Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Ending The Shutdown Honorable?!
LOL dumb environmental stuff. Who cares?

Joshua Tree May Feel The Effects Of Government Shutdown For Hundreds Of Years

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joshua-tree-damage-government-shutdown_us_5c4f3c70e4b0d9f9be67c9c6

Just eight rangers were on hand to oversee Joshua Tree’s sprawling 790,636 acres during the shutdown. Spokesman George Land said in a statement this month that the park witnessed “incidents of new roads being created by motorists and the destruction of Joshua trees.”
With the gates open and minimal staffing, some visitors drove their vehicles off roads, graffitied rocks, started illegal campfires and cut down some of the famed trees that lend the park its name.

We got other parks. Big deal. Enough for more shutdowns.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-28-2019, 06:01 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL dumb environmental stuff.  Who cares?

Joshua Tree May Feel The Effects Of Government Shutdown For Hundreds Of Years

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joshua-tree-damage-government-shutdown_us_5c4f3c70e4b0d9f9be67c9c6

Just eight rangers were on hand to oversee Joshua Tree’s sprawling 790,636 acres during the shutdown. Spokesman George Land said in a statement this month that the park witnessed “incidents of new roads being created by motorists and the destruction of Joshua trees.”
With the gates open and minimal staffing, some visitors drove their vehicles off roads, graffitied rocks, started illegal campfires and cut down some of the famed trees that lend the park its name.

We got other parks.  Big deal. Enough for more shutdowns.

As an aside two of my more libertarian friends who feel we should have as little government as is possible were just in their glory with the shutdown.  Of course they also claim to love hiking and being in the outdoors and the environment and had very little to say about the detriment to the lands they say they love.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-28-2019, 05:48 PM)Dill Wrote: Will contractors get back pay? 

In this case, Trump is following through on a promise 2/3 of Americans never wanted him to make and don't support now. 

That is not "admirable."

Part of what "the left" media is complaining about is Trump backed himself into a no-win situation with no plan b.  Poor leadership. Incompetence.

The right is complaining that he caved. He is "weak."  Incompetence.

[Image: 920x920.jpg]

You're really quoting that idiot/psycho Ann Coulter to justify anything?!

ThumbsUp

Hilarious
(01-28-2019, 06:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're really quoting that idiot/psycho Ann Coulter to justify anything?!

ThumbsUp

Hilarious

All he is doing is showing the response of the right wing media.

You are not going to deny that Coulter is a member of the right wing media are you?
(01-28-2019, 06:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You're really quoting that idiot/psycho Ann Coulter to justify anything?!

ThumbsUp

Hilarious
On what points do you actually disagree with that idiot/psycho Trump supporter Ann Coulter?  She, like you, is for the Wall, which she thinks will save money in the long run and keep out moor poor illegals.  She doesn't care if contractors don't get paid. Worth it to her.

This idiot/psycho also appears to have a veto over at least some of Trump's executive action. That's how he backed into the shutdown with no plan beyond "no."

If he is such a great leader, how is that possible?
(01-28-2019, 07:18 PM)Dill Wrote: On what points do you actually disagree with that idiot/psycho Trump supporter Ann Coulter?  She, like you, is for the Wall, which she thinks will save money in the long run and keep out moor poor illegals.  She doesn't care if contractors don't get paid. Worth it to her.

This idiot/psycho also appears to have a veto over at least some of Trump's executive action.  That's how he backed into the shutdown with no plan beyond "no."

You can consider someone a psycho and still agree with him/her on 99% of things...right?
(01-28-2019, 07:18 PM)Dill Wrote: On what points do you actually disagree with that idiot/psycho Trump supporter Ann Coulter?  She, like you, is for the Wall, which she thinks will save money in the long run and keep out moor poor illegals.  She doesn't care if contractors don't get paid. Worth it to her.

This idiot/psycho also appears to have a veto over at least some of Trump's executive action. That's how he backed into the shutdown with no plan beyond "no."

