Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wade Phillips wants a job
Phillips wants a job and we need a DC. We all know our defense is gonna suck the rest of the season. Get Lou outta here! Zac knows Phillips lets make a move.
Reply/Quote
Even if Zac could bring Wade Phillips on as a consultant or mentor it would help. Lou Anarumo seems to have a good eye for talent but he’s not so good at developing it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 07:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even if Zac could bring Wade Phillips on as a consultant or mentor it would help. Lou Anarumo seems to have a good eye for talent but he’s not so good at developing it.

What are we even basing that off?

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What are we even basing that off?

Free agency.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Free agency.

I mean, Reader was a no/brainer, and Bell, Waynes, and Alexander were all highly drafted (especially Waynes) players from good teams. Not sure it took a great talent evaluator to bring in any of those guys.

Reply/Quote
Please!!!! Him and an offensive line could turn this into a good team. I’d bet we’d have at least one win by now if he were DC
Reply/Quote
In a heartbeat
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Not to defend Lou, who has become the devil in these parts, but what I see going wrong on defense, for the most part, is bad execution and mental mistakes.

But yes, absolutely bring him in. He's about as proven a defensive mind as there is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Reader is the only good acquisition.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:13 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Reader is the only good acquisition.

I thought Bell looked pretty good yesterday.  They need to start blitzing him more.  He was good at that with the Saints.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
We need to give out coach he's and players time, we are 1 season and 3 games into a rebuild
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 12:16 AM)McC Wrote: I thought Bell looked pretty good yesterday.  They need to start blitzing him more.  He was good at that with the Saints.

Alexander is playing well too. ALL of the off season acquisitions were good pickups. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Alexander is playing well too. ALL of the off season acquisitions were good pickups. 

TBD on Waynes. They certainly overpaid.

Reply/Quote
I think it's more likely he comes in as a consultant at this point then replacement simply because a complete defensive overhaul would not go well mid season. What Phillips could do though his help with some of the nuances and game planning.
Reply/Quote
I think we can turn this season around in 2 simple moves:
1) Hire Wade Phillips, as a consultant or DC or assistant HC it doesn't matter

2) Zac gives up playcalling duties
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:17 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I think we can turn this season around in 2 simple moves:
1) Hire Wade Phillips, as a consultant or DC or assistant HC it doesn't matter

2) Zac gives up playcalling duties

While everyone knows I have gone on record stating I believe Taylor will mature into a great HC, I have also always said he would be better off giving  the play calling over to the OC. That said, I don't think we can really fairly judge his play calling, because we really don't know what plays he's calling, as none of them have a chance to develop before Burrow is hit. So unless it's a run play, we really don't know what was called, it's all improve.....
Reply/Quote
Despite playing an entire extra overtime period the Bengals are in the top half of the league in scoring defense (14th)

I think our defense is bad, but it is not as hopeless as some of you seem to think.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite playing an entire extra overtime period the Bengals are in the top half of the league in scoring defense (14th)

I think our defense is bad, but it is not as hopeless as some of you seem to think.

And, Atkins should be back now.....
Reply/Quote
Not sure there is a spot for Wade as a consultant with Duffner being the Senior Defensive Assistant.

Wade would be a good fit, but Duffner has worked well developing our lb's the last two years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite playing an entire extra overtime period the Bengals are in the top half of the league in scoring defense (14th)

I think the clunker they laid on Thursday night and their inability to close either half on Sunday has overshadowed any good they have done. 
Reply/Quote