Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
WWMD Week 1 C. Volson
I truly believe a portion of Jonah's struggles come from Volson being next to him
Reply/Quote
There were only 2 sacks so no idea why that shows 3.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I truly believe a portion of Jonah's struggles come from Volson being next to him

What does Cordell Volson playing inside have to do with Jonah continuing to get physically beaten around the edge?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: There were only 2 sacks so no idea why that shows 3.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What does Cordell Volson playing inside have to do with Jonah continuing to get physically beaten around the edge?

uh.. use your noggin'

Jonah may be favoring his inside because Volson is green and innexperienced. And not very good if we're being compltely honest

so if jonah is worried about his inside, it leaves his outside to be taken advantage of
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: uh.. use your noggin'

Jonah may be favoring his inside because Volson is green and innexperienced. And not very good if we're being compltely honest

so if jonah is worried about his inside, it leaves his outside to be taken advantage of

Last I can recall is that the Guards get their blocking calls from the Center, not the LT..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Jonah Williams is having a rough time because of Jonah Williams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm going to list three players' stats according to PFF.
Tell me which one you'd prefer to have at LG protecting Joe Burrow.

Player A:
995 snaps
4 penalties
5 sacks allowed
3 hits allowed
23 total pressures allowed

Player B:
237 snaps
2 penalties
2 sacks allowed
4 hits allowed
9 total pressures allowed

Player C:
462 snaps
5 penalties
0 sacks allowed
4 hits allowed
13 total pressures allowed
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I thought Volson looked fine yesterday, though I didn't focus on him. PFF gave him a 50, though. I try to run through and watch games afterwards from All-22 so I'll have to pay attention to him.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Last I can recall is that the Guards get their blocking calls from the Center, not the LT..

That's all fine and dandy until there's last nano second pre-snap shifting, stunts, etc. It's like Tyson said you go into every fight with a game plan until you get walloped.

There's still alot of communication and, more importantly, trust and instincts of knowing what the guy next to you is doing and is going to do.
Reply/Quote

On the TD to Chase, 2 guys ran right by Jonah.   He elected to try for the inside guy, and he almost whiffed him.  Meanwhile the outside guy detonated Burrow.

https://www.bengals.com/video/ja-marr-chase-touch-down-highlights-bengals-jets-week-3-2022-season
Reply/Quote
I thought Volson played really well during the Miami game. We all knew he was going to be green b/c he is, but I feel he's starting to come along and will be a solid player for the Who Dey nation for many years to come. Tiger
Reply/Quote