Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wallace Gilberry is back
(11-03-2016, 02:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know at this point that that's a correct assumption..... Hunt has been playing well...

I think people say Hunt is playing well because he did nothing his first 3 years in the league so when he makes 1 play it's interpreted as him doing well because it's better than nothing.  He had a huge block kick vs the Jets and a few tackles besides that their's been nothing to brag about. I had higher hopes for a 2nd round pick to be more productive in year 4 than he has been. However iv'e seen some improvement from Clark hopefully he continues to develop.  
Reply/Quote
Gilberry clearly lost a step last season and it looked like he was done. So I'm ecstatic that we brought him back after Detroit let him go off of IR.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 04:21 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I think people say Hunt is playing well because he did nothing his first 3 years in the league so when he makes 1 play it's interpreted as him doing well because it's better than nothing.  He had a huge block kick vs the Jets and a few tackles besides that their's been nothing to brag about. I had higher hopes for a 2nd round pick to be more productive in year 4 than he has been. However iv'e seen some improvement from Clark hopefully he continues to develop.  

He's getting lots of penetration and has numerous QB hurries. He's just a step away from getting there, and he's getting better each week...
Reply/Quote
I just really hope the Bengals get it together and bring back Ifeanyi Ohalete
Reply/Quote
Meh.
Reply/Quote
Signing McCringleberry helps our shoddy linebackers how?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 05:06 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Signing McCringleberry helps our shoddy linebackers how?

They'll put him in Coverage like they have done with Peko .. He's a much better Cover Defensive Tackle than Peko   
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 04:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's getting lots of penetration and has numerous QB hurries. He's just a step away from getting there, and he's getting better each week...

Well hopefully he gets there soon and finishes the play he's had 3 years and 8 games to bring the quarterback down , only 8 games left then he's a free agent. I understand sacks are not the only way to judge a DE but when you draft one in the 2nd round and he's in his 4th year you expect them to get sacks which are game changing plays. I've heard the same thing about Michael Johnson this year he has a ton of pressures and Hunt to according to you , makes it seem like we have a all star line and the quaterback is effected by these "pressures " instead of throwing for 500 yards.
Reply/Quote
Don't know if Gilberry can make a difference anymore but the Dline has failed to get pressure this year and loss of Gilberry from the rotation was the biggest change.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 12:41 PM)J24 Wrote: This will give our Dline a major boost.
You're not serious are you?  A washed up 9 year veteran coming of IR with injury settlement. This is not change.  ML is dreaming of the some by gone days if he or the FO thinks they just solved their defensive problems.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:31 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm not so sure that he's better than Clarke or Hunt at this point.   It'd be a nice surprise if he were, but it's been a long time since he's racked up a lot of sacks.  
He has to be better than DeShawn Williams and Michael Johnson.
Reply/Quote
Instantly solves our offensive line problem.

Not to mention a young guy who flashed named Deshawn Williams is on the team inactive every game and could do exaxtly what they are bringing Gilberry in to do. But playing young guys is illegal in the NFL and Marvin knows better. The veteran preferance has won him so many post season games its not funny. No point in changing when you have so much success.

Starting to wonder if they are taking pointers from the Reds front office on how to run a team.
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah. Another retread. Where the hell is crocker? This'll put em over the top. Do I sound jaded? Am.
Reply/Quote
I can just see this decision being made to bring Gilberry in.. Mike Brown leaning back in his chair and everyone around the table... And then somebody brings up Wallace Gilberry.
Reply/Quote
I can haz Supeer Bowlz!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Teams like to go with those that know the system in these mid-season pick ups.

I will say I was surprised to see Clew Harris be the casualty.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The only plus is that we signed a guy who isn't going to take a few weeks to get up to speed with our system. If he can make an impact is yet to be seen. I personally thought we could have used some help at other spots like linebacker, but maybe they think a guy like Vigil can help. Maybe we'll see PJ Dawson added back to the 53.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 05:06 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Signing McCringleberry helps our shoddy linebackers how?

I swear, this board never ceases to amaze me in regards to new nicknames for players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 08:26 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals have officially re-signed Wallace Gilberry

[Image: fxfn8k.jpg]

https://youtu.be/QryBEgBhk4M

We're saved!

Not really, we just stunted any development we would see out of Clarke and Hunt and will go in to another season without knowing what they can do...

I don't care for this signing one bit.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 12:54 PM)Brimey Wrote: This is more of a reflection of how bad Johnson has been then anything.

No way!  He is ranked BLAH BLAH BLAH in the NFL against other defensive ends that are over 6'5" and have short hair BLAH BLAH BLAH
Reply/Quote