Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walton video released
(03-20-2019, 02:41 PM)McC Wrote: Mixon has absolutely redeemed himself.

Only because time has passed. Anyone who is saying thos guy is a punk, idiot, asshole, piece of trash or anything has to have the same or worse opinion of Mixon or they're a hypocrite.

Mixon and others have knocked women out. Walton took someone's phone. He is an idiot given what he has to lose in the situation but to even compare what he did to Mixon or others yet brush off their mistakes is ludicrous. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not a mitigating circumstance. She had every legal right to exit her car and try to talk to him. He had Zero legal right to grab her phone. Something pea brains don't seem to be able to understand out there in the world today, is just because you are mad about something does not give you the right to put your hands on other people.

My thoughts.
Not sure why you're gonna slap someone's phone out of their hand when they're recording you.
Especially when it seems like he's in the wrong regardless.
Just shows Walton is an idiot. And entitled.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 03:14 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Only because time has passed. Anyone who is saying thos guy is a punk, idiot, asshole, piece of trash or anything has to have the same or worse opinion of Mixon or they're a hypocrite.

Mixon and others have knocked women out. Walton took someone's phone. He is an idiot given what he has to lose in the situation but to even compare what he did to Mixon or others yet brush off their mistakes is ludicrous. 

Of course he's an idiot. Acting like a fool over moving his car?  Stupid on steroids.

Have never ever ever ever seen anyone here defend what Mixon did, so the hypocrisy thing is way off. 

Walton also had the weed thing.  That's two strikes.  And he played like shit.  Do the math.  If they grab another RB somewhere in the draft, Walton is toast.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Here's the Mixon video so severity can be judged:

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not a mitigating circumstance. She had every legal right to exit her car and try to talk to him. He had Zero legal right to grab her phone. Something pea brains don't seem to be able to understand out there in the world today, is just because you are mad about something does not give you the right to put your hands on other people.

Pea brains haven’t understood that since the beginning of civilization. It’s not a new development.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 03:42 PM)McC Wrote: Of course he's an idiot. Acting like a fool over moving his car?  Stupid on steroids.

Have never ever ever ever seen anyone here defend what Mixon did, so the hypocrisy thing is way off. 

Walton also had the weed thing.  That's two strikes.  And he played like shit.  Do the math.  If they grab another RB somewhere in the draft, Walton is toast.

People are claiming Mixon has changed, redeemed himself, and proved whatever someone who knocks out a women needs to prove to them to make him their favorite player. Those same people are calling this guy a punk and I'm sure other names for a way less egregious offense. How do you not see the hypocrisy of that? 

Literally the only difference is his was more recent and he's not as talented. 
Reply/Quote

So his past actions should be completely forgotten and forgiven because he’s a Bengal who is good, but anyone who isn’t a bengal or a good one is a whole different story?

I’m not saying I want to cut Mixon (I didn’t want to draft him, but he’s done nothing in his time here to warrant being cut). I’m also not defending Walton or saying he shouldn’t be cut, but the post I replied to had a GLARING omission which I included. Mixon 100% should be mentioned if someone is going to bash Rice/Hunt for what they did. And Mixon’s actions were clearly worse than Walton’s.

Cut Walton, keep Mixon, sounds good to me. But let’s not act like Mixon is an angel and a better person than Walton or rice or hunt just because he makes the bengals better
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:22 PM)Sweetness Wrote: People are claiming Mixon has changed, redeemed himself, and proved whatever someone who knocks out a women needs to prove to them to make him their favorite player. Those same people are calling this guy a punk and I'm sure other names for a way less egregious offense. How do you not see the hypocrisy of that? 

Literally the only difference is his was more recent and he's not as talented. 

First of all, look at the title of the thread.  It's not even about Mixon, so why the big need to even bring it up?

Mixon did what he did a couple years before the Bengals even drafted him.  Separate topic altogether.  So maybe just stay on the topic at hand.  Leave that soapbox for another time.

This guy, the guy the thread is actually about, had two separate run ins with the law in a couple months.  End of story.  Either you want a certain culture or you don't.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 03:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here's the Mixon video so severity can be judged:

Gee, what a shock that you would be the one to post this in the MARK WALTON thread.  Maybe just every once in a great while, you could let one go by.  

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: So his past actions should be completely forgotten and forgiven because he’s a Bengal who is good, but anyone who isn’t a bengal or a good one is a whole different story?

I’m not saying I want to cut Mixon (I didn’t want to draft him, but he’s done nothing in his time here to warrant being cut). I’m also not defending Walton or saying he shouldn’t be cut, but the post I replied to had a GLARING omission which I included. Mixon 100% should be mentioned if someone is going to bash Rice/Hunt for what they did. And Mixon’s actions were clearly worse than Walton’s.

Cut Walton, keep Mixon, sounds good to me. But let’s not act like Mixon is an angel and a better person than Walton or rice or hunt just because he makes the bengals better

Did I say any of that?  Did I say or even hint at one single word of that?  Are you so intent on arguing and playing judge and jury that you have to fabricate shit?

