Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wallace Gilberry is back
This is more of a reflection of how bad Johnson has been then anything.
Reply/Quote
Per league sources he's back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 12:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What makes you think so?

He hasn't done diddly in years. I like Clarke and Hunt more this year as well.

What we need is another run stopping DT. Peko has been bad this year. We only have Sims.

Hes a good nickle DT and has been a key part of this D for years. Hunt and Clark have done very little at that spot this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:03 PM)J24 Wrote: Hes a good nickle DT and has been a key part of this D for years. Hunt and Clark have done very little at that spot this season.

Hope you are right and Gilberry helps us out.

I just doubt it. Plus, i think Hunt has done well at DT when he has been put there this season.
Reply/Quote
Assuming he's gonna take snaps away from Hunt as the rushing DT next to Geno on passing downs. Looks like all we can hope our 2nd round pick can do is block kicks ? , that's if he's even active on game days. DE needs to be addressed early in the draft next year or free agency.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:34 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Assuming he's gonna take snaps away from Hunt as the rushing DT next to Geno on passing downs. Looks like all we can hope our 2nd round pick can do is block kicks ? , that's if he's even active on game days. DE needs to be addressed early in the draft next year or free agency.

yup.. like first round first pick addressed.  trade up for garrett please!!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:39 PM)ah5 Wrote: yup.. like first round first pick addressed.  trade up for garrett please!!

Keep playing like this and they might not need to trade up to get him smh
Reply/Quote
Very happy he's back I believe this will really improve our pass rush
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:34 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Assuming he's gonna take snaps away from Hunt as the rushing DT next to Geno on passing downs. Looks like all we can hope our 2nd round pick can do is block kicks ? , that's if he's even active on game days. DE needs to be addressed early in the draft next year or free agency.
Not only early but often. We need 3 or 4 new pieces to this defense line.
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 01:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope you are right and Gilberry helps us out.

I just doubt it. Plus, i think Hunt has done well at DT when he has been put there this season.

Besides week 1 what has hunt done to be considered "impressive"?
J24

Reply/Quote
Clearly the Bengals hope to catch lightning in a bottle with Gilberry again. It was a great signing in 2012. I don't think it will have the effect they are looking for.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping we'd get B Thom back .. I think he's the better run stopper of the 2
Reply/Quote

I don't know at this point that that's a correct assumption..... Hunt has been playing well...
Reply/Quote
Bengals revamping whole defense, their second big announcement today is they are bring back Deltha O'Neil at CB!!

"It's great to be coming back home to Cincinnati! Who-Dey"
-Deltha O'Neil

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Chris Lewis Harris waived to make room for Gillberry

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The bengals pulling off the deal of the century. Bringing in an old washed up vet like gilberry. 20 tackles and 2 sacks last season. That's going to fix everything.

We have a bunch of useless slow old vets and we need more of them. Next we'll be signing geathers to a long term contract.

Peko and maualuga just signed 5 year deals.That ensures they'll hang them up in stripes.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
Really like this move. Gillberry can play both DT and DE, which is great for depth and movement on the line presnap and stunts. Now if only we can somehow get Reggie Nelson back from Oakland, find a replacement for Dansby, and have Tez drop 20 lbs, this Defense might be back in business.
Reply/Quote
The bengals just signed former bengals player Fanene. They think his leg is fully healed and he'll give peko and maualuga another samoan to hang around with. It increases depth and improves locker room chemistry.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:28 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: Really like this move. Gillberry can play both DT and DE, which is great for depth and movement on the line presnap and stunts. Now if only we can somehow get Reggie Nelson back from Oakland, find a replacement for Dansby, and have Tez drop 20 lbs, this Defense might be back in business.

We could probably get Nelson back, he's not doing well in Oakland. He's a much better fit here....
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 04:01 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: The bengals just signed former bengals player Fanene. They think his leg is fully healed and he'll give peko and maualuga another samoan to hang around with. It increases depth and improves locker room chemistry.

I wouldn't doubt it lol
Reply/Quote