Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walton in trouble again - gets tasered!
(04-04-2019, 05:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Didn't like the pick before all these incidents, definitely don't like it after all this. Dude should have been cut a month ago. Plenty of actual good RBs sitting available in FA or upcoming draft that there's no need to hold onto Walton "just in case."

There are tons of RB's in this draft that would be an upgrade in the mid to late rounds.

Heck, Brian Hill was better than Walton when he was here and we cut Hill instead.

So happy we have a new coaching staff, hopefully things will be different and this won't happen anymore.
Reply/Quote
Saddest part is if Walton wanted to carry a firearm and smoke pot he could move to Colorado where its legal.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There are tons of RB's in this draft that would be an upgrade in the mid to late rounds.

Heck, Brian Hill was better than Walton when he was here and we cut Hill instead.

So happy we have a new coaching staff, hopefully things will be different and this won't happen anymore.

Yeah, I agree. He shouldn't have even been on the team last year or this off season. At the rate he's going he's going to be arrested 4 more times by training camp starts in mid July.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 05:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Saddest part is if Walton wanted to carry a firearm and smoke pot he could move to Colorado where its legal.

Maybe we can trade him to the Broncos
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Cut this *****.....don't like Miami Hurricanes anyway. Ninja

You never know how some guys are going to act, once they get a little money in their pocket and some free time on their hands.  Looks like he'll be another one of those troubled youths that made it to the big league, only to find out that he couldn't handle himself like a professional.

At this point, he should probably start thinking about the XFL..

And, if the XFL doesn't pan out? Then he could be the subject of one of those hard luck stories, on the Oprah Winfrey Channel.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Send him back to the mountain

" 'Night Mark-boy."
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 12:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Dude needs to be cut

We really still have this clown on the team? Thought he was already gone.
Reply/Quote
Seriously wtf is the deal with RB's? Especially AFCN RB's.
Reply/Quote
He’s still on this team. Wtf
Reply/Quote
The money and fame seem to have done him no favors. Hopefully he can find a way to get his life back on track. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 01:12 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Did he have these issues before they drafted him? What is going on?

he was probably overwhelmed by his income and his non-existant upbringing.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 08:42 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: he was probably overwhelmed by his income and his non-existant upbringing.

Yes, Walton has had one damn hard life. I am not making fun of the man.

He has had it tough as hell.

No excuses for this though, come on man.
Reply/Quote
Cut him. Wasted pick....
Reply/Quote
This is absolutely pathetic. I get home from work and see that this punk STILL hasn’t been cut!? Get your s*** together, guys Whatever

Cut him immediately if not sooner
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 01:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't taze me, bro.

One of my many claims to fame - I was in that auditorium at UF when that famous incident occurred.

Oh, cut Walton big time. And I actually was bullish on him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 01:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Agreed he needs cut but there's no point in cutting him until a June to save cap salary for the next two years.

If this is true then of course we should wait until June. Why not save ourselves a few buck and limit his time frame to catch on elsewhere. I the last thread about Walton I called him a punk and he's done nothing to change my opinion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Every single team occasionally drafts a screw up turd like this. What sets organizations apart is how they deal with it. If a guy gets arrested 3 times in one year and isn’t immediately cut then your organization isn’t serious about discipline or winning. Is there even an argument about that? The Patriots would cut a star player for that and the Bengals don’t even immediately cut a scrub. There are always examples that come up as to why this team is poorly operated, this is a fine example.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 12:22 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Every single team occasionally drafts a screw up turd like this. What sets organizations apart is how they deal with it. If a guy gets arrested 3 times in one year and isn’t immediately cut then your organization isn’t serious about discipline or winning. Is there even an argument about that? The Patriots would cut a star player for that and the Bengals don’t even immediately cut a scrub. There are always examples that come up as to why this team is poorly operated, this is a fine example.

Wrong.  Pats would wait until after June 1 and save about 340K (I think) on the salary cap.

But even if the cap was not an issue I don't think waiting a few days to see what he is really charged with would make a bit of difference on how committed a team is to winning.  I think you are just over anxious to pull out that Bengal fan victim card.

Of course the Bengals could cut him tomorrow.  It doesn't really make that much difference.  You will probably be the only one blaming losses in 2019 on our delay in cutting Mark Walton.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There are tons of RB's in this draft that would be an upgrade in the mid to late rounds.

The Bengals make me feel like I know better football than them. That's how bad the FO & possibly coaches too, were.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 12:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.  Pats would wait until after June 1 and save about 340K (I think) on the salary cap.

But even if the cap was not an issue I don't think waiting a few days to see what he is really charged with would make a bit of difference on how committed a team is to winning.  I think you are just over anxious to pull out that Bengal fan victim card.

Of course the Bengals could cut him tomorrow.  It doesn't really make that much difference.  You will probably be the only one blaming losses in 2019 on our delay in cutting Mark Walton.

The money part is debatable. Image, perception and discipline are weighed differently with teams. Money isn’t the only consideration. You don’t personally know me but I will tell you that I’m not a victim in life. Obviously, 2019 won’t be decided by if he’s cut or not. There are groups of decisions that reflect on an organization and the Bengals make tons of obvious blunders that contribute to who they are. My main thing that ticks me off is that I believe that they had a very good team core that they wasted because they refused to go the extra mile to put that team over the top. That great core is now at the tail end of being great and the smell of regression is strong. These are my views, it doesn’t mean that I’m right. I like having civil debate and discussion, that’s how I learn things. I don’t like the whole name calling on here, there are other ways to make your point. It’s funny because most of the time when people are arguing their side, there’s usually a bit of truth each way. Anyways, Cheers!
Reply/Quote