Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
(09-18-2018, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The guys claiming to be "realists" have been proven wrong many times.  So they are not "realists".  Instead they are just "negative".

I don't care if you choose to be negative.  Just own it.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.  (Psst.  It's 26 years and counting)  History will change or it will be 27 and counting.  Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 01:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: This isn't about fans attending games, it's about a couple of fans on a message board that wake up Sunday morning and are afraid the sky is falling....

Are those the same ones that get fired up at the beginning of each year, dogging the ones who are skeptical, at best, and pessimistic at worst, and then when the sky DOES fall, they go into a rant and rave pointing, fingers and throwing a fit about how inept the organization is??
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 06:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Are those the same ones that get fired up at the beginning of each year, dogging the ones who are skeptical, at best, and pessimistic at worst, and then when the sky DOES fall, they go into a rant and rave pointing, fingers and throwing a fit about how inept the organization is??

And that's just in the first 5 minutes of the game......
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 06:47 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hope for the best, expect the worst.  (Psst.  It's 26 years and counting)  History will change or it will be 27 and counting.  Time will tell.

You are entitled to spend all your time thinking negative.  Just don't use the word "realist" when "reality" has proven over and over and over again that teams who have never won a super bowl before can win one.

I just feel sorry for people who spend their lives thinking negative.  No one should make life plans based on winning the lottery or anything like that, but I don't see any point in spending my time trying to figure out how things will go bad with my favorite sports team.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 08:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are entitled to spend all your time thinking negative.  Just don't use the word "realist" when "reality" has proven over and over and over again that teams who have never won a super bowl before can win one.

I just feel sorry for people who spend their lives thinking negative.  No one should make life plans based on winning the lottery or anything like that, but I don't see any point in spending my time trying to figure out how things will go bad with my favorite sports team.

You're wasting your time here fred.  He's just not going to enjoy the fact that we're 2-0 and looking good.  This thread is stupid anyway.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 08:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are entitled to spend all your time thinking negative.  Just don't use the word "realist" when "reality" has proven over and over and over again that teams who have never won a super bowl before can win one.

Reps to you Fred!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 06:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Are those the same ones that get fired up at the beginning of each year, dogging the ones who are skeptical, at best, and pessimistic at worst, and then when the sky DOES fall, they go into a rant and rave pointing, fingers and throwing a fit about how inept the organization is??

There are worse things in life you know. Why not enjoy the moment and not be afraid of what might happen... 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 11:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: There worse things in life you know. Why not enjoy the moment and not be afraid of what might happen... 

And reps to you!   :andy:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 11:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: There are worse things in life you know. Why not enjoy the moment and not be afraid of what might happen... 

Some people just enjoy wallowing in misery, it's their thing.
Reply/Quote
So I went and looked up some statistics and I found: 12 teams (multiple super bowl victories) have won 84.6 % (44) of the super bowls. 8 teams(one super bowl victory) have won 15.4% of the super bowls. And should the Bengals win the super bowl that would be 9 of 53 almost 17%. Since there are 32 and all teams have a chance to start with - each time is entitled to 3.125 % chance of winning. So realistically this season this team has somewhere between 3.125% and 17% percent chance of winning the super bowl. Obviously those numbers are just chances based on eligibility and history and do not include human factors. Additionally - whatever the chances are of winning the super bowl truly are (I would love to ask Watson) , - they've been increased to some degree by virtue of the first two wins. Just a factoid - vegas started the season with a 1.25% chance of the Bengals winning the super bowl (somewhere around 80-1) and are now at 3.03% (33-1) .
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 11:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: There are worse things in life you know. Why not enjoy the moment and not be afraid of what might happen... 

Not afraid??  Cool Do I look like I'm afraid?  Tongue

I hope for the best but expect same ole same ole.

It's the fans in here that jump on the 'this is the year' bandwagon and then when the sky falls like it has the last 26 years, then they throw temper tantrums like 5 year olds, blaming even the dead for the demise!   Panic

Very entertaining this buggers are!  Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's the fans in here that jump on the 'this is the year' bandwagon and then when the sky falls like it has the last 26 years, then they throw temper tantrums like 5 year olds, blaming even the dead for the demise!   Panic

Not sure what you are talking about.  After the '11 season most fans were thrilled with our surprising run to the playoffs and very excited about next year.  Same with the '12 season.

Why you so obsessed with being negative?

I think you are just mad because you pitched a little tantrum of your own and can't watch the games this year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what you are talking about.  After the '11 season most fans were thrilled with our surprising run to the playoffs and very excited about next year.  Same with the '12 season.

Why you so obsessed with being negative?

I think you are just mad because you pitched a little tantrum of your own and can't watch the games this year. 

I refuse to watch the games Freddie!  I'm a veteran.  You should know by the Avatar there are a whole lot of other things more important to me than football!!

There are many, many comments about the 'temper tantrums' when the sky falls.

Why do you think they made a separate room for Dalton in here, and should do the same for Lewis.

Check in and see what goes on in the game threads when things go awry!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I hope for the best but expect same ole same ole.

Is that what god has been telling you?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 04:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not afraid??  Cool Do I look like I'm afraid?  Tongue

I hope for the best but expect same ole same ole.

It's the fans in here that jump on the 'this is the year' bandwagon and then when the sky falls like it has the last 26 years, then they throw temper tantrums like 5 year olds, blaming even the dead for the demise!   Panic

Very entertaining this buggers are!  Popcorn
Wait....nevermind...you're very confusing here.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 05:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I refuse to watch the games Freddie!  I'm a veteran. 

There are no protests this year.  You can start watching again.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 05:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: There are many, many comments about the 'temper tantrums' when the sky falls.

At least they wait until something bad happens before they start complaining about it.  What's wrong with that?  You don't even have any idea what you are complaining about at this point.

Ever heard the story of "Chiken Little".  You know, the one about the chicken who complained about the sky falling when it really wasn't.  That makes you the Chicken Little of these boards.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 05:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: Is that what god has been telling you?

Watch out beaker!!  They got other rooms for that.  Mods don't like it when you stray.

For that reason and that reason alone I will say no more on the subject.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are no protests this year.  You can start watching again.

Too late.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: At least they wait until something bad happens before they start complaining about it.  What's wrong with that?  You don't even have any idea what you are complaining about at this point.

Ever heard the story of "Chiken Little".  You know, the one about the chicken who complained about the sky falling when it really wasn't.  That makes you the Chicken Little of these boards.

Complaining??  Cool   Foolish to complain/worry about anything you have no control over, and the things you do have control over you straighten it out and move on!!

I'm just stating my opinion.  Read the whole thread.  About 5 weighed in, in agreement.

Plus I've stated enough that I would love to have some 'bird' buffet, we'll see.
Reply/Quote