Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walton video released
(03-20-2019, 01:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Prosecutors release the video of the condo incident.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article228167124.html

Wow.. really nothing much here.. everyday normal stuff with back and forth on a stupid incident.. hitting a phone out a person hand and having your car block an area is not cause to lose your job. .even in the NFL.. be honest this is some tame stuff from what I have seen other athletes do and receive little punishment...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 09:13 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: These are kids. Kids make mistakes. If you have never done anything you are ashamed to have others see then you are a liar or a Saint. Casting stones at other peoples indiscretions only makes you look foolish.

Hell, I'm so ashamed of myself that I can't hold anybody accountable for anything!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He has, so why doesn't the less talented Walton get another shot to redeem himself? The Mixon punch was 100 times worse.

Is it because one is more talented than the other? Is it because one was a potential #1 draft pick prior to his incident and the other most thought was a bad choice to draft at all?

I am not just asking you, I am asking anyone who is now defending Mixon, but ready to throw Walton out of the NFL now.

For one thing , Mixon incident happened while he was a freshman in college so it would be hard to the Bengals to cut him cause if it. Walton is currently a Bengal so it looks bad. Although the incident itself is petty. But if Mixon did that today as a Bengal he would probably be cut see Kareem Hunt as an example.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:11 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: For one thing , Mixon incident happened while he was a freshman in college so it would be hard to the Bengals to cut him cause if it.  Walton is currently a Bengal so it looks bad.  Although the incident itself is petty.  But if Mixon did that today as a Bengal he would probably be cut see Kareem Hunt as an example.

I don't think people are saying to cut Mixon. They're just pointing out the double standard.

Honestly...IF Mixon did that today, they might not cut him. There is plenty of history of them not cutting players who get in trouble and picking up players who had past issues.

The Bengals took much more negative media attention and blowback from drafting Mixon than they are from the Mark Walton incident.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think people are saying to cut Mixon. They're just pointing out the double standard.

Honestly...IF Mixon did that today, they might not cut him. There is plenty of history of them not cutting players who get in trouble and picking up players who had past issues.

The Bengals took much more negative media attention and blowback from drafting Mixon than they are from the Mark Walton incident.

If Mixon did that today, he would be absolutely ******. Setting aside all personal opinions on the matter, he absolutely crushed her. Kareem Hunt received an 8 game suspension and was cut immediately for his incident.

Mixon would be cut, immediately, and there would be a good chance he would not play in the league again after literally breaking a woman’s face. Not even Cincinnati rides that storm.
Reply/Quote
Meh, if someone was taking a video of me without consent I would have done more than that.
Reply/Quote
The thing with Walton is that he never convinced anyone last season
that was as advertised. that means he has no margain of error or very very little at that.
he has to keep working show work ethic show dedication.
he cant afford to show immaturity in any way shape ir form.
and to boot..its a BRAND NEW COACHING STAFF. THEY JUST GOT RID OF BURFICT WHOS RESUME IS 100X WALTONS.
Walton looked very average last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:35 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Meh, if someone was taking a video of me without consent I would have done more than that.

You don’t need consent to video or take photos of someone in a public setting, so that probably wouldn’t work out so well for you.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You don’t need consent to video or take photos of someone in a public setting, so that probably wouldn’t work out so well for you.

I couldn't care less. I would have taken the phone from that **** and left.
Reply/Quote
I despise individuals who don't respect the basic principles of human interaction.

Mixon's situation was different because of the environment and more importantly, he was struck by the female first. Given that, it makes his situation different than Walton's. It's still disgusting and makes your blood boil.

Walton was in an adult environment (not after party/college), and he was doing what genuinely irks me - irresponsible driving/parking. Additionally; he gets in a physical altercation with a woman who is with her husband. As a man and husband, I would feel justified reciprocating with severe violence.

It amazes me that these boys don't realize the implications of their actions.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: If Mixon did that today, he would be absolutely ******. Setting aside all personal opinions on the matter, he absolutely crushed her. Kareem Hunt received an 8 game suspension and was cut immediately for his incident.

Mixon would be cut, immediately, and there would be a good chance he would not play in the league again after literally breaking a woman’s face. Not even Cincinnati rides that storm.

The Bengals handle things different than other teams. He should be cut if he did this. I dont know that we can guarantee they would. Look how many chances Adam Jones and Chris Henry got.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The thing with Walton is that he never convinced anyone last season
that was as advertised. that means he has no margain of error or very very little at that.
he has to keep working show work ethic show dedication.
he cant afford to show immaturity in any way shape ir form.
and to boot..its a BRAND NEW COACHING STAFF. THEY JUST GOT RID OF BURFICT WHOS RESUME IS 100X WALTONS.
Walton looked very average last year.

Make no mistake, Burfict was waived because of his performance NOT to clean up the team. He's a shell of his former self as a LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Prosecutors release the video of the condo incident.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article228167124.html

I'm not exactly sure that the video shows an actual crime. But it sure does show that Walton is an arse hole, rude and about as useful as a broken fence post.

Combined with his drug charge and ultra-weak performance last year, he shouldn't be on this team. At all.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Meh, I'm not defending him or saying to keep him or anything, but this isn't even in the same realm as Hunt or Rice.

Exactly.  "Assaulted a female" sounded much worse than this crap.  Shouldn't have done it, but don't think the guy should lose his job over it.  If Maualuga stayed around after his DUI video, I can't say this is near that...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:35 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Meh, if someone was taking a video of me without consent I would have done more than that.

Meh, if you were in public then you would go to jail.  You have no right to do anything like that.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:43 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I couldn't care less. I would have taken the phone from that **** and left.

I understand that you don't mind going to jail, but most people do.
Reply/Quote
I'm going blind from all the virtue signaling in here.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2019, 08:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Meh, if you were in public then you would go to jail.  You have no right to do anything like that.

Meh maybe a night at most. Just hope you don't have money in your pocket because the DOC will steal it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:43 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: I couldn't care less. I would have taken the phone from that **** and left.

I wasn’t aware I was speaking to a bonafide badass, terribly sorry sir. Carry on.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals handle things different than other teams. He should be cut if he did this. I dont know that we can guarantee they would. Look how many chances Adam Jones and Chris Henry got.

I can see your points, I just think that the enforcement in these specific situations has become much stricter since even Pacman, definitely since Henry. If Pacman would have tussled with that woman today, he’d be a goner (he also isn’t as good as he used to be, so that factors in obviously.)
Reply/Quote