Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(03-15-2017, 12:33 PM)Benton Wrote: I worked at a grocery store in college. We used to drive carts around with our cars. The carts generally roll in one direction pretty easily. It takes a huge suspension of logic to watch the show and not ask "Why didn't they just drive through the carts?"

It's not like there were two rows, or rods sticking out. It was just a single row of shopping carts.

I guess the intent was to make it look like a poorly laid trap, but jeez. Roll a freaking car or two into the street or stack up empty pallets, but make it semi-plausible.

Well that one guy had to set the "trap", so while it would have been more believable as a trap if it were better done then you have to suspend the reality that the dude had to sneak out there and set it up by himself.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 12:33 PM)Benton Wrote: I worked at a grocery store in college. We used to drive carts around with our cars. The carts generally roll in one direction pretty easily. It takes a huge suspension of logic to watch the show and not ask "Why didn't they just drive through the carts?"

It's not like there were two rows, or rods sticking out. It was just a single row of shopping carts.

I guess the intent was to make it look like a poorly laid trap, but jeez. Roll a freaking car or two into the street or stack up empty pallets, but make it semi-plausible.

well dude only wanted to slow them down.. Show them where he wanted to be buried and hide a melon...  he set it up by himself.  And pushing cars by yourself is a big old pain in the back lol.

Ive never ran into a long line of shopping carts with my car  but when they are all interlinked inside of each other I image they offer more resistance than a red rover line.
Reply/Quote

Yea, large rows of carts are fairly easy to push. It's just silly.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 01:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, large rows of carts are fairly easy to push. It's just silly.

If he wanted to start a war he should have just gunned all of the saviors down at the meet up. Problem solved. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2017, 03:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If he wanted to start a war he should have just gunned all of the saviors down at the meet up. Problem solved. 

would definitely start a war most likely by the saviors massing against the kingdom and slaughtering them...    when most the kingdom doesn't know about the saviors.
Reply/Quote
ZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzZZ

one hour of Simon searching Hilltop and Rosita and Sasha walking to the Sanctuary.

That means we'll squeeze Negan dealing with Sasha and Rick going to the ocean place into the next episode and then a showdown into the last.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 09:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: ZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzZZ

one hour of Simon searching Hilltop and Rosita and Sasha walking to the Sanctuary.

That means we'll squeeze Negan dealing with Sasha and Rick going to the ocean place into the next episode and then a showdown into the last.

I bet they carry the showdown into next season.

Last episode probably is only the first bit of it.

Hell if this show is ran like it has been....  it wouldn't suprise me if there is only the beginning struggle to hold action over to next season.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 01:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I bet they carry the showdown into next season.

Hell if this show is ran like it has been....  it wouldn't suprise me if there is only the beginning struggle to hold action over to next season.

I think you're 100% spot on. The first "shots" will occur and then there'll be a retreat by one side to start the "war". I predicted a few weeks ago that the first  half of season 8 is the "War". 

Reply/Quote
I remember looking at the clock during the episode because I couldn't believe it - half the show spent relocating the doctor.

All we need now is for Trump to tweet "that was the greatest episode of WD ever!!!"
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I swear to God that Negan and his people are straight from Idiocracy.

To believe that Eugene is anything but a shlub would take some seriously vacant brain cells.

As soon as he opens his mouth it sounds like complete gibberish...  not someone smart with a large vocabulary.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
This should be a 10 episode per season series.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 08:07 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: This should be a 10 episode per season series.

I keep saying this. It's why Game of Thrones works. Shrink 1000 pages into 10 episodes rather than stretch 10-15 issues of a comic into 16 episodes. 

Reply/Quote
I think next season Eugene will be planting explosives around the compound so Team Family can get in. Probably in the walkers on the fence with the melted metal. Remember the homemade bomb scene.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 01:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I bet they carry the showdown into next season.

at this rate I believe there will be the show down and the season will end then tara will tell rick about the seaside group next season after they lost the trash group
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 10:42 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I think next season Eugene will be planting explosives around the compound so Team Family can get in.  Probably in the walkers on the fence with the melted metal. Remember the homemade bomb scene.

So are the metal walkers going to be shrapnel? 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 10:42 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I think next season Eugene will be planting explosives around the compound so Team Family can get in.  Probably in the walkers on the fence with the melted metal. Remember the homemade bomb scene.

I'm got giving Eugene that much credit...

Wouldn't mind him having a meeting with lucille
Reply/Quote
Eugene is smarter than the show gives him credit for being.

Reply/Quote
Jesus. Jesus is a Brit too? Must sound like a Yorkshire pub on that set.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I thought this was a solid episode in terms of advancing the story and not being dull.

We also got a look into Negan's mentality. There are rule and rape is a big no.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 03:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I thought this was a solid episode in terms of advancing the story and not being dull.

We also got a look into Negan's mentality. There are rule and rape is a big no.

Don't you like it when psychopaths have lines in the sand?

Reply/Quote