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:44 PM)McC Wrote: Did I say any of that?  Did I say or even hint at one single word of that?  Are you so intent on arguing and playing judge and jury that you have to fabricate shit?

That’s kinda how it reads. And obviously I’m not the only one who sees they hypocrisy in this thread.

All I’m saying is if you’re going to throw guys like Rice and Hunt out there Mixon’s name should absolutely be included in that discussion.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That’s kinda how it reads. And obviously I’m not the only one who sees they hypocrisy in this thread.

All I’m saying is if you’re going to throw guys like Rice and Hunt out there Mixon’s name should absolutely be included in that discussion.

I never made a single mention of Rice or Hunt.  Please stop with that. 

I said one single sentence.  One single true sentence.  Not open to any interpretation, as clear and concise as a sentence could possibly be.  And then you went with a whole bunch of goofy word twisting.  Not my idea of how to have a reasonable conversation.

Reply/Quote

He has, so why doesn't the less talented Walton get another shot to redeem himself? The Mixon punch was 100 times worse.

Is it because one is more talented than the other? Is it because one was a potential #1 draft pick prior to his incident and the other most thought was a bad choice to draft at all?

I am not just asking you, I am asking anyone who is now defending Mixon, but ready to throw Walton out of the NFL now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He has, so why doesn't the less talented Walton get another shot to redeem himself? The Mixon punch was 100 times worse.

Is it because one is more talented than the other? Is it because one was a potential #1 draft pick prior to his incident and the other most thought was a bad choice to draft at all?

I am not just asking you, I am asking anyone who is now defending Mixon, but ready to throw Walton out of the NFL now.

Name all the legal trouble Mixon has gotten into AS A BENGAL.  There's your answer.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He has, so why doesn't the less talented Walton get another shot to redeem himself? The Mixon punch was 100 times worse.

It's all about talent; as to how we will excuse behavior. I've mentioned before: Robert Sands and Pacman were both involved in a physical altercation with a female around the same time. One of them was cut immediately after the incident; guess which one.

You don't have to be a long standing member of this forum to know I hated the Bengals keeping Pacman, I hated drafting Joe Mixon, and I hate that Mark Walton is still in stripes (at least Bengal stripes). But if we're going to give one a second chance we'd be hypocrites not to give them both a second chance. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

You bring up a good point, but I think the focus is the trouble that has been caused as a member of he Bengals. What Mixon did was indeed several magnitudes worse BUT he hasn’t had any trouble since being drafted. Cincinnati gave him his shot and while no one knows for certain, I would assume they had him on a short leash if he messed up again.

Meanwhile, Walton has caused trouble as a member of the Bengals. That would be the main difference. For what it’s worth, I don’t think he should be cut over this. I think it’s a stupid incident by him but I certainly don’t think it is severe enough to warrant just dumping him. He isn’t a huge contributor so if he DOES get cut, it isn’t a big deal but I’d say put him on thin ice and keep him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:30 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: So his past actions should be completely forgotten and forgiven because he’s a Bengal who is good, but anyone who isn’t a bengal or a good one is a whole different story?

Yes, actually, in Mixon's case his incident should be forgiven and forgotten. The actual victim, the girl who was hit, has forgiven him and wished him luck after he got drafted. Case closed. 
Reply/Quote

Exactly how I see it.

Just because Walton isn't a 1200+ yard rusher doesn't me he's excluded from redemption.

What Mixon did was 100 times worse than batting a phone out of a hand or even smoking marijuana. What Walton did was absolutely stupid and he needs to have better control, but for a man like Mixon that was at a D1 school on scholarship that gets professional strength coaches to knock a girl out with a punch...that's more than just a dumb mistake. He should have been in jail for that.

Plus, what is redemption for Mixon? Is it staying out of trouble for 3-4 years? Then. Poof - What he did was magically erased.

Quality of a players play shouldn't weigh in on a standard. The standard is a standard. IF you waive Walton for this, then you have to waive Price, Atkins, Green, or any other Bengal that does this.

This reminds me of how people loved Burfict and when he did clearly dirty personal fouls they'd come on here and defend him and say that the refs were out to get him.

Walton was dumb and clearly wrong, but the Mixon incident is 100 times worse.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's all about talent; as to how we will excuse behavior. I've mentioned before: Robert Sands and Pacman were both involved in a physical altercation with a female around the same time. One of them was cut immediately after the incident; guess which one.

You don't have to be a long standing member of this forum to know I hated the Bengals keeping Pacman, I hated drafting Joe Mixon, and I hate that Mark Walton is still in stripes (at least Bengal stripes). But if we're going to give one a second chance we'd be hypocrites not to give them both a second chance. 

That's a great way to put it. The standard is the standard. You shouldn't treat one different because they have more talent or because you didn't like the draft pick.
Reply/Quote
These are kids. Kids make mistakes. If you have never done anything you are ashamed to have others see then you are a liar or a Saint. Casting stones at other peoples indiscretions only makes you look foolish.
Reply/Quote