. He runs alot like Mixon and is similar in size, speed, patience and has great vision. He's a strong runner with good potential receiving out of the backfield as well. During his healthy year (the year after Mixon) he put up very similar numbers and made OU forget Mixon left. He rushed for 201 yards against Georgia (yes that Georgia) in their bowl game in 2017.

If not for his injury history he would have easily been at worst a 2nd day pick. He needs work on pass blocking but with his size and willingness to hit while running I would imagine he could learn.

He was a Heisman hopeful going into the 2018 season and if you want some reviews by the Professionals here's a good site.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/rodney-anderson
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 08:13 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Having watched alot of OU games over the past few years this guy is honestly a STUD when healthy. He runs alot like Mixon and is similar in size, speed, patience and has great vision. He's a strong runner with good potential receiving out of the backfield as well. During his healthy year (the year after Mixon) he put up very similar numbers and made OU forget Mixon left. 

If not for his injury history he would have easily been at worst a 2nd day pick. He needs work on pass blocking but with his size and willingness to hit while running I would imagine he could learn.

If you want some reviews by the Professionals here's a good site.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/rodney-anderson

Thanks Sweetness, this is what i saw when i watched Anderson.

BTW, i thought i remembered them calling Rodney Rocky when i watched him. Is that his nickname?
Reply/Quote