Well if the Moors are coming, I'm suddenly in favor of the wall.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(01-28-2019, 01:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Furthermore, Schurmur's comments about hoping Trump "learned his lesson" will do absolutely nothing to work toward a bi-partisan deal

What should he have said? "Ah, you know, you win some, you lose some. I'm sure the next time Mr.Trump will get his wish again. This kind of fairness is very important to us."
(01-29-2019, 12:19 PM)jason Wrote: Well if the Moors are coming, I'm suddenly in favor of the wall.

[Image: tumblr_me9eex0E0P1qdcfc3o4_250.gif]
(01-29-2019, 12:19 PM)jason Wrote: Well if the Moors are coming, I'm suddenly in favor of the wall.

Nah, it’s the Moops you have to worry about.

Seriousness, if we are going to talk about lost wages that can’t be recouped, NPR did a nice segment on local businesses that service areas that have high numbers of federal workers. They had stories about reducing staff and hours due to fewer people eating lunch in their restaurant or events like birthdays and conferences that get catered, weren’t happening. So, it hurt a lot more people than just the ~800,000 federal employees.
(01-29-2019, 11:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You can consider someone a psycho and still agree with him/her on 99% of things...right?

No.
To go back to the original question.

If a bank robber gives back the money he stole I guess people would consider that to be "honorable". So I will agree that Trump ending the shutdown was also honorable. I have to give him credit when he does the right thing.
Was Ending The Shutdown Honorable?!

Umm...no, but one might say starting THIS shutdown in the first place, for the reason it was started, was a deplorable act. Trump's base ate it like candy, yet the rest of the country saw it for what it was. I will give Trump credit for this: He OWNED this shutdown from the beginning, even though SOME are trying to blame the left/democrats for it.

Too late. Chanting "Sharia for America!" leading elements of their army crossed the Rio Grande yesterday afternoon--at a point where there is no WALL!  

We had military units on the border there, but they were ordered to stand down by liberals. Firing on them would violate their rights.

[Image: 2e837d813b00f5bbc70d149dda75c411.jpg]
(01-29-2019, 12:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: What should he have said? "Ah, you know, you win some, you lose some. I'm sure the next time Mr.Trump will get his wish again. This kind of fairness is very important to us."

I hope we all learned a lesson...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-29-2019, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope we all learned a lesson...

OK, that would work for me. I doubt it would be politically smart though. You probably don't want to admit any wrongdoing after being perceived the winner.
And Trump wouldn't honor it, he'd see it as weakness. He would probably take to twitter and write that Chuck, as he calls him, just admitted a wrong. It would probably just embolden him to use the shutdown tool once more. Would be my guess.
(01-29-2019, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope we all learned a lesson...

What lesson exactly?
(01-29-2019, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To go back to the original question.

If a bank robber gives back the money he stole I guess people would consider that to be "honorable".  So I will agree that Trump ending the shutdown was also honorable.  I have to give him credit when he does the right thing.

Horrible comparison that makes no sense whatsoever.

Trump didn't do this to take money from people, he did it to get things done.
(01-29-2019, 03:37 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Was Ending The Shutdown Honorable?!

Umm...no, but one might say starting THIS shutdown in the first place, for the reason it was started, was a deplorable act. Trump's base ate it like candy, yet the rest of the country saw it for what it was. I will give Trump credit for this: He OWNED this shutdown from the beginning, even though SOME are trying to blame the left/democrats for it.

Some? Trump himself literally proclaimed he was shutting down the government and then turned around and tried to blame it on the democrats. Dude is a pathological liar.
(01-29-2019, 07:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Horrible comparison that makes no sense whatsoever.

Trump didn't do this to take money from people, he did it to get things done.

Money had nothing to do with the analogy.  I was just saying that when a person does something bad and then later takes steps to correct his previous bad action then those steps can be considered "honorable".